MozillaZine

The World of WebGL discussion and bug hunting

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
phuzi0n
 
Posts: 517
Joined: June 23rd, 2010, 5:48 pm

Post Posted March 4th, 2011, 9:40 am

hews310 wrote:
avada wrote:
Mark342 wrote:IIRC, a bug landed recently that makes WebGL obey the graphics blacklist.
The webgl.force-enabled pref disregards the blacklist.

But why would they blacklist my 2600xt? Webgl was always working. (on windows)

I think you need a driver newer than June or July 2010?

I have Catalyst 11.2 and a radeon 4670 but I have to force webgl when I enable native opengl (better performance and feature support than ANGLE) but it's no biggie I guess.

keldorn
 
Posts: 30
Joined: February 28th, 2011, 6:03 am

Post Posted March 4th, 2011, 4:30 pm

On WebGL Aquarium, why "Press L for sharks with frikken lasers." is not working? When I press 'L' nothing happens and in the error console it says: Error: uncaught exception: TypeError: window.wrappedJSObject.navigator.__defineGetter__ is not a function (error was caused by ImageTweak 0.21 but lasers still don't work)
Last edited by keldorn on March 6th, 2011, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theliel
 
Posts: 101
Joined: November 10th, 2005, 8:41 am

Post Posted March 4th, 2011, 6:11 pm

much better with gl too, ANGLE its a lot of slower for me.

avada
 
Posts: 859
Joined: February 10th, 2008, 6:30 am
Location: Hungary

Post Posted March 5th, 2011, 6:54 am

keldorn wrote:On WebGL Aquarium, why "Press L for sharks with frikken lasers." is not working? When I press 'L' nothing happens and in the error console it says: Error: uncaught exception: TypeError: window.wrappedJSObject.navigator.__defineGetter__ is not a function

I don't know of such a feature. (Is it the google wegbl aquarium I'm thinking of?)
Theliel wrote:much better with gl too, ANGLE its a lot of slower for me.

I think it should since it translates opengl to d3d first.

rausuar
 
Posts: 45
Joined: September 21st, 2010, 5:55 pm

Post Posted March 5th, 2011, 7:38 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the 64 bit nightlies of Firefox 4 (Minefield) do not appear to have a Webgl Renderer...

Rodze
 
Posts: 598
Joined: October 5th, 2006, 2:54 pm

Post Posted March 5th, 2011, 8:17 am

rausuar wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the 64 bit nightlies of Firefox 4 (Minefield) do not appear to have a Webgl Renderer...

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=616918

?

Don't hold you breath.

phuzi0n
 
Posts: 517
Joined: June 23rd, 2010, 5:48 pm

Post Posted March 5th, 2011, 8:25 am

Rodze wrote:
rausuar wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the 64 bit nightlies of Firefox 4 (Minefield) do not appear to have a Webgl Renderer...

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=616918

?

Don't hold you breath.

64bit on windows isn't officially supported yet so it doesn't get much love. You can probably force it to use native OpenGL as long as you have decent graphics hardware/drivers (nvidia/ati).

WonderCsabo
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 9:29 am
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Post Posted March 6th, 2011, 3:14 am

Hi!

I use webgl.prefer_gl;true, but about:support says my WebGL renderer is still ANGLE. Is the variable changed? It worked for me some time ago.

iceccold

User avatar
 
Posts: 661
Joined: February 24th, 2010, 10:53 am
Location: Subotica, Serbia

Post Posted March 6th, 2011, 4:29 am

WonderCsabo wrote:Hi!

I use webgl.prefer_gl;true, but about:support says my WebGL renderer is still ANGLE. Is the variable changed? It worked for me some time ago.

Setting webgl.prefer-native-gl to true switches to OpenGL for me.
"We cannot have homeland security unless we understand that the whole planet is our homeland "

keldorn
 
Posts: 30
Joined: February 28th, 2011, 6:03 am

Post Posted March 6th, 2011, 4:52 am

avada wrote:
keldorn wrote:On WebGL Aquarium, why "Press L for sharks with frikken lasers." is not working? When I press 'L' nothing happens and in the error console it says: Error: uncaught exception: TypeError: window.wrappedJSObject.navigator.__defineGetter__ is not a function

I don't know of such a feature. (Is it the google wegbl aquarium I'm thinking of?)


Yes.

Here it is, in notes: http://webglsamples.googlecode.com/hg/a ... EADME.html

Controls

Use the mouse to change various settings.
Click the * to bring up more settings.
Press SPACE to change the view.
Press L for sharks with frikken lasers. Looks best from an outside view.


Works in Chrome.

Edit: it appears that Firefox doesn't capture keyboard events because SPACE to change the view also doesn't work (on Chrome it does).
Last edited by keldorn on March 6th, 2011, 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

hews310
 
Posts: 378
Joined: January 17th, 2011, 11:22 am

Post Posted March 6th, 2011, 5:04 am

iceccold wrote:Setting webgl.prefer-native-gl to true switches to OpenGL for me.

Yes much better fps with that set to true here, on web aquarium, using this I get around 50fps with a 1000 fish, only 21 fps with ANGLE
NVIDIA Corporation -- GeForce 9800 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW! -- 3.3.0 (OpenGL?)

any reason why this isn't set as default?

keldorn
 
Posts: 30
Joined: February 28th, 2011, 6:03 am

Post Posted March 6th, 2011, 5:08 am

My understanding is that with some graphic cards and driver combinations it crashes the browser or even BSODs the Windows.

WonderCsabo
 
Posts: 2230
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 9:29 am
Location: Budapest, Hungary

Post Posted March 6th, 2011, 9:08 am

iceccold wrote:
WonderCsabo wrote:Hi!

I use webgl.prefer_gl;true, but about:support says my WebGL renderer is still ANGLE. Is the variable changed? It worked for me some time ago.

Setting webgl.prefer-native-gl to true switches to OpenGL for me.


Thanks, it works.

hews310
 
Posts: 378
Joined: January 17th, 2011, 11:22 am

Post Posted March 6th, 2011, 10:06 am

keldorn wrote:My understanding is that with some graphic cards and driver combinations it crashes the browser or even BSODs the Windows.

You'd think they could just blacklist the offending drivers though since the performance boost is so huge? Not got any crashes on about 20+ WebGL tests so far with 258.96 driver.

iceccold

User avatar
 
Posts: 661
Joined: February 24th, 2010, 10:53 am
Location: Subotica, Serbia

Post Posted March 6th, 2011, 10:13 am

On https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl/sdk/tests/webgl-conformance-tests.html
I get:
Firefox 4.0 RC - ANGLE - Results: (5396 of 5470 passed, 1 timed out)
Firefox 4.0 RC - OpenGL -Results: (5381 of 5470 passed, 1 timed out)
Google Chrome 10 Beta - ANGLE - Results: (5470 of 5719 passed)
"We cannot have homeland security unless we understand that the whole planet is our homeland "

Return to Firefox Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests