Nightly Tester Tools Resurrection

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Re: Nightly Tester Tools Resurrection

Post by joeg »

xabolcs wrote:Thank You for pointing this!
You're welcome
xabolcs wrote:And what kind of error did the Error Console log?
Ummmm, please don't laugh, but don't know how to check it. Is this what you mean? (sorry the image is so wide)
http://edu-net.net/images/errors.jpg
xabolcs wrote:Does the uploading of screenshot work with Nightly Tester Tools 3.4pre MozillaZine Edition?
I've just downloaded, installed, and tried. No, it didn't save the screenshot. Hmmm, but you said "uploading". I'm not sure what you mean.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Error Console has been disabled by default for some time now, you need to enable it with this about:config switch:
devtools.errorconsole.enabled
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Broke the image since it was breaking the forum format. Please click on the link. Joe, please use thumbnails. Thanks.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

LoudNoise wrote:Broke the image since it was breaking the forum format. Please click on the link. Joe, please use thumbnails. Thanks.
No problem LoudNoise; I knew it was too wide, but I didn't know how to put it in with a link. I never knew you could simply make a URL link to an image :oops: .

Ummmm, I've just done a quick Search of the Boards but couldn't find anything about using thumbnails in posting. Could you please point me to the instructions? Thanks.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

Some image-hosting sites automatically generate a minimized version of the picture when you upload to them. I know photobucket does, and I think imgur does as well.

Otherwise, just post the link to the image without the "img" tags.
joeg

Post by joeg »

KWierso wrote:Some image-hosting sites automatically generate a minimized version of the picture when you upload to them. I know photobucket does, and I think imgur does as well.

Otherwise, just post the link to the image without the "img" tags.
OK, thanks.
xabolcs

Post by xabolcs »

JoeG wrote:I hate to be a party-spoiler, but due to a change in the FF code, the screenshot is no longer working on NTTR or any other screenshot-related extension.

Please see this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2576141

And while I'm on the screenshot subject, though I know it's certainly not NTTR's main function, I'm wondering if it might be possible someday to offer the option to save the entire page and not only the "screen".

Thank you very, very much for your work.

This was reported as Issue #99, and the fix landed recently! :D
Thanks to whimboo for the quick review!
joeg

Post by joeg »

xabolcs wrote:...This was reported as Issue #99, and the fix landed recently! :D
Thanks to whimboo for the quick review!
This is good news. Does it mean we'll be getting a new version of resurrected NTT soon? Have a nice weekend.
xabolcs

Add basic Seamonkey support to titlebar customization

Post by xabolcs »

Dear Nightly Tester Tools and SeaMonkey Users!

tonymec tested the experimental Titlebar Custiomization feature (see Pull #104 on GitHub) recently,
but he got troubles:

tonymec wrote:After some time, though, the ${DefaultTitle} is added… and added again… and again… after the custom title. My guess is that the [ Cancel ] button actually is a second [ OK ] button.

I've no idea what happened. The changes are related to "title-calclulating" only. No controller related (onclick, onload, onunload events, ...) changes.

Could You help tonymec and me: test the development build and report problems here or in the pull request?

xpi: https://github.com/downloads/xabolcs/ni ... 1c951c.xpi
branch: https://github.com/xabolcs/nightlytt/tr ... -seamonkey

Thanks!
tonymec

Re: Add basic Seamonkey support to titlebar customization

Post by tonymec »

xabolcs wrote:Dear Nightly Tester Tools and SeaMonkey Users!

tonymec tested the experimental Titlebar Custiomization feature (see Pull #104 on GitHub) recently,
but he got troubles:

tonymec wrote:After some time, though, the ${DefaultTitle} is added… and added again… and again… after the custom title. My guess is that the [ Cancel ] button actually is a second [ OK ] button.

I've no idea what happened. The changes are related to "title-calclulating" only. No controller related (onclick, onload, onunload events, ...) changes.

Could You help tonymec and me: test the development build and report problems here or in the pull request?

xpi: https://github.com/downloads/xabolcs/ni ... 1c951c.xpi
branch: https://github.com/xabolcs/nightlytt/tr ... -seamonkey

Thanks!

nightlytt-3.4pre-issue-31-5e0db21c951c.xpi
Clicking an element line adds it to the input value. The title is immediately updated, even before I close the dialog by clicking "OK". Clicking "Cancel" instead in the dialog does not undo these changes, IOW the "Cancel" button is actually an "OK" button.
The fact that browser.preferences.instantApply is set to false (which is not the default on Linux) in about:config doesn't prevent this behaviour.
Best regards,
Tony
xabolcs

Re: Add basic Seamonkey support to titlebar customization

Post by xabolcs »

tonymec wrote:nightlytt-3.4pre-issue-31-5e0db21c951c.xpi

Clicking an element line adds it to the input value. The title is immediately updated, even before I close the dialog by clicking "OK". Clicking "Cancel" instead in the dialog does not undo these changes, IOW the "Cancel" button is actually an "OK" button.
The fact that browser.preferences.instantApply is set to false (which is not the default on Linux) in about:config doesn't prevent this behaviour.

Ohh, this is a "known issue".
Introduced in harth's commit 3bb023c1c4da!

"OK" and "Cancel" button works, but clicking on the tree to add variables to title also applies the changes immediately.
"Cancel" button reverts only the changes only if You edit the textbox by hand!
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

I see you opened an issue about this. As a cherry on the cake, maybe obey the instantApply pref I mentioned? For details, see "browser. preferences. instantApply" under http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#Browser.

With instantApply true: preferences dialogs have just a [ Close ] button, preference changes are applied immediately (default on Linux and Mac).

With instantApply false: preferences dialogs have [ Cancel ] and [ OK ] (or [ OK ] and [ Cancel ] depending on platform), changes are applied when the user clicks [ OK ], they are not applied if the user closes the dialog by clicking [ Cancel ] (this is, or used to be, the default on Windows).

This is not very important IMO but it makes the add-on's pref dialog behaviour consistent with that of "Edit→Preferences" or of (on some applications and platforms) "Tools→Options".
Best regards,
Tony
xabolcs

Post by xabolcs »

The changelist link for 3.4 is now alive! \o/

... and it's waiting for review on AMO! =D>
xabolcs

Post by xabolcs »

xabolcs wrote:The changelist link for 3.4 is now alive! \o/

... and it's waiting for review on AMO! =D>

Out NOW! :D

xabolcs

Nightly Tester Tools Version 3.6 approved

Post by xabolcs »

Hey!

After a long silence ... the Nightly Tester Tools Development Team proudly presents
Nightly Tester Tools Version 3.6 approved 2 hours, 16 minutes ago! =D>

For the early adopters: NTT 3.7pre20130806 beta version are also out!
It contains all the unmerged pulls that could be automatically merged. :)
See release notes!