The Official Win32 20050502 [Trunk] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

Ria wrote:I believe you :) but the accompanying message is wrong ?

The error message is correct because it is not well formed for an install rdf. Regarding the file name the EM code extracts the install rdf to a unique temp file in order to get around Firefox caching the install rdf in order to always get up to date data and then it reads it. This is why it showed as a different name each time.
Last edited by Robert S. on May 2nd, 2005, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

ShareBird wrote:At this moment they are working on EM, do you mean guys it could be helpfull to file a bug on it???.

File it even if no one is working on the code. :)
0live

Re: FF crashes each time I want to download a file

Post by 0live »

bpboutteau wrote:Since some weeks FF crashes each time I want to download a file. That started with FF1.0.3 and continues with nightlies!
If U have any ideas?

And I was looking for a search option in bookmarks manager but didn't find one? If right this could be a very usefull feature.

Thanks for your help.

PS : OS Win XP SP2

No idea why it crashes, you got Talkback Ids?
(I'm assuming you uninstalled 1.0.3 before installing nightlies)

You might be interested in <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206012">Enhanced Bookmark Search</a>
Last edited by 0live on May 2nd, 2005, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linux i686 (ubuntu-gutsy) | Minefield (20081118020400) | Tb 2.0.0.17pre (2008092517) w/ Lightning
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

At this moment they are working on EM, do you mean guys it could be helpfull to file a bug on it???

ya just file the bug as an enhancement and attach that code. would be helpful as a patch or .diff file, whatever is applicable for that code. also add keyword 'have patch'
Last edited by supernova_00 on May 2nd, 2005, 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Soothsayer wrote:Before I log this, can anyone else confirm that the "-profile" command line option does not appear to work anymore (I sometimes use a batch file to launch Firefox from a removable device)

It works okay in the previous build I was using from 22nd April, but not on the Beast build I got a couple of hours ago.

I suspect this may be caused by the checkins for to either bug 291033, or bug 74085.

[EDIT]
Further to the above, I have done some more testing has established that:
* If I run my batch file as usual, Firefox briefly appears in the task list and then disappears.
* If I rename my mobile profile directory that the batch file points to and run it, I get an error stating "Firefox is alredy running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must restart Firefox."
* If my normal Firefox is open and I run the batch file, it opens a new window using the local profile, not the mobile one.

I can confirm this with the parameter -profile, but works fine with -p.

Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

I never knew -profile worked but I know -p and -ProfileManager work

<a href="http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html">Mozilla's Command Line Options</a>
Ria

Post by Ria »

wig_out_on_me wrote:
Ria wrote:I believe you :) but the accompanying message is wrong ?

The error message is correct because it is not well formed for an install rdf. Regarding the file name the EM code extracts the install rdf to a unique temp file in order to get around Firefox caching the install rdf in order to always get up to date data and then it reads it. This is why it showed as a different name each time.

I meant the accompanying message on bugzilla.
Oh well, at least this mystery is solved.
gandalfmuaddib

Post by gandalfmuaddib »

wig_out_on_me wrote:I never knew -profile worked but I know -p and -ProfileManager work

<a href="http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html">Mozilla's Command Line Options</a>

It does: <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/Command_line_arguments">Command Line Arguments</a>. Or at least it used to...
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060812 BonEcho/2.0b1
Soothsayer

Post by Soothsayer »

Sorry, I should have been a bit more specific about the command line parameter.

To launch Firefox with a specific profile (e.g. on a removable device), I normally use the command line "start \Firefox\Firefox.exe -profile \FFProfile" from within a batch file on the removable device. The "\FFProfile" on the command line is the path to the profile I want to use.

I have logged this as bug 292618.
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

This thread is closed, please use the next one
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)