The Official Win32 20050608 [Trunk] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

oldtimer wrote:What happened to regular names used for testing builds? Like beta or 1.82b [continue the variation when growing], etc?
Naming is confusing, i guess one still looks for the perfect method.The Deer Park name /rebranding was introduced to avoid people downloading non-final builds, beta's , that look like the final ones.
-New stuf that has landed is
--the Firefox update system, which (if it has all landed) should allow builds to be patched, rather than requiring a full installation
--the possibility to drag and drop tabs

runab0ut wrote:Is this JS/HTML/CSS slideshow slow on the recent nightlies?
http://www.couloir.org/js_slideshow/
On the "other" browser, its fast and smooth.
WFM

Littlemutt wrote:Drag Link to New Tab / New Window
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=179845
If I drag a link to the tab-bar it creates 2 tabs.. Or do I not understand how this is supposed to work.
WFM
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
pyu

Post by pyu »

{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}

An update on the problems I had with Deer Park, Windows XP and default file icons. Apparently the above CLSID refers to MS Office HTML icon handler (evil thing). For some reason, under the "FirefoxHTML" key, my system had a "ShellEx\IconHandler" entry that refered to above CLSID, which tells it to ignore the real default icon. Under that particular CLSID, an entry pointed the FirefoxHTML icon pointed to a defunct location.

Apparently, the evilness of this shell extension is a known quantity - a Google search revealed similar wrong icon display problems with other apps.

For Firefox, deleting the entire "ShellEx\Iconhandler\{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" from FirefoxHTML entry in the registry and a repair of the icon cache would suffice.

This post is for the benefit of those suffering same annoying default icon problems as me.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050908 Firefox/1.4 (Firefox Beta 1)
chrisblore

Post by chrisblore »

Is anyone else experiencing a problem where the latest trunk builds retain the URL of the previous tab in the address bar upon opening a new tab? I'm currently using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050607 Firefox/1.0+ ID:2005060722 and this behaviour seems to consistently occur.
Old Jeria

Post by Old Jeria »

The focusing of tabs changed. Before you had to click twice for it to focus (see the dotted rectangle). Now one single click is enough. I don't know any other windows application that does this. Focus should only be shown when tabbing into it imo.
Ria

Post by Ria »

chrisblore wrote:Is anyone else experiencing a problem where the latest trunk builds retain the URL of the previous tab in the address bar upon opening a new tab? I'm currently using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050607 Firefox/1.0+ ID:2005060722 and this behaviour seems to consistently occur.

Yes, I was just on my way to ask it here. :)
EDIT: can't find the bug :?
marke

Post by marke »

1. try to install firefox at the same time when download manager is open and file is downloading. Clicking "don't exit" is not working + a blank browser opens. confusing
2. try to cancel update checking (under help). don't work. only the X button works.
3. cancel the download and remove it. the *.part file won't delete from Desktop (Download dir).

i have noticed that sometimes i can't type in forms, it starts seaching from page, and clicking on form doesn't help.
Last edited by marke on June 8th, 2005, 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Jeria

Post by Old Jeria »

marke wrote:2. try to cancel update checking (under help). don't work. only the X button works.

I am seing this too, also note that the location of the cancel button seems a bit odd
marke wrote:i have noticed that sometimes i can't type in forms, it starts seaching from page, and clicking on form doesn't help.

I also seen this issue from time to time
nbc

Post by nbc »

With the recent trunk pacifica builds, the browser is not focusing on the URL bar when I manually open a new tab. Can anyone confirm?
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=297037
marke

Post by marke »

i had same thiong some months ago. new profile helped!
chrisblore

Post by chrisblore »

nbc wrote:With the recent trunk pacifica builds, the browser is not focusing on the URL bar when I manually open a new tab. Can anyone confirm?

Yes. I had posted earlier to say that I was seeing this and was just about to file a bug myself!
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

Double clicking a tab creates a new blank tab - double clicking in the tab bar next to a tab but not on a tab creates two new blank tabs. :/
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

w.o.o.m. wrote:Double clicking a tab creates a new blank tab - double clicking in the tab bar next to a tab but not on a tab creates two new blank tabs. :/
me confused
double clicking a tab does nothing
double click on tab-bar,but not on a tab, creates 1 new tab
(no tabrelated extensions installed)
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

me tired...
I suspect it is a tab related extension on my system along with changes in the tab code.
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

chrisblore wrote:
nbc wrote:With the recent trunk pacifica builds, the browser is not focusing on the URL bar when I manually open a new tab. Can anyone confirm?

Yes. I had posted earlier to say that I was seeing this and was just about to file a bug myself!
Isn't that an older issue ?
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

Littlemutt wrote:Drag Link to New Tab / New Window
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=179845

If I drag a link to the tab-bar it creates 2 tabs.. Or do I not understand how this is supposed to work.

WFM, and if it doesn't, it sure wasn't my patch that broke it. If you can pinpoint the cause of the regression, file a new bug that depends on Bug 179656 - the likley culprit. Sounds extension related to me, though (and disabling might not be sufficient - try a clean profile to check).