MozillaZine

The Official Win32 20121005 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Arjen87
 
Posts: 961
Joined: March 28th, 2012, 10:46 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post Posted October 4th, 2012, 8:25 am

Previous Nightly Builds thread 20121004 | A couple of notes about the Nightly thread. | Nightly Build thread RSS feed (courtesy DaCypher)

The Official Win32 20121005 NIGHTLY build is out. Changeset: fd724f194a1f
The Official Win32 20121005 AURORA build is out. Changeset: 97d5b2b09fb8
.The Official Firefox 16 BETA 7 build 1 builds are not yet out Changeset: a26a5447eaf9


Previous NIGHTLY 20121004 (FF18.0a1)
Previous AURORA 20121004 (FF17.0a2)
Previous BETA 20121002 (FF16.0b6)

Hourly NIGHTLY builds: mozilla-central-linux | mozilla-central-macosx | mozilla-central-win32 | Firefox Tinderbox | NIGHTLY Changelog
Hourly NIGHTLY archive for Windows, Mac and Linux (not the final format yet)
AURORA Tinderbox | AURORA changelog

Last update: 2012-10-05 -- 00:00 PDT = 07:00 UTC

Fixed:
    NIGHTLY
  1. #566370 [Core:ImageLib]-Cleanup imageLib [Mac]
  2. #594935 [Core:Style System (CSS)]-support calc() on gradient stop positions [All]
  3. #729512 [Core:WebRTC: Networking]-Implement DataChannel protocol on top of libsctp [All]
  4. #733002 [Core:WebRTC: Networking]-Implement DOM layer for WebRTC dataChannels [All]
  5. #765750 [Firefox:General]-Remove Yandex default search engine data from aboutHome.js [All]
  6. #774963 [Firefox:Private Browsing]-Move the removeDataFromDomain API into its own service [Mac]
  7. #779054 [Firefox:SocialAPI]-SocialAPI sidebar is added to chromehidden=[menubar,toolbar,directories] window on session restore [All]
  8. #786108 [Core:SVG]-Large SVG files encoded as data URIs make firefox use 100% CPU and allocate several GB of memory, if they post CSS errors to the error console [Lin]
  9. #789753 [Core:JavaScript Engine]-IonMonkey: Google's V8 test errors out on "Raytrace" on win64 [Win]
  10. #790505 [Core:Layout]-Use empty transactions for transform changes of (prerendered) frames [All]
  11. #791422 [Core:GFX: Color Management]-Support more flexibility in qcms output format [Mac]
  12. #792220
  13. #792372 [Core:Plug-ins]-crash in mozilla::ipc::AsyncChannel::CloseWithError [Win]
  14. #793390
  15. #795192 [Core:Disability Access APIs]-don't use xpcom table interfaces in atk code [Lin]
  16. #795468 [Core:Disability Access APIs]-minor optimizations to accessible creation [All]
  17. #795571 [Core:ImageLib]-Various nsIChannel consumers are checking for private browsing incorrectly [Lin]
  18. #795745 [Core:JavaScript Engine]-Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s) [@ ComputePrecisionInRange] [Lin]
  19. #795803 [Core:JavaScript Engine]-IonMonkey: Enable ICing of JSNative and PropertyOp getters [All]
  20. #796182 [Core:Graphics: Layers]-fix invalidation on Mac with OMTC [Mac]
  21. #796212 [Core:Style System (CSS)]-Add pref to toggle flexbox support [All]
  22. #797230 [Firefox:Theme]-Fix sizing of "Switch-to-tab" icon in HiDPI mode [Mac]
  23. #797495 [Core:JavaScript Engine]-Crash [@ js::frontend::Parser::setStrictMode] [Lin]
  24. #797583 [Core:XPConnect]-Assertion fails when getting Components via proto chain [Mac]
  25. #797612 [Core:Graphics]-Remove PathCG::mFigureActive [Mac]
  26. #797667 [Firefox:SocialAPI]-Add back the SocialToolbar.button getter [All]
  27. #797909 [Core:DOM: Core & HTML]-Docshell sandbox flags should apply to initial about:blank [All]
    AURORA
  1. #785734
  2. #790879
  3. #791905
    BETA
    None

