The Official Win32 20111003 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
WildcatRay

The Official Win32 20111003 builds are out

Post by WildcatRay »

A couple of notes about the Nightly thread.
Nightly Build thread RSS feed (courtesy DaCypher)

The Official Win32 20111003 NIGHTLY build is out. Changeset: 90575e23ea93
The Official Win32 20111003 AURORA build is out. Changeset: 79eab065f0d0
.The Official Firefox 8.0 beta 2 builds are not yet out Changeset: 8c16a7575d10

Previous NIGHTLY 20111002 (FF10.0a1)
Previous AURORA 20111002 (FF9.0a2)
Previous BETA 20110928 (FF8.0b1 build 1)

Hourly NIGHTLY builds : mozilla-central-linux || mozilla-central-macosx || mozilla-central-win32 || Firefox Tinderbox || NIGHTLY Changelog
Hourly NIGHTLY archive for Windows, Mac and Linux (not the final format yet)
AURORA Tinderbox || AURORA changelog

Last update: 2011-10-03 -- 0740 PDT = 1440 UTC

Fixed:
    NIGHTLY
  1. #93077 [Core:Layout]-href="#top" does not work like in IE/NS4 [All]
  2. #616672 [Core:DOM: Mozilla Extensions]-Warn on access of LSProgressEvent.position, LSProgressEvent.totalSize [All]
  3. #673820 [Core:DOM: Core & HTML]-Stop parsing integers when something else than [0-9] is found [All]
  4. #680694 [Core:DOM: Core & HTML]-Remove TableRowsCollection::Init [All]
  5. #683482 [Core:DOM: Core & HTML]-remove replaceWholeText() [All]
  6. #687318 [Core:DOM: Core & HTML]-Allow createProcessingInstruction in HTML [All]
  7. #687426 [Core:DOM: Core & HTML]-Remove Document.xmlEncoding [All]
  8. #688154 [Core:ImageLib]-Remove return value (and |new| success-checking) from NewRequestAndEntry (imgLoader.cpp) [All]
  9. #688468 [Core:DOM]-Fix up nsIFrameMessageManager::sendAsyncMessage/nsISyncMessageSender::sendSyncMessage IDL signature [All]
  10. #688531 [Core:DOM: Core & HTML]-Remove NameList [All]
  11. #688544 [Core:DOM]-Make nsFrameLoader::mOwnerContent an Element* [All]
  12. #691041 [Core:Disability Access APIs]-Unused variable origTargetContent in nsRootAccessible::ProcessDOMEvent [Lin]
    AURORA
    None
    BETA
    None

Partial Landings/WIPs/Incoming:
    NIGHTLY
  1. #614732 [Core:SVG]-Rework SVG rendering to use display lists and display-list-based invalidation [All]
    AURORA
    None
    BETA
    None

Regressions/Annoying/Common bugs:
    None

Nightly 9.0a1/10.0a1 fixes since 20110322 (mozilla 2.2) = ~3349
Aurora 8.0a2/9.0a2 fixes since 20110322 (mozilla 2.2) = ~2550
Beta 7.0 fixes since 20110322 (mozilla 2.2) = 1948
Release FF 7.0.1 TBD FF 6.0.2 ~1333,FF 5.0 ~669

Release tracking Firefox 7-10 see HERE
Last edited by WildcatRay on October 3rd, 2011, 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
couldabeen

Re: The Official Win32 20111003 builds are not yet out

Post by couldabeen »

From previous thread.
couldabeen wrote:The favicon holder in the URL box is gone( or has narrowed considerably) with the (10.0a1 (2011-10-01) Nightly build. Kind of hard to drag a link to the bookmarks bar with it like it is. I have favicon set to 3 in the prefs, but that square dashed box should still show.

They are still there in Aurora and UX.

WildcatRay wrote:It sounds like you have not done any troubleshooting before you posted here.

Yes, I did! Considerable in fact, before I posted.
So point me to something I may have missed, instead of 'pointedly' telling me I was lack in seeking an answer!
Free Your Mind, And Your A$$ Will Follow - Funkadelic, 1970
Watabou

Post by Watabou »

Nightly is using an awful lot of ram even with the same tabs open and the same extensions. I have 21 tabs open right now which was the same as yesterday but yesterday's build used around 700-800 MB ram but today's Nightly is using a whopping 1.40 GB of ram!

Is there a way to see how much memory my extensions are using like Chrome?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

couldabeen wrote:From previous thread.
couldabeen wrote:The favicon holder in the URL box is gone( or has narrowed considerably) with the (10.0a1 (2011-10-01) Nightly build. Kind of hard to drag a link to the bookmarks bar with it like it is. I have favicon set to 3 in the prefs, but that square dashed box should still show.

WildcatRay wrote:It sounds like you have not done any troubleshooting before you posted here.

So point me to something I may have missed, instead of 'pointedly' telling me I was lack in seeking an answer!

Well, you have not yet stated what you have done in terms of troubleshooting, therefore, I am not able to make a meaningful post, i.e., I don't want to tell you to do things you have already done. Also, considering no one else has reported seeing the same thing, it is even more important to know what you have already done before trying to help you solve things.

So, what have you done so far?
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

WildcatRay wrote:
couldabeen wrote:From previous thread.

Well, you have not yet stated what you have done in terms of troubleshooting, therefore, I am not able to make a meaningful post, i.e., I don't want to tell you to do things you have already done. Also, considering no one else has reported seeing the same thing, it is even more important to know what you have already done before trying to help you solve things.

So, what have you done so far?

For starters, I looked at the posting(s) in the past several days of your builds updates to see if I was the only one with the problem. Then I reinstalled three older versions of the nightlies, (one at a time of course) and the problem was not there with them. Then I opened the graphics package that sets the display for the default theme(I couldn't find the favicon holder). I then went into about:config, and set the favicon to True( I usually have it at False{off}). Still missing. All that got me was a bunch of favicons I don't want.
Then I posted.
So, I made a complaint about something missing in a nightly version. Didn't ask for help If I remember correctly. Just a statement of a problem I had.
You are the one that made it seem like I was a complete and total bumf__K because I didn't expound to your personal protocols!
Consider my statement a moot point, and remove it from the previous thread, and all of the references to it in this one.
I won't be posting things like that in your build(s) threads again.
Sorry to have wasted your time!
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

couldabeen wrote:For starters, I looked at the posting(s) in the past several days of your builds updates to see if I was the only one with the problem. Then I reinstalled three older versions of the nightlies, (one at a time of course) and the problem was not there with them. Then I opened the graphics package that sets the display for the default theme(I couldn't find the favicon holder). I then went into about:config, and set the favicon to True( I usually have it at False{off}). Still missing. All that got me was a bunch of favicons I don't want.
Then I posted.
So, I made a complaint about something missing in a nightly version. Didn't ask for help If I remember correctly. Just a statement of a problem I had.
You are the one that made it seem like I was a complete and total bumf__K because I didn't expound to your personal protocols!
Consider my statement a moot point, and remove it from the previous thread, and all of the references to it in this one.

Believe it or not, I am trying to help you with this which makes your unwillingness to cooperate all the more puzzling.

In spite of all of this, I am trying to see where you say you tested things in safe mode or using a brand new profile or am I missing that? Troubleshooting by testing in safe mode or with a new profile are not "my protocols." They are two fundamental troubleshooting steps for Nightly and all the way to Firefox. (See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox if you do not believe me.)

So, the ball is in your court. Do you or do you not want help with your situation?
Ray

couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

WildcatRay wrote:
couldabeen wrote:For starters, I looked at the posting(s) in the past several days of your builds updates to see if I was the only one with the problem. Then I reinstalled three older versions of the nightlies, (one at a time of course) and the problem was not there with them. Then I opened the graphics package that sets the display for the default theme(I couldn't find the favicon holder). I then went into about:config, and set the favicon to True( I usually have it at False{off}). Still missing. All that got me was a bunch of favicons I don't want.
Then I posted.

Believe it or not, I am trying to help you with this which makes your unwillingness to cooperate all the more puzzling.

In spite of all of this, I am trying to see where you say you tested things in safe mode or using a brand new profile or am I missing that? Troubleshooting by testing in safe mode or with a new profile are not "my protocols." They are two fundamental troubleshooting steps for Nightly and all the way to Firefox. (See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox if you do not believe me.)

So, the ball is in your court. Do you or do you not want help with your situation?

I PM'd your PM, so drop it, and get on with more important things.
Mark342

Post by Mark342 »

Watabou wrote:Nightly is using an awful lot of ram even with the same tabs open and the same extensions. I have 21 tabs open right now which was the same as yesterday but yesterday's build used around 700-800 MB ram but today's Nightly is using a whopping 1.40 GB of ram!

about:memory is the #1 resource you should consult if you are curious about firefox's memory usage or want to see exactly what is causing the high memory usage.
Addon authors have used it to identify memory leaks in their addons before.

Type about:memory in your address bar and press enter to get to it.
You will see a detailed breakdown of memory usage.
You can hover over areas to get an explanation of what it measures.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Mark342 wrote:
Watabou wrote:Nightly is using an awful lot of ram even with the same tabs open and the same extensions. I have 21 tabs open right now which was the same as yesterday but yesterday's build used around 700-800 MB ram but today's Nightly is using a whopping 1.40 GB of ram!

about:memory is the #1 resource you should consult if you are curious about firefox's memory usage or want to see exactly what is causing the high memory usage.

And tomorrow you may get another surprise. Thats the way it is on the "bleeding edge" If you want stability use a stable release build ! :D
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Hanki

Post by Hanki »

couldabeen wrote:I PM'd your PM, so drop it, and get on with more important things.
AFAICS you didnt say you had tried a New Profile either.
supergirl260

Post by supergirl260 »

anyone have truble with passwords not filling in on gaiaonline.com
MrX1980

Post by MrX1980 »

Sadly it is still not implemented/fixed since over a year:

Bug 594681 - fullscreen mode: no access to the bookmarks possible
MainPC: ASRock X99M Extreme4; i7-5820K; 4x4GB DDR4-2400; Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 Ti OC; 950 Pro 512 GB
TestPC: Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro; Athlon 64 Venice 3200+; 2x 1GB MDT DDR-400; Club3D HD4670 AGP
Notebook: ASUS K53SV; i5-2410M/HD3000; GeForce 540M 2GB; 2x4GB DDR3-1866: 850 EVO 500 GB
Watabou

Post by Watabou »

JayhawksRock wrote:
Mark342 wrote:

And tomorrow you may get another surprise. Thats the way it is on the "bleeding edge" If you want stability use a stable release build ! :D

Yep, I find Nightly is stable enough for my use. :)

I don't think I ever had Nightly crash on me except once on 9.0 where I purposely loaded a website known to cause huge lag. It was a bug or something listed on bugzilla and I decided to try it out. :oops:
The only problem is the ram. I know it might be only a temporary issue though so I'm not too worried.

And thanks Mark, about memory is incredibly useful. I didn't know about it.
BruceAWittmeier

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
WildcatRay

Re: The Official Win32 20111003 builds are out

Post by WildcatRay »

Please wait...
Ray