Building Phoenix: GTK+ 2.x + Xft

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
agamid

Re: yup

Post by agamid »

orochi wrote:im running it here for a couple months now... its stable too, heres my mozconfig

# toolkit
ac_add_options --enable-toolkit-gtk2
ac_add_options --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2
ac_add_options --disable-toolkit-qt
ac_add_options --disable-toolkit-xlib
ac_add_options --disable-toolkit-gtk

im running gentoo btw,
glibc 2.3.1
gcc 2.3.1

I looked in the configure script... and there was no option --enable-toolkit-gtk2...
only --enable-toolkit-gtk and then setting gtk2 in the default-toolkit.
I noticed that when I used --enable-toolkit-gtk2, the compiles were using my gtk+-1.2 stuff... but after switching it to --enable-toolkit-gtk, it was able to pick out my gtk2 stuff...
crippled-bird

Huh

Post by crippled-bird »

agamid wrote:
orochi wrote:im running it here for a couple months now... its stable too, heres my mozconfig

# toolkit
ac_add_options --enable-toolkit-gtk2
ac_add_options --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2
ac_add_options --disable-toolkit-qt
ac_add_options --disable-toolkit-xlib
ac_add_options --disable-toolkit-gtk

im running gentoo btw,
glibc 2.3.1
gcc 2.3.1

I looked in the configure script... and there was no option --enable-toolkit-gtk2...
only --enable-toolkit-gtk and then setting gtk2 in the default-toolkit.
I noticed that when I used --enable-toolkit-gtk2, the compiles were using my gtk+-1.2 stuff... but after switching it to --enable-toolkit-gtk, it was able to pick out my gtk2 stuff...

That's funny, because I do it with --enable-toolkit-gtk2 or without any --enable-toolkit, and Phoenix still picks up the gtk2 theme and I get this:

MOZ_WIDGET_TOOLKIT = gtk2

in mozilla/config/autoconf.mk, which I trust. I'm pretty sure the defaults section at the beginning of configure is wrong. Frankly, I don't think that --enable-toolkit-whatever has any effect, since the flag (MOZ_ENABLE_GTK) is never set even if you do use gtk1.2. What gets set is that same:

MOZ_WIDGET_TOOLKIT = gtk

but to gtk instead of gtk2.

Anyway, I'm not very happy with the gtk2 version. It seems slower and it grabs the mouse wheel, but doesn't let me adjust it. It looks a bit slicker, though.
agamid

Post by agamid »

that's funny... because I use what I said... "--enable-toolkit-gtk" but with the default toolkit set to gtk2, and my MOZ_WIDGET_TOOLKIT = gtk2 in the autoconf.mk file.

with --enable-toolkit-gtk2, it's set to gtk.
malana-lars

Post by malana-lars »

i don't know, what this all means (and honestly i don't want to, it just takes too much time to make one build ;) )

but it works (together with the 2nd script from here: http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2908)

and it really looks amazing. :D
thanks for the tips. (i think it's the first time in my linux-carreer, that i compiled such a big software without errors in the first attempt :lol: )

lars
agamid

Post by agamid »

if you want to further your linux career... you might eventually want to understand a bit more about what that all meant :)
agamid

Post by agamid »

actually, I've been having phoenix compilation problems lately.
I try to compile it the way I normally do (see above) but now, I get an error saying that gdkconfig.h is not found. I noticed that I don't have this file. I never used to get this error in compiling phoenix-01-29... but when I tried 02-16, it failed.

anyone notice this too?
malana-lars

Post by malana-lars »

did you install gnome2 from binary or source?
if you installed from binary, you may have to install an appropriate dev-package which includes the header-files.
agamid

Post by agamid »

no. I didn't install gnome2... I build gtk+2.2.1 myself though. I think it that first install of gtk+2.2.0, it put in a gdkconfig.h
but when I upgraded to gtk+2.2.1, for some reason, it didn't put in a gdkconfig.h

anyway, I tried building 2.2.1 again and it did put it in.

that's no longer my build problem. now, I'm getting another error. I've posted it in this forum.