Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
ankh

Post by ankh »

>SortBookmarks

I also wish that would work.
OSX ...
Ria

Post by Ria »

ankh wrote:Someone (Sea Turtle?) using OSX reported success with RIP -- I can't get that to install from its home page, it says it won't work above 1.0

Is there a version of RIP for this Deer Park alpha?

Oh, please ...

I once tried RIP and it worked normally (I haven't studied it in depth). I think it will now also work when you open the extension with a zip program like 7-zip and in the install.rdf change

<em:maxVersion>1.0</em:maxVersion>

to

<em:maxVersion>1.1</em:maxVersion>
Ria

Post by Ria »

ankh wrote:>SortBookmarks

OSX ...

For Sort Bookmarks the same with the install.rdf ,and you need also to open the jar file and open browserOverlay.js and sortbookmarks.js in a text editor and replace every

WEB_NS
NC_NS

with

gWEB_NS
gNC_NS
Last edited by Ria on May 31st, 2005, 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Ria wrote:

OSX ...

For Sort Bookmarks the same with the install.rdf ,and you need also to open the jar file and open browserOverlay.js and sortbookmarks.js in a text editor and replace every

XUL_NS
WEB_NS
NC_NS

with

gXUL_NS
gWEB_NS
gNC_NS

Ria, I tried this before but it didn't work!!

ankh

Post by ankh »

I tried
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050530 Firefox/1.0+

Clean --starting with no profile, to force everything new, and tried installing RIP again (the stock 1.0.3) and got the same error.

Using OSX, I tried to open the rip.xpi file with a couple of text editors, no luck. I'm guessing 7-zip is probably a Windows app?

I think I'll wait on the official catching-up process.
cheesypeanut

Post by cheesypeanut »

Another call for greasemonkey please. I will be everso grateful if someone would hack it.
BenneJezzerette

Post by BenneJezzerette »

Update, installed Google Toolbar 0.9 and it works fine wit Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050530 Firefox/1.0+ ID:2005053005
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk
Ria

Post by Ria »

ShareBird wrote:
Ria wrote:

OSX ...

XUL_NS
WEB_NS
NC_NS

with

gXUL_NS
gWEB_NS
gNC_NS

Ria, I tried this before but it didn't work!!

OK I tried it once more and I made a mistake. I once tried it out succesfully so I didn't re-check.
The only thing you need to do is replacing the WEB_NS and NC_NS by gWEB_NS and gNC_NS. So don't touch the browserOverlay.js.
Then install it in 1.0.4. It will also show up in trunk.

I always asked myself why people use this extension. I tried it already a long time ago in 1.0 and the only thing it did was adding an extra option "Sort Bookmarks" in the main menu. But Firefox has already this functionality in the rightclick-menu so I don't really see wat the addition is.
ckjnigel

Post by ckjnigel »

cheesypeanut wrote:Another call for greasemonkey please. I will be everso grateful if someone would hack it.

The 0.34 beta of Greasemonkey works perfectly for me. Earlier versions always gave me the "Wrapped Native" error.
But, I've had to give up on Deer Park because of the TBE / AdBlock conflict. If a hacked TabMix were developed, I'd try again.
Of course, the reason that this problem arises is that so many want extra tab features. So WTH doesn't the browser incorporate these features?
OTOH, it's not hard to see why Greasemonkey and AdBlock must remain in the geekfox underground.
Ria

Post by Ria »

Ria wrote:
mcm_ham wrote:As a result on attempted install firefox will check for an update and will be told that it works with Firefox up to 10.0. Therefore you would need to be connected to the internet to install otherwise it will fail the max version check.

This doesn't work perfectly yet (and I'm glad!) for I see no uitgoing connections while installing. Hm, perhaps I shouldn't tell this for I don't want to wake up sleeping dogs :)

mcm_ham wrote:I would be suprised if its not working reliably because I haven't come across too many people unable to install the official Adblock as its max version number is still stuck at 0.10+ :-k

Here took place a misunderstanding... I thought you were talking about the extension phoning home when I had bumped the maxVersion, just to see whether Mozilla agreed with this. :)
And I never saw that indeed.
cheesypeanut

Post by cheesypeanut »

ckjnigel wrote:The 0.34 beta of Greasemonkey works perfectly for me.

Thank you, got it sorted :D

ckjnigel wrote:But, I've had to give up on Deer Park because of the TBE / AdBlock conflict. If a hacked TabMix were developed, I'd try again.

There is a version of TabMix that is compatible, I'm running it as we speak?!
wisteria

target alert

Post by wisteria »

dgrimm1 > Can you add "target alert" extension to the list?
http://www.bolinfest.com/targetalert/

New version 0.8 has been available, but it does not work correctly on Deer Park.

Thank you.
mathparent

Post by mathparent »

ckjnigel wrote:
cheesypeanut wrote:Another call for greasemonkey please. I will be everso grateful if someone would hack it.

The 0.34 beta of Greasemonkey works perfectly for me.

I can't install GreaseMonkey 0.3. 4 on Deer Park, even with a clean profile.

(http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/changes/0.3.4.html)
(Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050529 Firefox/1.0+)

the extension seems to install in the extensions window, then disapear.

i have these errors (js console):

Item Installed via directory addition to Install Location: app-global Item ID: {972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}, attempting to register...

Item Installed/Upgraded at Install Location: app-global Item ID: {972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}, attempting to register...

... success, item is compatible

RDFItemUpdater:checkForUpdates sending a request to server for: https://addons.mozilla.org/update/Versi ... sion=1&id={e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781}&version=0.3.4&maxAppVersion=1.0&appID={ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}&appVersion=1.0%2B&appOS=WINNT, item = ({id:"{e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781}", version:"0.3.4", installLocationKey:"app-profile", minAppVersion:"0.9", maxAppVersion:"1.0", name:"Greasemonkey", xpiURL:"", iconURL:"", updateRDF:"", type:2})

RDFItemUpdater:_parseV20UpdateInfo: No updates were found for:
{e4a8a97b-f2ed-450b-b12d-ee082ba24781}
If you are an Extension developer and were expecting there to be
updates, this could mean any number of things, since the RDF system
doesn't give up much in the way of information when the load fails.

Try checking that:
1. Your RDF File is correct - e.g. check that there is a top level
RDF Resource with a URI urn:mozilla:extension:{GUID}, and that
the <em:updates> listed all have matching GUIDs.

Error: subject has no properties
Source File: file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Mathieu/Bureau/firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js
Line: 3377

Any idea ?
Ria

Post by Ria »

mathparent - possibly you only need to bump the maxVersion in the install.rdf.
cheesypeanut

Post by cheesypeanut »

Ria wrote:mathparent - possibly you only need to bump the maxVersion in the install.rdf.
Yep, that's all I did.