Firefox's Metro App version? (released sticky)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
WattsvilleBlues
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Re: Firefox's Metro App version?

Post by WattsvilleBlues »

How do I disable the modern/metro version of Aurora and just use the desktop version exclusively? When I click links from within metro apps in Windows 8.1 with Aurora 26 installed, it opens them in the new UI which I don't want.

Thanks!
I think they're more interested in my epididymis
mattcoz

Post by mattcoz »

WattsvilleBlues wrote:How do I disable the modern/metro version of Aurora and just use the desktop version exclusively? When I click links from within metro apps in Windows 8.1 with Aurora 26 installed, it opens them in the new UI which I don't want.

Thanks!

You can't. ](*,)

There has been a bug open for it for nearly a year and a half with little to no activity.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=771174
Skypilot617

Post by Skypilot617 »

I'm using Nightly on a fast modern desktop (W 8.1) with multiple displays - Desktop on one and Modern mainly on the second. It works fine and links from emails and Google searches open on the MUI screen when launched.

I also have a Dell Latitude 10 Tablet for on the go. Since upgrading to W 8.1 clicking on links in Modern gives only a complete blue screen. Nightly still works OK on the Desktop app. Screen resolution on the Dell tablet is limited to (1366x768) and I wondered if this was an issue with the latest Nightly build.
LoudNoise

Re: Firefox's Metro App version? (released sticky)

Post by LoudNoise »

Released as a sticky.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."