UX branch discussion

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
patrickjdempsey

Re: UX branch discussion

Post by patrickjdempsey »

nglayout.enable_drag_images:false but be aware that it will also disable other drag images (not that that is commonly used).
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

^ Thanks I'm not really concerned about other drag images. I don't use them now, and as far as I know, I never did.

I don't know why it has taken me so long to find this! Darned preference has been around since 2006 it seems. So I guess I didn't use a drag that included images before the other evening.
Last edited by couldabeen on November 27th, 2012, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Your Mind, And Your A$$ Will Follow - Funkadelic, 1970
Mentycz

Post by Mentycz »

Thanks, I have disabled it too, square "previews" looks with curved tabs so bad, so thx.

I hope the "animation" will be smoother; in Aurora 8, which has animated tabs with very nice animation was the animation extremly smooth and fast.
WattsvilleBlues
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by WattsvilleBlues »

I had read that Firefox 19 would include further theme changes from Australis, but there's no change on the Aurora channel. I take it the theme update has been delayed?
I think they're more interested in my epididymis
MINIDOU

Post by MINIDOU »

WattsvilleBlues wrote:I had read that Firefox 19 would include further theme changes from Australis, but there's no change on the Aurora channel. I take it the theme update has been delayed?

well the new download panel has been re enabled, maybe australis will come progressively with updates
WattsvilleBlues

[quote="MINIDOU"well the new download panel has been re enabled, maybe australis will come progressively with updates[/quote]
Ah, it's not showing up for me. What's the about:config setting for the download panel?
Joker1337

Post by Joker1337 »

browser.download.useToolkitUI set to False...
WattsvilleBlues

Hmm, already set to false and I still just get the separate download window...
SLK350

Post by SLK350 »

WattsvilleBlues wrote:Hmm, already set to false and I still just get the separate download window...

If you use All-in-one sidebar disable it. I had the same problem as you until I disabled it.
Corsair Obsidian 500D * AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X * ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E GAMING * G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 Flare X * Samsung 970 Pro 1TB * Fractal Design Celsius S36 360mm * Benq BL3201PT * ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB DUAL OC * Creative Soundblaster X7 * Windows 10 Pro x64 Insider
WattsvilleBlues

Nope, though it could be another extension I have installed. I'll not worry too much, thanks for the help guys.
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

patrickjdempsey wrote:nglayout.enable_drag_images:false but be aware that it will also disable other drag images (not that that is commonly used).

FWIW, this preference appears to 'reset' itself to TRUE with UX updates. I checked Aurora and Nightly and they are still at 'false'.
Free Your Mind, And Your A$$ Will Follow - Funkadelic, 1970
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

I haven't tested mine, but it sounds like your UX profile may be fried couldabeen.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
juanj78

Post by juanj78 »

Finally Curved tabs on OsX :-)

Now waiting for Tabs in titlebar.. but looks good..
Watabou

Post by Watabou »

Great, finally on OS X!

It looks pretty ugly to be honest right now but maybe, it will look better in time, especially when they decide to draw the tabs in the title bar.

I checked about:config for "draw in title bar" and I turned it to true but I don't think that option does anything on the Mac.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Maximize the window and see if it does it. Thats the only way it works in Win XP.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln