Nightly Firefox Win 64 bit Discussion

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Re: Nightly Firefox Win 64 bit Discussion

Post by joeg »

speciesx wrote:PGO Build should be back soon.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=795594
That's good news. How will I know when it is, please?
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
supergirl260

Post by supergirl260 »

JoeG wrote:
speciesx wrote:PGO Build should be back soon.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=795594
That's good news. How will I know when it is, please?

that bug will be marked as verified fixed and closed when it is checked in and there should be an hourly build with the fix
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

supergirl260 wrote:that bug will be marked as verified fixed and closed when it is checked in and there should be an hourly build with the fix
Thank you very much.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
speciesx

Post by speciesx »

only fix bug 795594 isn't enough, they must enabled PGO Build again.
sry for my bad english.

My real user agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv: current nightly) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/current nightly
fxtech

Post by fxtech »

check that link for a new WIN 64 PGO

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... o/?C=M;O=D
joeg

Post by joeg »

fxtech wrote:check that link for a new WIN 64 PGO ...
Thanks, but the "newest" build I saw there was from 30 Sep, which I think is before the problem began. Also, I guess those builds won't update using the "Nightly" system.
mympuk

Post by mympuk »

Good day, ppl.
The last few builds, watching the strange thing: Nightly (19.0a1) doesn't want to save anything to the hard drive when using add-ons. As example - screenshots from Screengrab, Screenshoter and Awesome screenshot, pages from Mozilla Archive Format.
I am a 'lucky' one?
joeg

Post by joeg »

mympuk wrote:Good day, ppl.
The last few builds, watching the strange thing: Nightly (19.0a1) doesn't want to save anything to the hard drive when using add-ons. As example - screenshots from Screengrab, Screenshoter and Awesome screenshot, pages from Mozilla Archive Format.
I am a 'lucky' one?
As far as I can see, you're right, but I'm having two separate issues.

Using Abduction 3.0.14, no matter what size screenshot I try to save - the full page or just a small section - I get the message "Image is too large. Firefox can not save it."

However, using the screenshot function of Nightly Tester Tools 3.4pre, I'm able to capture an image, but - as you've said - Nightly simply refuses to save it on the HDD. I was able to copy it to the clipboard and then save to a graphics program (IrfanView), but that's certainly not the way it's supposed to work.

Just for the record, the normal PrintScreen function is OK.

In regard to your more general comment, "Nightly (19.0a1) doesn't want to save anything to the hard drive when using add-ons.", I don't quite understand what you mean. I just used the "FlashGot" extension to save a YouTube movie with no problem. The issue only seems to be with extensions for screenshots.
Chris000001

Post by Chris000001 »

Some functions changed recently. I don't have the bug number, but I posted about it here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2570969 and here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=73324&start=505 . That's probably why any extension that saves images is broken.
mympuk

Post by mympuk »

JoeG wrote:I don't quite understand what you mean... The issue only seems to be with extensions for screenshots.

Imagine that you have a few add-ons. No matter what they do, only important that the expected result of their activity add-ons have to write to HDD - screenshots, saved page, backup files. In other words, the bytes of information.
I just wrote that, since some builds, add-ons can't to write anything to HDD, it is not just about screenshots.
Thanks for the workaround about saving screenshots through buffer, but this is not a good option - too much extra work (of course I'm not talking about 5-10 screenshots per day).
Chris000001 wrote:Some functions changed recently.

You're right, problem initially looks like 'system' instead of 'broken config/profile'. At first I thought about Java issues, but your version more correct, I think.
And it's sad, because the wait for the correction of the add-ons authors often impossible - 'once made ​​work' remains itself.

It is strange that no one writes about similar problems. People do not use add-ons?
joeg

Post by joeg »

Chris000001 wrote:Some functions changed recently. I don't have the bug number, but I posted about it here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2570969 and here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=73324&start=505 . That's probably why any extension that saves images is broken.
Yes, this would appear to be the reason. Thanks.

Actually, it's a rather serious change that, I imagine, will affect a considerable number of users, not to mention extension developers. It'll be interesting to see how fast the latter react.
Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis »

Is there an explanation why linux has 64bit but not windows? is linux a higher priority for mozilla than windows?

64bit is the future and in my opinion also the current, 32bit is the past. If a 64bit version has problems its no big deal just keep doing 32bit as well so user's have choice.

What I want is a version of firefox thats 64bit and that GC/CC can be disabled (they slow down the app) then I can have firefox leaking memory as much as it wants but it wont matter as it be 64bit and no GC to fight with it.
joeg

Post by joeg »

Chrysalis wrote:Is there an explanation why linux has 64bit but not windows? ...
Ummm, there's been a 64-bit Nightly for ages. Please see the very first post in this thread for the download locations.

If you mean an official release, this is something someone else will have to address.
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

What I want is a version of firefox thats 64bit and that GC/CC can be disabled (they slow down the app) then I can have firefox leaking memory as much as it wants but it wont matter as it be 64bit and no GC to fight with it.

wat
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

KWierso wrote:

wat

ROFLMAO... Remember this is from a post by Chrysalis !
Last edited by JayhawksRock on October 19th, 2012, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln