Tab grouping is annoying!

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
thebudman

Tab grouping is annoying!

Post by thebudman »

Hi earlier i pressed that dreaded tab grouping button by mistake and i thought i could go back to my tab by clicking but that just seemed to open a blank tab so i tried press x to close and bang lost all my tabs, grrr the functionality of it is so confusing and im an advanced user! How can i completely remove tab grouping?
Last edited by thebudman on March 1st, 2011, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
thebudman

Re: Tab grouping is annoying!

Post by thebudman »

It is basiclly unusable in the state it is in, Need to be able to click close on the dang thing and it just close the grouping page or to at least click a blank spot to go back to your page you was on or something.
mikedl

Post by mikedl »

How can i completely remove tab grouping?

thebudman, couldn't you just run "Customize" and remove the tab grouping icon from any toolbar wherein you might mistakenly select it? That's what I did.

I still play with it from time to time and find it to be fairly acceptable - just not something I need at the moment.
"It may be that there are true demonstrations; but this is not certain. Thus, this proves nothing else but that it is not certain that all is uncertain, to the glory of skepticism." Pascal's Pensées
thebudman

Post by thebudman »

Yeah removed it from toolbar. How can i remove it from the tab list though? userstyle?
mikedl

Post by mikedl »

thebudman wrote:Yeah removed it from toolbar. How can i remove it from the tab list though?

Not sure what you mean by "tab list." Sorry. :oops:

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. I've removed the "List all Tabs" button long ago, same as the "Tab Groups" button. I never used either.
Last edited by mikedl on March 1st, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It may be that there are true demonstrations; but this is not certain. Thus, this proves nothing else but that it is not certain that all is uncertain, to the glory of skepticism." Pascal's Pensées
thebudman

Post by thebudman »

Drop arrow for list of tabs that is on the right side of the browser on the tab bar unless you remove it, Been there since way back when lol
thebudman

Post by thebudman »

thebudman wrote:Drop arrow for list of tabs that is on the right side of the browser on the tab bar unless you remove it, Been there since way back when lol

*edit yeah list all tabs i meant sorry. I use that as sometimes i get way to many tabs open, 20+ tabs and trying to read whats on the tabs by scrolling is slow as you have to hover mouse over each one to see full title as the tabs are shrunk when you have that many open so i open the all tabs to quickly find the tab im looking for.
mikedl

Post by mikedl »

Yeah, I can see where you would want to use it. Perhaps someone here will develop a User Style to remove the Tab Group selection from that drop down menu.
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

Just go to about:config and turn browser.allTabs.previews to true?
thebudman

Post by thebudman »

KWierso wrote:Just go to about:config and turn browser.allTabs.previews to true?

No i prefer the list not the thumbnails. I need a userchrome / userstyle tweak i think.
rob64rock

Post by rob64rock »

thebudman wrote:
thebudman wrote:Drop arrow for list of tabs that is on the right side of the browser on the tab bar unless you remove it, Been there since way back when lol

*edit yeah list all tabs i meant sorry. I use that as sometimes i get way to many tabs open, 20+ tabs and trying to read whats on the tabs by scrolling is slow as you have to hover mouse over each one to see full title as the tabs are shrunk when you have that many open so i open the all tabs to quickly find the tab im looking for.

You do know they are planing to combine the "list all tabs button" and "Tab Group button"? :-k
Bug 596017 - Combine the Panorama button and the List Tabs button and list all tabs+groups in List Tabs drop-down
Tss

Post by Tss »

Try this:

Code: Select all

#menu_tabview,
#alltabs-popup-separator
{display: none !important; }
mikedl

Post by mikedl »

Tss wrote:Try this:

#menu_tabview,
#alltabs-popup-separator

Awesome, Tss! I hope thebudman sees this. :)

Before:

After:

patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

thebudman wrote:
KWierso wrote:Just go to about:config and turn browser.allTabs.previews to true?

No i prefer the list not the thumbnails. I need a userchrome / userstyle tweak i think.

browser.allTabs.previews changes what the alltabs button (the drop-down arrow) at the end of the tab strip does. False shows the drop-down arrow and a list, true shows 4 little boxes and displays each tab as a preview on a black background for switching from tab to tab. It is completely unrelated to tab groups.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
thebudman

Post by thebudman »

Tss wrote:Try this:

#menu_tabview,
#alltabs-popup-separator

Sorry for the very late reply i was busy with other things for a bit and just now remembered i better check my old thread, anyway thank you very much!