Partial Landings/WIPs/Incoming:
    NIGHTLY
  1. #655877 [Core:SVG]-SVG text should use CSS text frames to gain support for various text layout features [All]
  2. #750019 [Core:JavaScript Engine]-crash in nsIDOMHTMLDocument_Write [Win]
  3. #779611 [Core:Canvas: WebGL]-Paris bindings for the remaining WebGL interfaces [All]
  4. #792581 [Core:XPCOM]-Remove LL_MUL, LL_Zero() and similar 64-bit helpers [All]
    AURORA
    None
    BETA
    None

Regressions/Annoying/Common bugs:
  1. #787743 [Core:Networking: HTTP]-Private Browsing mode not working in Firefox 15.0 [All]

Nightly 18.0a1 fixes since 20110322 (mozilla 2.2) = ~9938
Aurora 17.0a2 fixes since 20110322 (mozilla 2.2) = ~9198
Beta 16.0b fixes since 20110322 (mozilla 2.2) = ~8308

Release tracking Firefox 16-19 see HERE
Last edited by Arjen87 on October 5th, 2012, 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Intel Core i7 620M | 8 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M | 1 GB GDDR5

Alice0775

User avatar
 
Posts: 2403
Joined: October 26th, 2007, 11:25 pm
Location: OSAKA

Post Posted October 4th, 2012, 9:02 am

@pal-moz : yesterdays post viewtopic.php?p=12344615#p12344615

I've filed.
[*]#797888 [Core:Layout: View Rendering]-Ghost elements are drawn behind the dimmed incompatible add-ons. [Win]

And this seems to be fixed by [*]#797797 [Core:Layout]-small translucent spans with text not visible [Win]
Mozilla products are unreliable!!!!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Stop rapid release without automated test!
Now, Firefox lacks reliability. Storm of regression bugs. Let's switch to Chrome.

kolubinowicki
 
Posts: 61
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 12:29 am

Post Posted October 4th, 2012, 10:03 am

Hera wrote: Yesterday post viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2563643

Guys possibly due to DLBI, Adobe Flash video just renders 100% async from the page. I mean this has always been this way - flash is rendered kinda on top of the page and after the page is scrolled the flash element updates its location. Sure it gets offset by 5-25 pixels from it bounding box.
Now it feels like flash is on rubber bands - it tries to keep up with scrolling WAY slower - I mean Flash can get offset by 400 pixels from where it is supposed to be rendendered.

Is there a bug for making Flash draw synched with Firefox ?

Bug 626245 Plugins bounce up and down when being scrolled ?

Lotusgg
 
Posts: 18
Joined: October 4th, 2012, 9:51 am

Post Posted October 4th, 2012, 10:14 am

Firefox nightly elm build crashing upon start on metro app mode.
how to fix?
tried everything.
im on windows 8 rtm

kilara1988

User avatar
 
Posts: 362
Joined: July 1st, 2011, 2:57 am

Post Posted October 4th, 2012, 10:24 am

There is a new version of Forecastfox(not yet on AMO) which is working with latest nightly.But i noticed that when i have Forecastfox enabled my FPS in Fishbowl test drops from about 50FPS at 750 fish to about 20-23FPS at 750 fish.Disabling the addon fixes the issue.

TheVisitor
 
Posts: 3908
Joined: May 13th, 2012, 10:43 am

Post Posted October 4th, 2012, 10:45 am

Lotusgg wrote:Firefox nightly elm build crashing upon start on metro app mode.
how to fix?
tried everything.
im on windows 8 rtm


I think I saw on post on IRC where someone else was crashing and a remark was made that you have Win8 rtm or later...

<madhava> bbondy: I'm getting a "Firefox.exe - Entry Point Not Found" error on win8 with the nightly
<madhava> "The procedure entry point RoCaptureErrorContext could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Nightly\vccorlib110.DLL."
<madhava> that's when I try to launch from the classic desktop
-->| omeringen (quassel@D70D7F2D.3EA0F362.9CD63BA8.IP) has joined #fx-team
<bbondy> madhava: join #windev to discuss
<madhava> doesn't seem to start at all from the metro deskotp
<madhava> OK!

<bbondy> re if anyone else gets that, you need to use win8 rtm or later

TheVisitor
 
Posts: 3908
Joined: May 13th, 2012, 10:43 am

Post Posted October 4th, 2012, 10:48 am

kilara1988 wrote:There is a new version of Forecastfox(not yet on AMO) which is working with latest nightly.But i noticed that when i have Forecastfox enabled my FPS in Fishbowl test drops from about 50FPS at 750 fish to about 20-23FPS at 750 fish.Disabling the addon fixes the issue.


