Profiles

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
mfdemicco

Profiles

Post by mfdemicco »

Creating a new profile (recommended when installing a new Phoenix build) deletes all my passwords, settings, etc. This is a pain. How can I move over my settings from an older profile? (I already figured out how to move the bookmarks over, which is the biggest issue.)
RAF

Post by RAF »

In your profile folder (blabla.slt) is a file that has a filename with 8 numbers and an extension .s.
this is your password file.
alanjstr

Re: Profiles

Post by alanjstr »

mfdemicco wrote:Creating a new profile (recommended when installing a new Phoenix build) deletes all my passwords, settings, etc. This is a pain. How can I move over my settings from an older profile? (I already figured out how to move the bookmarks over, which is the biggest issue.)

It is NOT suggested that you do this. The password management is under revision and at some point things will go wonky.
flii

Post by flii »

you also have to remember that anyone using phoenix is a beta tester. phoenix has not yet released a version 1.0, which means that if you want to use this wonderful browser, you have to put up with the pre-release problems. being able to move over an already existing profile is, unfortunately, one of thost problems. sorry. :(
`jarsonic

Post by `jarsonic »

Trust, me, this is _much_ easier than winamp3 was in the prealphas / internals.... lots of deleting settings and starting with a blank slate. ;)

- `Jarsonic
audioaficionado

Post by audioaficionado »

No biggie redoing the 0.5 profile after saving the bookmark.html file and user preferance.css I created. I'd advise against too much customization while beta testing anyway.

As for winamp3, I just stayed with 2.80 since there wasn't any audio quality improvements with v3.0 to make it worth the trauma.
8) Windows: XPproSP2
8) Gentoo & Overclockix Live CD
8) Latest Firefox of course

Cya later,
Steve
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

`jarsonic wrote:Trust, me, this is _much_ easier than winamp3 was in the prealphas / internals.... lots of deleting settings and starting with a blank slate. ;)

What do you mean 'since'? Winamp 3 is like Netscape 6... the latest 'public internal' has so much stuff moved around that the claim that the next release will be a simple bugfix seems very strange.

Anyway, Phoenix dev has slowed a bit now, using the latest nightlies is only really worth it in most cases for the bug reporting, in which case you should be deleting your profile anyway. I don't imagine I'll be upgrading from 0.5 for a while yet, which is saying something considering I'd switched nightlies every update from 0.1 until about halfway through the 0.4 lifecycle...

- Chris