Official Win32 2003-08-16 is out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Dunderklumpen

Official Win32 2003-08-16 is out

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Seemes to be working ok.
Not as fast as the inofficial optimized build so I will go back to that one.
Last edited by Dunderklumpen on August 16th, 2003, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
jrobbio

Post by jrobbio »

nearly 7mb this one.
Official Win32 BitTorrent 0.7: here
BT Tracker
- Get the latest Fire/Thunderbird builds
patrickjolliffe

Post by patrickjolliffe »

Seems OK to me too...
Timoleon

Screen Shaking Gone!

Post by Timoleon »

Just downloaded this and installed the latest Pinball 0.73 theme. No more screen shimmering!! Seems fast & smooth, too. I.E. watch out, this firebird's gonna smoke you!!
He's a goddamned robot!!
old momokatte

Post by old momokatte »

Running smoothly here, this one looks like a keeper. Here's hoping none of the toolkit independence checkins from today break anything in tomorrow's build... :)
Old Persist

Re: Screen Shaking Gone!

Post by Old Persist »

Timoleon wrote:Just downloaded this and installed the latest Pinball 0.73 theme. No more screen shimmering!! Seems fast & smooth, too. I.E. watch out, this firebird's gonna smoke you!!

Installing pinball with the themer extension crashed Firebird. Pinball made my homepage jitter and I didn't have to many bookmarks in the bookmark toolbar. Opening 1 tab made a horizontal scrollbar appear under the tabs. So there are still to many problems with themes for me. But after deleting everything and starting again I must say this seems a very stable build. I've looked through the Firebird bugs forum and haven't found a website that can crash it. This is a good build.
frofro

Post by frofro »

I get the error namedItems.removeTab.nextSibling has no properties using latest Firebird and Tabbrowser Extensions.
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

Password Manager is still broken. Unckecked "Save Passwords" and Password Manager still pops up.

Page loading is slower than recent builds for me.
Mozilla-Hulk

Post by Mozilla-Hulk »

Looks like a good build. Random crash bug is fixed and Flash was fixed yesterday. Everything is looking good.
Mozilla is the strongest one there is!!!
scragz

Post by scragz »

frofro wrote:I get the error namedItems.removeTab.nextSibling has no properties using latest Firebird and Tabbrowser Extensions.

This thread details the experimental TBE that fixes this.
Amerk_5

Re: Screen Shaking Gone!

Post by Amerk_5 »

Persist wrote:...Opening 1 tab made a horizontal scrollbar appear under the tabs...

Do you have TBE installed? I had a similar problem about a month ago with a scrollbar when there were only 2 tabs open. I think I had to change the number of tabs allowed in one window under Advanced Tab Bar from 0 to 30.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060414 (No IDN)
Buddy Christ

Post by Buddy Christ »

I'm having problems with this build. I can't seem to grab the vertical scroll bar and scroll the page at times. Clean profile with no extensions installed. Anyone else having this problem?
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

bozz wrote:Password Manager is still broken. Unckecked "Save Passwords" and Password Manager still pops up.

Page loading is slower than recent builds for me.

Pages are loading fine now....may have traffic at the sites at the time.
Is there a bug report about the Password Manager?
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

Buddy Christ wrote:I'm having problems with this build. I can't seem to grab the vertical scroll bar and scroll the page at times. Clean profile with no extensions installed. Anyone else having this problem?

Nope...no problems here.
Kitsunebi

Post by Kitsunebi »

bozz wrote:Password Manager is still broken. Unckecked "Save Passwords" and Password Manager still pops up.

I'm having that password manager problem too. It was working properly in a slightly earlier build. I made a clean profile and everything.

I also found that smooth scrolling doesn't perform nearly as fast as it did a few builds ago (like the latest milestone). The transparrent autoscroll icon seems to chunk things up too. Anyone else having that issue?