Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
In Firefox 19 beta1 now the pdf.js is enabled by default, therefore is possible view the pdf files directly in Fx but I have some questions;
1. Which version is embedded in Fx?
2. What is the way for update the reader?
3. What is the difference between embedded and the addon version?
4. What happen if I install the addon version?
Any info is highly appreciated.
Last edited by happysurf on January 16th, 2013, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Internet surfing is a dirty job but someone has to do it.
XP | Windows 7 64 bit | Firefox portable.
Moving to Firefox Builds where pre-release versions are discussed.
...and if I may add a question: Under Options/Applications - Portable Document Format (PDF files) there is an option:
Preview in Nightly
Is there any difference between the two options?
~ I'm only here to Pay it Forward. ~
"I often take a very long windy road to my destination. When I arrive I often wonder how I missed the shortcut".
1. On Nightly, it is usually the latest stable. Not sure if it is updated on the other channels. 7.28 right now, unless I missed a more recent update bug.
3. AFAIK, nothing. (I mean, if the version numbers are the same.)
4. Nothing, unless you install the dev version. Than you will use the dev version.
Sorry for my bad English. Even if there wasn't a mistake.
Confirmed...nothing displays for me, just blank pages. It opens fine with Foxit but it is an odd pdf. Every page is a different width so scrolling thru it does make scrolling a bit Herky Jerky
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." ~ Mark Twain
Firefox 19 : v0.6.141
Firefox 20/21 : v0.7.28
[Desktop] Windows 7 Professional (32bit/SP1) / Geforce GTX 660Ti 2GB (350.12) / 4GB RAM
With 19/XP I'm seeing pretty much the same as JR, sometimes nothing, refresh and a couple of random pages pop up after a while, the wide one very blurry the narrow ones OK. With Sumatra in Fx all pages fire up right away, renders fine, that's one heck of a heart attack menu!
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests