Firefox 4.0b7 Discussion, Problems, Issues

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
hicaow

Re: Firefox 4.0b7 Discussion, Problems, Issues

Post by hicaow »

The devs seemed puzzled as to why anyone would even want to disable animations let alone why Firefox should follow such a setting.

me for starters .. first thing i disable when i install XP or any OS for that matter is all the animations , if i wanted to waste time waiting and watching the window zoom towards me i would , but i don't , i'm a busy guy and speed is the key .. i hate the tab animations , they look clunky and slow.

i'll be checking out your theme patrickjdempsey :]
removed.
CosyCat

Post by CosyCat »

RobertJ wrote:If you're using security software with a firewall, try to temporarily disable it.

this solved my problem with flash
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp ... 3&tstart=0

Thanks
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

That's interesting. My flash was installed on 11/11 at 1:49pm and I updated to 10.6.5 at the same date/time. I wonder if the flash came bundled with the 10.6.5 update?

In any event glad you have your problem solved.
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

The devs seemed puzzled as to why anyone would even want to disable animations let alone why Firefox should follow such a setting.

Gets boring after the 1,000th time ... more than boring if you're using 5-year-old hardware :evil: Triply boring if you're on Linux without hardware acceleration :lol:
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

hicaow wrote:

me for starters .. first thing i disable when i install XP or any OS for that matter is all the animations , if i wanted to waste time waiting and watching the window zoom towards me i would , but i don't , i'm a busy guy and speed is the key .. i hate the tab animations , they look clunky and slow.

i'll be checking out your theme patrickjdempsey :]

None of my themes are ready for use yet... I'm waiting till it gets a little closer... I had intended to really start gearing down my work after b7 but it looks like too many features are still MIA. At the minimum I'll have Stratini Padded up and running for 4.0 and it will be sparse on animations and restore many 3.0 features that have been dropped.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
aowb

Post by aowb »

:?: 在"附加组件管理器"的"扩展"栏中,使用右上角的"从文件安装附件组件"功能,在选择一个 .xpi文件以后,Firefox没有任何反应(把这个.xpi文件拖到附件组件管理器中也没有反应). 但是如果新建一个空的配置文件,可以成功安装.xpi文件.(老的配置文件是从firefox 3.6.12升级来的.),是什么原因导致这个问题的呢?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:?: In the "Add-ons Component Manager" of "Extended" column, use the upper right corner "install the add-on component from a file " function, After select a ".xpi" file later, Firefox did not respond (drag this "xpi" file to the "Add-ons Component Manager" does not respond also). But if I create a new empty configuration file, I can successfully install the ".xpi" file. (My old configuration file is coming from the firefox 3.6.12 upgrade.), is what causes the problem it?
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

aowb wrote::?: 在"附加组件管理器"的"扩展"栏中,使用右上角的"从文件安装附件组件"功能,在选择一个 .xpi文件以后,Firefox没有任何反应(把这个.xpi文件拖到附件组件管理器中也没有反应). 但是如果新建一个空的配置文件,可以成功安装.xpi文件.(老的配置文件是从firefox 3.6.12升级来的.),是什么原因导致这个问题的呢?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:?: In the "Add-ons Component Manager" of "Extended" column, use the upper right corner "install the add-on component from a file " function, After select a ".xpi" file later, Firefox did not respond (drag this "xpi" file to the "Add-ons Component Manager" does not respond also). But if I create a new empty configuration file, I can successfully install the ".xpi" file. (My old configuration file is coming from the firefox 3.6.12 upgrade.), is what causes the problem it?

You really should be using a new profile for Firefox 4 from Firefox 3.6. Lots of changes between those versions can cause weird/bad things to happen if you jump between the versions.
skeeterfood

Post by skeeterfood »

Anyone else notice that the Amazon Lightning deals on the Gold Box page don't show in 4.0b7?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/
They should be to the right of the Deal of the Day
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

skeeterfood wrote:Anyone else notice that the Amazon Lightning deals on the Gold Box page don't show in 4.0b7?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/
They should be to the right of the Deal of the Day

I don't see anything in Firefox 4 nightlies over on the right.

In Opera, I get the following text in that area:
Sorry, this browser is not supported by our Lightning Deals widget.

Maybe just bad browser detection?
mamoulian

Post by mamoulian »

I have *many* tabs across 2 windows in my sessionstore.js.
(by many I mean that in FF4 b4 the running firefox.exe process has 'virtual size' of 1,150,244K and climbing)

Beta 7 won't start up. It opens the windows, opens tabs, asks for master password, starts loading the tabs, then freezes and eventually crashes. (this is on XP.)

I can't click the 'Feedback' button as the UI is frozen and the crash reporter doesn't run.

Beta 4 is still fine.
I can't run betas 5 or 6 because of an NTLM proxy bug.
patrickjdempsey

You probably need to create a new profile. The early betas and the recent ones may not actually be compatible to run under the same profile due to changes in the profile structure.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
patrickjdempsey

What's going on with the Firefox Start Home page? The font's are very small and do *not* respond to font settings in Options > Content > Fonts & Colors. Here is a screen shot with the "default" font-size set to 32:

As you can see the Search button is the only thing responding to the default font size. The rest of the text on this page is impossibly hard to read... obviously not designed by the same people who designed the Addons Manager with it's impossibly huge fonts. (Would Mozilla please at least obey system font sizes please?) I have my default font size set to 17 because for whatever reason there is a big jump in readability between 16 and 17 on my machines.
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

@ patrickjdempsey

Strange issue indeed, but I'm not seeing it:

I'd be curious to see if anyone else has this issue. If so, a bug should probably be filed.

EDIT:
Your user string says Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
My Firefox Add-Ons Collection: Firefox Essentials
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Start page looks fine using FF4b7 on OSX 10.6.5

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Alice

Post by Alice »

RobertJ wrote:That's interesting. My flash was installed on 11/11 at 1:49pm and I updated to 10.6.5 at the same date/time. I wonder if the flash came bundled with the 10.6.5 update?

Yes it did, according to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4435 (under "Flash Player plug-in")

(I updated to Flash 10.1 r102 on 11-7-2010, a week before I installed the OS X 10.6.5 Software Update)
Alice Wyman