Post extensions that work with Deer Park/Firefox 1.5 HERE

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
randiroo76073

Post by randiroo76073 »

Yes that would seem to be the case, but when I start Deer Park[with 1.0.4 already open] it brings up a clone window of 1.0.4 that is 6+ times faster at rendering pgs than 1.0.4 plus I have all my extensions available. So the question is whats running on top of what?
Randy
98se/USP2/Firefox/Maxthon
AVG/Spybot S&D/Ad-Aware/SpywareBlaster/ZoneAlarm

ASUS A7V400-MX mATX, Sempron 2400+, 512 Kingston DDR 2700, onboard Video, Sound, NIC

Some ask Y, I say Ynot!
Raila

Post by Raila »

gssq wrote:How does one repackage extensions with valid GUIDs? I can get around the versioning problems by editing about:config, but some extensions refuse to install because the GUIDs are screwy...

Please elaborate on this?
i5 2500 running Win 7
Vanilla Fx (for now)
Extensions-TabMixPlus, IETab2, FireGestures, Stylish, AdblockPlus 2, ColorfulTabs
Ria

Post by Ria »

randiroo76073 wrote:Yes that would seem to be the case, but when I start Deer Park[with 1.0.4 already open] it brings up a clone window of 1.0.4 that is 6+ times faster at rendering pgs than 1.0.4 plus I have all my extensions available. So the question is whats running on top of what?

Are you sure it isn't just another 1.0.4 window? Normally you can't run twice the same profile at the same time.
randiroo76073

Post by randiroo76073 »

I'm not sure of anything, I'm just trying to explain what is happening on my puter, for more info see my post this forum "Deer Park weird problem"
Randy
98se/USP2/Firefox/Maxthon
AVG/Spybot S&D/Ad-Aware/SpywareBlaster/ZoneAlarm

ASUS A7V400-MX mATX, Sempron 2400+, 512 Kingston DDR 2700, onboard Video, Sound, NIC

Some ask Y, I say Ynot!
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

I've managed to bump a lot of my extensions and picked up a couple here which all work fine, but has anyone managed a hack for Titlebar Tweaks? I tried bumping and installing it and in the process nearly blew one of my profiles up!
Cheers,
Keith
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

On the link from the first page of this topic there is a Titlebar Tweaks that works...:

http://www.projects1.com/firefox/exthac ... sions.html

keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Thanks ShareBird but afraid that does nothing for me.

I picked that link up from nearer the end of the thread and tried it. Once installed it bloats my status bar to about 2" deep and freezes my extension manager. Someone else in the thread also said it didn't work for them.
Cheers,
Keith
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

keithy397 wrote:Thanks ShareBird but afraid that does nothing for me.

I picked that link up from nearer the end of the thread and tried it. Once installed it bloats my status bar to about 2" deep and freezes my extension manager. Someone else in the thread also said it didn't work for them.

Did you try with a new profile?? I'm using it without problems...

keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Yep, just tried it on the third profile, same results with each, bloated status bar, EM freezes and the Help menu disappears too. I'm thinking it's either a conflict between extensions or it's the nightly I've been using. I'll download the nightly tomorrow and try installing it again and see if that changes anything, if not I'll have to ferret out the rogue extension!

The maddening thing is, everything else is just great.
Cheers,
Keith
gssq

Post by gssq »

Ralia: See Ria's reply on page 18.

Ria, thanks! Are there any formatting rules for extension GUIDs, btw?
Ria

Post by Ria »

Yep, the Registry format. The internet is full of GUID tools BTW: http://extensions.roachfiend.com/cgi-bin/guid.pl
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

Ria wrote:Yep, the Registry format.

Not compulsory any longer. A unique identifier in the form of an email address will do, too, in Firefox 1.1, as the new version of Launchy (4.0.0) uses one ("launchy@gemal.dk", this closely resembles the namespace concept like it's used in XML for instance). I remember reading about this change for 1.1, but a quick and shallow search didn't turn up results right now, but trust me, it's official and it works.

I'd wish extension authors would change to the plaintext GUIDs as soon as possible, because Windows Registry Format GUIDs are a PITA when it comes to clarity.
Ria

Post by Ria »

Yep, I know.
All extensions with a self-made GUID or human readable name can't be updated. The best is to uninstall them first.
ghingy

Post by ghingy »

I decided to use Deer Park as my main FF. However, there are some extensions that I still cant install, and I was wondering if someone can point me to some instructions on how to bump the maxversion of the extension up. Extensions I am looking at are Diggler and DictionarySearch.

Thanks guys!
The website said IE5 or better. So I installed Firefox.
Ria

Post by Ria »

You can open the downloaded .xpi with a zip program like 7-zip and in the install.rdf change

<em:maxVersion>1.0</em:maxVersion>

to

<em:maxVersion>1.1</em:maxVersion>