Australis Discussion

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Aris

Re: Australis Discussion

Post by Aris »

It could be done with an add-on. It is not out yet.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Aris wrote:It could be done with an add-on. It is not out yet.

Aris, you're a miracle worker! Your upcoming add-on may be what keeps me from jumping ship to another browser (SeaMonkey) in the near future. I currently enjoy your Classic Toolbar Buttons extension for FX, TB and SM. Thanks for rescuing the browser I've come to love! The devs will keep you very busy! =D>
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
Aris

Post by Aris »

I hope all changes will still work when Australis becomes 'final' one day. Mozilla likes to break and change very much. ;-)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

I don't think even 'Skyfall' or 'Quantum of Solace' had this many trailers prior to release. :-k
Last edited by Frank Lion on August 15th, 2013, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Can the Add-on bar be reinstated with an extension?
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
Aris

Post by Aris »

Unfortunately not. Available toolbars are hardcoded and new ones are ignored by Firefox, if you try to rebuild them the way the are on current releases.
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

That's too bad,the addon bar really is for some users a must have-your addon will be an huge step in making Australis less intolerable for sure,the come back of the addon bar will basically cancel out the damage...

I'm not saying you should make this happen,I'd just want to know how unfeasible would be in your opinion to find a workaround for this.
SaphirJD

Post by SaphirJD »

http://infinite-josiah.blogspot.co.at/2 ... 6751830230

Now we are at a point where Mozilla Guys do not even try anymore to deny 100% that they try to create a "Mozilla Chrome"

Also that comment of that guy was quite arrogant...

"And I totally understand that. Mozilla Chrome isn't really the right term, since we will always be more customizable and free than Chrome is, but I respect your choice. Plus, Cyberfox is based on Firefox, and it's only because we are so open that this can happen."

"Simply making everything an about:config preference isn't actually that
helpful, since we still must support that preference. This would leave
us with hundreds of things to test, which makes everything much harder. So
you see, just because a small percentage of our users want these little
details, doesn't mean we can make it happen. As much as we would LOVE to
make everyone happy, it unfortunately isn't a reality."

Means that Power or Advanced Users are not having any priority anymore!
Zlip792

Post by Zlip792 »

SaphirJD wrote:http://infinite-josiah.blogspot.co.at/2013/07/the-state-of-thunderbird-team-and.html?showComment=1376751830230

Now we are at a point where Mozilla Guys do not even try anymore to deny 100% that they try to create a "Mozilla Chrome"

Also that comment of that guy was quite arrogant...

"And I totally understand that. Mozilla Chrome isn't really the right term, since we will always be more customizable and free than Chrome is, but I respect your choice. Plus, Cyberfox is based on Firefox, and it's only because we are so open that this can happen."

"Simply making everything an about:config preference isn't actually that
helpful, since we still must support that preference. This would leave
us with hundreds of things to test, which makes everything much harder. So
you see, just because a small percentage of our users want these little
details, doesn't mean we can make it happen. As much as we would LOVE to
make everyone happy, it unfortunately isn't a reality."

Means that Power or Advanced Users are not having any priority anymore!

The way Australis is getting delayed each release frame, I think this UI does not seems to be good replacement for long term. They now really start to go out of the box and innovate.
MINIDOU

Post by MINIDOU »

SaphirJD wrote:Also that comment of that guy was quite arrogant...

HOW is that arrogant?

and this isn't?
Very nice argumentation to turn Firefox into "Mozilla Chrome" - I will not support such a restricted Firefox which turns away from its more advanced Users

Palemoon/Cyberfox or Midori is the way for me to go!
Srap

Post by Srap »

I have to wonder where the hell did he got that "our user base is growing rapidly". Pretty much every browser usage stat site shows either stagnation or decline.
Sorry for my bad English. Even if there wasn't a mistake.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

This has probably been mentioned before. What is the difference between this thread and the UX thread? Aren't they really one in the same?
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6600 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Good point. Locking in favor of the UX thread. Continue here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2724689
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."