The Official Win32 20050503 [Trunk] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Thanks!!!
Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
Soothsayer

Post by Soothsayer »

Could someone test and confirm bug 292618 for me please?

The "-profile \filepath" command line option no longer works making it impossible to specify a startup profile (e.g. on removable media)
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

from yesterday:
Peter(6) wrote:the new stuff
on the plus side
- SVG???
- far better memory usage (still not "perfect" though)

on the minus side

Actually, Memory leak? bugs are up overall, oddly enough. Though it should be noted that some pretty bad ones HAVE been fixed.
Ria

Post by Ria »

Soothsayer wrote:Could someone test and confirm bug 292618 for me please?

The "-profile \filepath" command line option no longer works making it impossible to specify a startup profile (e.g. on removable media)

I can run Firefox with this command; do you mean that?:
"E:\Moz\firefox\firefox.exe" -profile "E:\Moz\Profile"

When there are spaces in the locations (e.g. Documents and Settings, My Documents) I get errors, untitled and wrong pages.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

also from yesterday:

supernova_00 wrote:
At this moment they are working on EM, do you mean guys it could be helpfull to file a bug on it???

ya just file the bug as an enhancement and attach that code. would be helpful as a patch or .diff file, whatever is applicable for that code. also add keyword 'have patch'

I'm not too good at bugzilla searching. Anybody know a way to search for "have patch" code and still open bugs? Thanks.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

A third one from yesterday:

gandalfmuaddib wrote:
wig_out_on_me wrote:I never knew -profile worked but I know -p and -ProfileManager work

<a href="http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html">Mozilla's Command Line Options</a>

It does: <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/Command_line_arguments">Command Line Arguments</a>. Or at least it used to...

Why are these two documents not combined? It just seems confusing.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

sasquatch wrote:Why are these two documents not combined? It just seems confusing.

Because there are a lot of grand ideas and few to actually do the work and maintain it afterwards.
BoxerBoi76

Opening Page Info multiple times?!?

Post by BoxerBoi76 »

I thought there was a patch that was supposed to make it so you couldn't open "Page Info" or "Page Source" multiple times. Wasn't that applied?

BoxerBoi76
Peter(6)

Re: Opening Page Info multiple times?!?

Post by Peter(6) »

BoxerBoi76 wrote:I thought there was a patch that was supposed to make it so you couldn't open "Page Info" or "Page Source" multiple times. Wasn't that applied?

BoxerBoi76
Yep, but it was reopened because it didn't cover all the accesspoints for Page Info
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
Ria

Post by Ria »

sasquatch wrote:A third one from yesterday:

gandalfmuaddib wrote:
wig_out_on_me wrote:I never knew -profile worked but I know -p and -ProfileManager work

<a href="http://www.mozilla.org/docs/command-line-args.html">Mozilla's Command Line Options</a>

It does: <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/Command_line_arguments">Command Line Arguments</a>. Or at least it used to...

Why are these two documents not combined? It just seems confusing.

Out of cureosity I started some old builds:
Before June 2004 when the profile was still called Firefox the command "C:\Firefox\firefox.exe" -profile started Firefox, not the profile manager.
Later than June 2004 when the Firefox profile was inside the Mozilla folder, the command -profile only worked when it was followed by the location of the profile: -profile "C:\Profile".
Old KOLE89

Post by Old KOLE89 »

Ria wrote:
Soothsayer wrote:Could someone test and confirm bug 292618 for me please?

I can run Firefox with this command; do you mean that?:
"E:\Moz\firefox\firefox.exe" -profile "E:\Moz\Profile"

When there are spaces in the locations (e.g. Documents and Settings, My Documents) I get errors, untitled and wrong pages.

For "Documents and Settings" use "Docume~1" and for "My Documents" use "mydocu~1" etc. (first 6 letters of folder name + "~1" or if you have another folder with same first 6 letters in name use "~1" OR "~2").
Soothsayer

Post by Soothsayer »

I found the problem I was having with the -profile option.

The problem was in the "compreg.dat" file in the profile I was using - Once I deleted this and relaunched Firefox from my batch file it worked fine and the file was recreated automatically.

It would seem to have been caused by bug 280199.
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

With Today's build I decided to 'Nuke' my profile and start again. I cannot get any extension to come out of the 'Will install next restart' ...

I thought that part was fixed?

What am I missing?
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

That is a bug in the display of the state and is part of the patch in <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=292506">bug 292506</a>
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

I don't think people are testing them properly. I've had the same issues with the nightlies since a few builds ago. It seems that the xpis are in limbo in the profile directory under extensions/staged-xpis and won't come out of it. Although a directory for the Extension's GUID gets created.

If you copy the .XPI archive from the extensions/staged-xpis/{GUID} to the /extensions dir and then restart firefox, a window will pop-up asking if you wish to install these things found in the extensions directory. If you click "Install Now" both the XPIs (in extension\ and extension\staged-xpis) disappear and the extension is installed into the empty {GUID} directory and works right then.

That's what i've been facing with new profiles. It seems a lot of people only check profiles on updating but not reinstalling.
btw, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050502 Firefox/1.0+ is what I am using and have seen this issue for maybe 5 days or so?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210