With 05/12 Nightly

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
badboy

With 05/12 Nightly

Post by badboy »

I have just started using 05/12 build on a Win 98 machine with a dial-up connection and 64 MB RAM.

I want to share the following:

1) "Tools > Perferences > Advanced > Images > Enable Images > for the originating web site only" cannot be selected. I set the option through user.js. Then I could not deselect it. The same happened with 0.4.

2) I am not seeing a major difference in performance (page rendering and loading time), with respect to 0.4, though some posts indicated that 05/12 is faster.

3) No GUI setting for memory cache. Is is planned in future versions?

4) Enabling pipelining through user.js made the browser render pages faster. I would like to know if other users (with dial-up connection) felt the same.

5) I cannot use find (CTRL-F) with about:config page. Is this expected?

6) However, Phoenix is my defualt browser and I want to see it becoming better with future releases. A big THANKS to the developers.

-------
badboy
alanjstr

Re: With 05/12 Nightly

Post by alanjstr »

badboy wrote:I have just started using 05/12 build on a Win 98 machine with a dial-up connection and 64 MB RAM.

1) "Tools > Perferences > Advanced > Images > Enable Images > for the originating web site only" cannot be selected. I set the option through user.js. Then I could not deselect it. The same happened with 0.4.

2) I am not seeing a major difference in performance (page rendering and loading time), with respect to 0.4, though some posts indicated that 05/12 is faster.

3) No GUI setting for memory cache. Is is planned in future versions?

4) Enabling pipelining through user.js made the browser render pages faster. I would like to know if other users (with dial-up connection) felt the same.

5) I cannot use find (CTRL-F) with about:config page. Is this expected?

6) However, Phoenix is my defualt browser and I want to see it becoming better with future releases. A big THANKS to the developers.

-------
badboy

2) It's smaller and faster.
4) Piplelining is supposed to make it faster
5) Yes, it's a flaw in Mozilla. A major pain sometimes, eh?
michal017

Post by michal017 »

I confirm 1) with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021204 Phoenix/0.4
I didn't notice it before, since I never use this option
alanjstr

Re: With 05/12 Nightly

Post by alanjstr »

badboy wrote:I have just started using 05/12 build on a Win 98 machine with a dial-up connection and 64 MB RAM.

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=181893