Now if only the radar would update rather than restarting the browser or opening a new window.

Lotusgg
 
Posts: 18
Joined: October 4th, 2012, 9:51 am

Post Posted October 4th, 2012, 11:35 am

TheVisitor wrote:
Lotusgg wrote:Firefox nightly elm build crashing upon start on metro app mode.
how to fix?
tried everything.
im on windows 8 rtm


I think I saw on post on IRC where someone else was crashing and a remark was made that you have Win8 rtm or later...

<madhava> bbondy: I'm getting a "Firefox.exe - Entry Point Not Found" error on win8 with the nightly
<madhava> "The procedure entry point RoCaptureErrorContext could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Nightly\vccorlib110.DLL."
<madhava> that's when I try to launch from the classic desktop
-->| omeringen (quassel@D70D7F2D.3EA0F362.9CD63BA8.IP) has joined #fx-team
<bbondy> madhava: join #windev to discuss
<madhava> doesn't seem to start at all from the metro deskotp
<madhava> OK!

<bbondy> re if anyone else gets that, you need to use win8 rtm or later


Yes, windows 8 RTM enterprise original.
But i got no error message, it just go back to start screen, and keep crashing when i go back.
And desktop version works normally

Briscoe
 
Posts: 219
Joined: June 14th, 2012, 11:53 am

Post Posted October 4th, 2012, 12:46 pm

kilara1988 wrote:There is a new version of Forecastfox(not yet on AMO) which is working with latest nightly.But i noticed that when i have Forecastfox enabled my FPS in Fishbowl test drops from about 50FPS at 750 fish to about 20-23FPS at 750 fish.Disabling the addon fixes the issue.

Where does one find this magical version?

Zlip792

User avatar
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: May 7th, 2011, 1:47 pm
Location: Pakistan

Post Posted October 4th, 2012, 12:52 pm

Briscoe wrote:
kilara1988 wrote:There is a new version of Forecastfox(not yet on AMO) which is working with latest nightly.But i noticed that when i have Forecastfox enabled my FPS in Fishbowl test drops from about 50FPS at 750 fish to about 20-23FPS at 750 fish.Disabling the addon fixes the issue.

Where does one find this magical version?

Here: viewtopic.php?p=12344465#p12344465

Briscoe
 
Posts: 219
Joined: June 14th, 2012, 11:53 am

Post Posted October 4th, 2012, 4:06 pm

Thanks Zlip

_Alexander

User avatar
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: April 1st, 2010, 2:24 pm
Location: Your augmented reality

Post Posted October 4th, 2012, 5:18 pm

kolubinowicki wrote:
Hera wrote: Yesterday post viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2563643

Guys possibly due to DLBI, Adobe Flash video just renders 100% async from the page. I mean this has always been this way - flash is rendered kinda on top of the page and after the page is scrolled the flash element updates its location. Sure it gets offset by 5-25 pixels from it bounding box.
Now it feels like flash is on rubber bands - it tries to keep up with scrolling WAY slower - I mean Flash can get offset by 400 pixels from where it is supposed to be rendendered.

Is there a bug for making Flash draw synched with Firefox ?

Bug 626245 Plugins bounce up and down when being scrolled ?

Thanks.
http://magneticpudding.com/ <- My Blog
i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz / NV 660 / 32GB DDR3 / 1080p LCD / SSD (120 + 180) / W8 ||| Atom N270 / NV ION / 3GB DDR3 / SSD / 1366x768 / W8

Zlip792

User avatar
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: May 7th, 2011, 1:47 pm
Location: Pakistan

Post Posted October 5th, 2012, 12:59 am

Alice work for you:
Peacekeeper v2 "WebM" codec test is failing..
I think it is due to recent DASH (WebM) initial code drop... So you have to file a bug and find regression range..

juzz
 
Posts: 16
Joined: December 30th, 2006, 2:36 am

Post Posted October 5th, 2012, 3:11 am

Looks like random crashing bug that was plaguing me last week or so was fixed with yesterdays build. Probably #797632 so just a workaround until real issue is fixed.

Not a single crash after update so far.

Arjen87
 
Posts: 961
Joined: March 28th, 2012, 10:46 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post Posted October 5th, 2012, 8:15 am

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Intel Core i7 620M | 8 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M | 1 GB GDDR5

Return to Firefox Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests