MozillaZine

Post extensions that work with Deer Park/Firefox 1.5 HERE

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
galapogos

User avatar
 
Posts: 659
Joined: February 22nd, 2003, 1:41 am

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 7:15 am

The 0527 build apparently breaks extensions again. AiO Gestures 0.14.3 and TBP 1.2.5, which both worked on the previous 0526 nightly, now do not work with the 0527 build. They are disabled when I start. How do I re-enable them in 0526? They are grayed out. Thanks!

BenneJezzerette

User avatar
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: November 1st, 2004, 1:47 am
Location: Ghost in the Machine

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 8:14 am

galapogos wrote:The 0527 build apparently breaks extensions again. AiO Gestures 0.14.3 and TBP 1.2.5, which both worked on the previous 0526 nightly, now do not work with the 0527 build. They are disabled when I start. How do I re-enable them in 0526? They are grayed out. Thanks!


I had the same problem, with the Prometheus Builds for the 27th, so installed the 26th trunk, then open your Extension Manager, and highlight the extension that is disabled, right click it, and select enable.
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk

galapogos

User avatar
 
Posts: 659
Joined: February 22nd, 2003, 1:41 am

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 8:23 am

Would a change in MaxVersion improve compatibility of existing extensions with the new DeerPark build?

BenneJezzerette

User avatar
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: November 1st, 2004, 1:47 am
Location: Ghost in the Machine

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 9:08 am

galapogos wrote:Would a change in MaxVersion improve compatibility of existing extensions with the new DeerPark build?


I tried it in the install.rdf, but these extensions don't work in this version
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050527 Firefox/1.0+ ID:2005052705

The following Extensions Break in this Version
Netcrafter 1.0.1
jslib 0.1.290
ForecastFOX 0.7.8
Translate 0.6.0.7
Smiley Xtra 3.1.3
Diggler 0.9

I tried the max version but I think I missed something. Will leave them installed, and look around here for the Fix someone else out out. It's here someplace.
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk

ChefChaudart

User avatar
 
Posts: 522
Joined: March 3rd, 2004, 12:43 pm
Location: Belgium

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 9:18 am

Well all-in-one gesture ( http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=5 ) does not work anymore with latest build.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050527 Firefox/1.0+


:-(
Do not forget Liu Xiaobo

Ria

User avatar
 
Posts: 3550
Joined: March 21st, 2004, 3:25 am
Location: Netherlands

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 9:26 am

ChefChaudart wrote:Well all-in-one gesture ( http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=5 ) does not work anymore with latest build.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050527 Firefox/1.0+


:-(

Works for me, when I set the maxversion to 1.1 in the install.rdf.

Ria

User avatar
 
Posts: 3550
Joined: March 21st, 2004, 3:25 am
Location: Netherlands

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 9:31 am

When you take everything out of the profile, except for the files

# bookmarks.html
# user.js
# prefs.js
# cookies.txt
# history.dat
# hostperm.1
# signons.txt
# key3.db
# localstore.rdf
# folder chrome
# folder extensions

and the maxversions are corrected, the extensions will re-register themselves.

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

User avatar
 
Posts: 564
Joined: April 16th, 2003, 12:45 pm
Location: The ottoman near the fireplace

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 9:39 am

Just got the latest Pacific build, a half dozen extensions were disabled, bumped all their MaxVersions to 1.1+, reinstalled the extensions and everything works like a charm for me now. :)

My list:

AniDisable v1.0
BBCode v0.3.7
chromEdit v0.1.1.1
Download Sort v2.5
Download Statusbar v0.9.2
Go Up v0.9.1
IE View v0.84
Linky v2.6.0-trunk
LiveBookmarkThis 0.2
LiveHTTPHeaders v0.9
Nuke Anything v0.2
Paste and Go v0.4.1
Pithy v0.2
QuickNote v0.6.0.1.
Resizeable Textarea v0.1a
ScrapBook v0.15.1
TBE v1.13.2005-02-24-01
Translation Panel v1.4.13
Update Bookmark v0.0.4
URIid v0.0.8
Web Developer v0.9.3
Wiki-Quick-Find v1.0
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao

ChefChaudart

User avatar
 
Posts: 522
Joined: March 3rd, 2004, 12:43 pm
Location: Belgium

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 9:47 am

Ria wrote:
ChefChaudart wrote:Well all-in-one gesture ( http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=5 ) does not work anymore with latest build.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050527 Firefox/1.0+


:-(

Works for me, when I set the maxversion to 1.1 in the install.rdf.


It's already 1.1
Do not forget Liu Xiaobo

BenneJezzerette

User avatar
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: November 1st, 2004, 1:47 am
Location: Ghost in the Machine

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 9:54 am

Ria wrote:When you take everything out of the profile, except for the files

# bookmarks.html
# user.js
# prefs.js
# cookies.txt
# history.dat
# hostperm.1
# signons.txt
# key3.db
# localstore.rdf
# folder chrome
# folder extensions

and the maxversions are corrected, the extensions will re-register themselves.



did it, only restarted 2 times, the second time everything came back Woohoo!!! Thank you Very much
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk

a;skdjfajf;ak

User avatar
 
Posts: 17002
Joined: July 10th, 2004, 8:44 am

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 9:58 am

ChefChaudart wrote:
Ria wrote:
ChefChaudart wrote:Well all-in-one gesture ( http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=5 ) does not work anymore with latest build.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050527 Firefox/1.0+


:-(

Works for me, when I set the maxversion to 1.1 in the install.rdf.


It's already 1.1


Carefully examine the install.rdf - I had trouble with Statusbarclock and found two (2) different places that had maxVersion defined. Once I got both changed all was OK again.

infiniteedge
 
Posts: 73
Joined: October 19th, 2003, 10:52 am

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 10:43 am

i cant elaborate now, im leaving for the weekend, but the netcraft toolbar gives me really strange fastback problems. the address bar and title bar all fail to update when switching between tabs and opening a new tab fails to clear the address bar. someone please check this out. I will post a more detailed report when I get back on Monday.

manc39
Moderator
 
Posts: 2037
Joined: June 17th, 2004, 8:34 am
Location: Manchester, England

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 10:52 am

Anyone got a working gmail notifier?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060712 BonEcho/2.0b1

Philippe-Pierre

User avatar
 
Posts: 344
Joined: May 28th, 2003, 1:48 pm

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 2:46 pm

Hi
Permit Cookies 0.6 works with 20050527 once the maxversion is set to 1.1
Regards

Philippe-Pierre a.k.a. pierre_h
----
* Dedicated to software which sucks less ... http://suckless.org/

Ria

User avatar
 
Posts: 3550
Joined: March 21st, 2004, 3:25 am
Location: Netherlands

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 11:36 pm

manc39 wrote:Anyone got a working gmail notifier?

GMail Notifier WFM.

Return to Firefox Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests