Official 0.7 RELEASE CANDIDATES for Windows and Linux

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Jeff_pony

Post by Jeff_pony »

No pictures in signatures please, Its a rule of the forum.
Please PM the mod team when you see a rule infraction
Life State:: McLovin it
Camino v2.1 (pre)
johnb898989

Post by johnb898989 »

I installed Flash 7 with WIN32 (XP SP1) with no problems - no high CPU.
jodef

Post by jodef »

In layman's terms what's the difference between official and unofficial release candidates?
michaell522

Post by michaell522 »

jodef wrote:In layman's terms what's the difference between official and unofficial release candidates?

The difference is that official ones are built by mozilla.org and unofficial ones aren't.

Exactly what the differences are depends on the build options used by the "unofficial" folks making builds. If an "unofficial" build uses the same compiler and same options as the mozilla.org build, then there won't be any practical difference.
tseelee

Re: Works well for me but did encounter one strange thing ..

Post by tseelee »

AGSHender wrote:Solution: don't install Flash.

I suffered this faux-solution until I opened IE one too many times to watch the rare Flash animation I do want to view. After that, I went through quite a bit of trouble with installing Flash 6 on FB 0.6.1+ until I saw that I had to create a new FB profile. Then I installed the Click to View Flash (?) extension so I won't see any Flash animation unless I want to.

I have now removed the Flash plugin from IE.
Last edited by tseelee on September 28th, 2003, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance. - Socrates as quoted in Lives of Eminent Philosophers
sensemann

Post by sensemann »

R@F wrote:
sensemann wrote:go to Tools - Options.. - Advanced, and try to expand the validation and certificate options. you will see that the first time you try it you'll have to click twice to open it, afterwards it works just fine...

Confirmed. I have seen this on recent nightlies as well. W2K.

yup, me too. I think I've even seen this with Thunderbird if i remember correctly.
wgianopoulos

Re: Official 0.7 RELEASE CANDIDATES for Windows and Linux

Post by wgianopoulos »

bengoodger wrote:Testing ASAP is appreciated.

Works fine for me! Perhaps we could get more people to test if there were a MozilaZine article written as there there was for the two Mozilla Release Candidates. You kind of need to know where to look to find this.
jmccrary

Re: Didn't Fonts/Colors move to Options->General

Post by jmccrary »

yusufg wrote:I've been using nightlies for a while so I've always seen Fonts/Colors in Options->General. In the 0.7 RC, this is in Options->Web Features

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20030925 Firebird/0.7

If you really want to return Fonts/Colors to Options /General you can do the following:

Rename the Chrome directory in FB to something else and copy the Chrome directory from one of the recent nightlies. To change the version number in Help/About you can drill down into Firebird\chrome\en-US.jar\locale\en-US\global\brand.dtd and change it to your liking.
djst

Post by djst »

It has been brought up before but deserves mentioning again: The Fonts & Colors button should be moved to General, as it is placed in the latest nightlies. Please don't force me to change the <a href="http://texturizer.net/firebird/options.html">options window reference</a> again!
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

Some people are so selfish. :-)
R@F

Post by R@F »

hao2lian wrote:Some people are so selfish. :-)

No, no, no. David speaks for every translator! And me!
Mat

Post by Mat »

works fine

just a minor issue: the Google Icon in the search box sometimes switches back to the "Find in this page" Icon, but it still searches with Google
Hellmark

Post by Hellmark »

if lynchknot could get his quicksilver theme working with .7, I'd be in hog heaven.
Radiowriter

Post by Radiowriter »

Hellmark wrote:I'd be in hog heaven.

Last I heard, humans were frowned upon in hog heaven.

My opinion on Fonts and Colors is put them wherever you want. I never touch them and doubt that many others do. However, now that I've mentioned it, I'm certain the minority will surface. :wink:
Sarcasm - Another service I offer.
Firefox 3.0 :: XP
Choda_Boy

Post by Choda_Boy »

Some people are so SHELLFISH...

-- Spongebob Squarepants