About:Snappy

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: About:Snappy

Post by malliz »

The only reason for keeping a lot of history is because your too lazy to bookmark things
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
avixaqo

Post by avixaqo »

malliz wrote:The only reason for keeping a lot of history is because your too lazy to bookmark things

On every page I ever visit: "Let me just bookmark this page. It might be useful in the future."
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

malliz wrote:The only reason for keeping a lot of history is because your too lazy to bookmark things

I beg to differ,it's not like one can bookmark each and every page that may be even remotely useful in the future,eventually ending up with a sqlite database even more crowded that it could ever be by keeping huge amounts of history stored.
Following this line of reasoning,history should be erased at the end of every session or every 24 hours,which undoubtedly you can do if you fancy it.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

What value would this page have one year from now, if it even exists.....I've tried opening history items one month old that don't exist or the link is good but the content has changed ! Each to his own I guess :D
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
Grantius

Post by Grantius »

JayhawksRock wrote:What value would this page have one year from now, if it even exists.....I've tried opening history items one month old that don't exist or the link is good but the content has changed ! Each to his own I guess :D

I set my history to never delete.

Sometime, I go hmmm what was that website that had that information about memory on it that I looked at 2 years ago? type memory and its right there!
Micro gaming box: AMD A10-7800 APU, 8gb RAM M350 ITX case (size of a book), Windows 10/Ubuntu
Tablet/Laptop: Asus Transformer T100, Intel Atom 2GB RAM, Windows 10 x86
Mobile:Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

Well according to the recent school of thought,that information doesn't really belong on your own computer but somewhere in the "cloud",where some organization will keep it for you,incidentally along with all the other data that they can gather from you ;).
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Drumbrake wrote:which undoubtedly you can do if you fancy it.

I do clear history on shutdown. But then I am disciplined and focused when researching
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

The Windows Media Foundation bugs just lit up. Looks like implementation is coming soon.
Zlip792

Post by Zlip792 »

Omega X wrote:The Windows Media Foundation bugs just lit up. Looks like implementation is coming soon.

Care to post bug number as well?? :mrgreen:
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

Zlip792 wrote:Care to post bug number as well?? :mrgreen:

Meta bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=799318
bug with patch activity: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=815748
avixaqo

Post by avixaqo »

Omega X wrote:The Windows Media Foundation bugs just lit up. Looks like implementation is coming soon.

Not completely related to this thread but YAY!
Can't wait to get rid of Flash.
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

It does skirt the line, but I didn't want to create a thread specifically for that. Support for WMF means access to the codecs and systems including hardware acceleration.
Ver Greeneyes

Post by Ver Greeneyes »

This seems like it could be an important perceptual improvement: Smarter Network Page Load for Firefox (due to be in tomorrow's Nightly).
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

OMTID (Off-Main-Thread Image Decoding) work seems to be starting up.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=716140#c17
iwod

Post by iwod »

Omega X wrote:OMTID (Off-Main-Thread Image Decoding) work seems to be starting up.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=716140#c17

OMTCompilation
OMTComposition
OMTImage Decoding

Do all OMTx block SuperSnappy?

And are there any more OMTx series bug?