middle click is broken for XHTML

put the patch for bug 213250 in 0.7!

someone? anyone? make it so

one liner JS fix
no risk, high benefit *grunt*
kintao

Default icon

Post by kintao »

The default icon for Mozilla Firebird should be changed from the 'fire' icon to either the icon made by Qute's original creator (available <a href="http://quadrone.org/phoenix/#graphics">here</a>) or the one made by Jairo Boudewyn (<a href="http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.asp?library=29&SkinID=1604">here</a>)

Hardly anyone likes the fire icon.
.:kinTao:.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7
In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates? -well it's not the time YET.
Deucalion

Re: Vanishing Scroll bar

Post by Deucalion »

Nevyn wrote:OK this might all be irrelevant as I have just noticed Alfred has released a new version yesterday 10/10/03. Just installed, seemed to go well with no restart necessary am using Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7

Nautilus is my favorite theme, but this version slows everything down for me (WinXP -512 memory Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20030925 Firebird/0.7). Clicking a link or close tab button institutes a noticable delay of about 2-3 seconds before the action is taken. Switching back to the default theme clears the problem.
You can't get here from there
wheerdam

Post by wheerdam »

Deucalion wrote:
Nevyn wrote:Nautilus is my favorite theme, but this version slows everything down for me (WinXP -512 memory Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20030925 Firebird/0.7). Clicking a link or close tab button institutes a noticable delay of about 2-3 seconds before the action is taken. Switching back to the default theme clears the problem.

I can confirm that, it really slows my browser down. I use Pinball currently and I have no problem with it (I usually use Lynchknot's Ximian, but the addressbar's round left end is off if I use the non-XFT version of Fb).
I'm weird, damn
Nevyn

Post by Nevyn »

Deucalion wrote:Nautilus is my favorite theme, but this version slows everything down for me (WinXP -512 memory Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20030925 Firebird/0.7). Clicking a link or close tab button institutes a noticable delay of about 2-3 seconds before the action is taken. Switching back to the default theme clears the problem.

I hadnt thought of testing for the theme being the slow down I had assumed TBE thanks for the tip. Nautilus is probably my favourite theme especially for as it takes up less screen space (smaller tab heights compared to the majority of themes).

Steve
Ronkin

Firebird .7

Post by Ronkin »

Downloaded the .7 and it's working great for me and it has the send page that I've been waiting for. I LLLLLLike It.
:banana:
SuperJeff

Re: Default icon

Post by SuperJeff »

kintao wrote:The default icon for Mozilla Firebird should be changed from the 'fire' icon to either the icon made by Qute's original creator (available <a href="http://quadrone.org/phoenix/#graphics">here</a>) or the one made by Jairo Boudewyn (<a href="http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.asp?library=29&SkinID=1604">here</a>)

I agree that I dont care much for the current icon. More importantly tho, I would like to see the Firebird and Thunderbird icons be more related. If Firebird uses the fire logo, then thunderbird should use the blue fire logo.
Jeff_pony

Post by Jeff_pony »

kintao wrote:..... Jairo Boudewyn (<a href="http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.asp?library=29&SkinID=1604">here</a>)

Im pretty sure its been discussed that this Icon will not scale, least the fire icon does that.....
Please PM the mod team when you see a rule infraction
Life State:: McLovin it
Camino v2.1 (pre)
Mat

Post by Mat »

kintao wrote:The default icon for Mozilla Firebird should be changed from the 'fire' icon to either the icon made by Qute's original creator (available <a href="http://quadrone.org/phoenix/#graphics">here</a>) or the one made by Jairo Boudewyn (<a href="http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.asp?library=29&SkinID=1604">here</a>)

wow...thats a much better icon. the fire icon is nice, but doesnt have anything to do with web browsing.

(the other one looks great too, but i think its to much Information for a 32x32 Icon (or whatever the Windows icon size is)
Mauro

Post by Mauro »

Guys help me :-k
I'm about to download the latest 0.7RC (for Windows) but Im not which link to follow and download it from.

The link at the beginning of this thread refers to:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firebird/nightly/latest-0.7/
If you check this file it's dated 07-oct-2003 and has 6.0M size.

However when I link from the Firebird Page to the 0.7RC it refers to:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firebird/nig ... est-trunk/
This file however is dated earlier 02-oct-2003 and has larger 6.6M size.

Could you tell me which one is the real 0.7RC candidate and why there is such a diffrence in size?

Hey! Size does matter :biggrin:
Mauro

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win ME 4.90.3000;; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7
shadytrees

Post by shadytrees »

Download from the first link. The first link is the 0.7 branch. The second is the main trunk.
Awais

This has got to be the worst buld ever

Post by Awais »

I have been using Firebird since long now, so i decided to update the browser from 0.61 to .7 . I downloaded the zip file and installed the browser. when i clicked on the icon, after a few seconds of hard processing nothing happened. i checked in the task manager and sure enough it listed Firebird crucnhing away on my memory, but not showing up on the screen. I deleted the folder, and downloaded the file AGAIN. went through the same process. In fact i restarted my PC before starting the browser this time, but still the SAME result. So now i am going to download the old build again. This is absolutely unbeliveable, and painful as i am on a dial up. And that now is the only reason i use Firebird. it seems to load pages quickly. I tried this browser in my university lab, but didnt feel it warranted special space, and memory sacrifice because there were no apparent advantages of it on a high speed connection. :furious:

I am using windows XP.
John Liebson

Re: This has got to be the worst buld ever

Post by John Liebson »

Awais wrote:I have been using Firebird since long now, so i decided to update the browser from 0.61 to .7 . I downloaded the zip file and installed the browser. when i clicked on the icon, after a few seconds of hard processing nothing happened. i checked in the task manager and sure enough it listed Firebird crucnhing away on my memory, but not showing up on the screen. I deleted the folder, and downloaded the file AGAIN. went through the same process. In fact i restarted my PC before starting the browser this time, but still the SAME result. So now i am going to download the old build again. This is absolutely unbeliveable, and painful as i am on a dial up. And that now is the only reason i use Firebird. it seems to load pages quickly. I tried this browser in my university lab, but didnt feel it warranted special space, and memory sacrifice because there were no apparent advantages of it on a high speed connection. :furious:

I am using windows XP.

This reply written using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Firebird/0.7.

So, questions:

1. Did you delete the Firebird folder before installing 0.7?

2. Did you unzip 0.7 maintaining the folder structure that is in the zip file?

3. Did you try starting MozillaFirebird.exe -p, to see if the problem is with your existing profile?

4. Please answer all the other questions that I probably should have asked....
unkamunka

Will Not Load on WinXP

Post by unkamunka »

John Liebson wrote:1. Did you delete the Firebird folder before installing 0.7?
3. Did you try starting MozillaFirebird.exe -p, to see if the problem is with your existing profile?
Having posted the same issues on Wed 8th Oct 2003 11:29pm [see Page 10], the responses to all three questions are "Yes". I also deleted my exisiting profile and found that had no effect on the situation.

Any ideas/recommendations?
John Liebson

Re: Will Not Load on WinXP

Post by John Liebson »

unkamunka wrote:
John Liebson wrote:1. Did you delete the Firebird folder before installing 0.7?
Having posted the same issues on Wed 8th Oct 2003 11:29pm [see Page 10], the responses to all three questions are "Yes". I also deleted my exisiting profile and found that had no effect on the situation.

Any ideas/recommendations?

Well, my academic background is in the Middle Ages, so I'm tempted to suggest that you find a few monks and start a scriptorium....

I'm sorry, I don't have any ideas nor recommendations beyond what you've already tried. I'm going to have to leave this for others more versed in the intricacies of computers, programs, etc., to try to assist you.

Oh, one possible thing to try, although I'm doubtful it wil help: Delete everything, program and profile alike, then reinstall from the .zip file; perhaps that will fix whatever problem(s) are keeping you from using the program.