The Official Win32 20050608 [Trunk] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
chrisblore

Post by chrisblore »

Peter(6) wrote:
chrisblore wrote:
nbc wrote:With the recent trunk pacifica builds, the browser is not focusing on the URL bar when I manually open a new tab. Can anyone confirm?
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=297037

Yes. I had posted earlier to say that I was seeing this and was just about to file a bug myself!
Isn't that an older issue ?

It may well be actually, perhaps it should be a dupe of the older issue but I think it's fallout from the tab browsing checkins that took place earlier.
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

chrisblore wrote:It may well be actually, perhaps it should be a dupe of the older issue but I think it's fallout from the tab browsing checkins that took place earlier.
My bad, this is a new regression.The bug is rather vague about the regressiontime so i'll try to check it when i'm home
Last edited by Peter(6) on June 8th, 2005, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
Old Jeria

Post by Old Jeria »

chrisblore wrote:Is anyone else experiencing a problem where the latest trunk builds retain the URL of the previous tab in the address bar upon opening a new tab? I'm currently using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050607 Firefox/1.0+ ID:2005060722 and this behaviour seems to consistently occur.

Bug 297047
dorando

Post by dorando »

Cusser wrote:
Littlemutt wrote:Thanks Cusser for the encouragement. I know its bleeding edge, and its fun, but it came as a surprize, at least to me, that a well known extension being added to the core code would break so many things, when Mini-T has co-habited with other Tab Enhancement extensions for some time now.

Well, miniT uses a chrome JavaScript solution, Mike's patch goes for an XBL binding approach (probably the better way of doing it) which makes this available to anyone implementing a tabbed interface, should they want it. That's probably why it's clashing.
XBL is often the better way, but if I would've implemented this in XBL it wouldn't have been able to work with other (XBL based) extensions and possibly some themes.

The problems arising now are mostly due the fact that the same code behaves differently depending from where it is called. Bug 297005, for example, shouldn't happen in miniT as in this case my check would fail (or never be reached) and the application would fall back to the <tabbrowser>s onDrop.

Also the patch didn't include some code which existed to make some extensions still works without the need to support miniT directly (like the .ordinal to ._tPos or .mPanelContainer.selectedIndex to .mTabContainer.selectedIndex wrappers).
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

dorando wrote:XBL is often the better way, but if I would've implemented this in XBL it wouldn't have been able to work with other (XBL based) extensions and possibly some themes.

Heh... don't get me wrong, this wasn't a critisism of your work, just an observation that if it's being implemented in the core, XBL would be the way to go.

Thanks for clearing the other stuff up :)
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Cusser wrote:
Littlemutt wrote:Drag Link to New Tab / New Window
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=179845

If I drag a link to the tab-bar it creates 2 tabs.. Or do I not understand how this is supposed to work.

WFM, and if it doesn't, it sure wasn't my patch that broke it. If you can pinpoint the cause of the regression, file a new bug that depends on Bug 179656 - the likley culprit. Sounds extension related to me, though (and disabling might not be sufficient - try a clean profile to check).

Just tried a 'virgin' profile and it works as expected. No duplicate tabs, so must TabMix related.
Reported it to the dev's of TabMix Plus.

thanks
polidobj
Location: Maryland USA - im in ur tinderbox, crashtesting ur firefox

Post by polidobj »

#291026 [Core]-Allow XBL to bind to XTF elements [All] is marked fixed.
Brian J Polidoro - Today's bugs brought to you by Raid. :P
Windows7 - Firefox user since ~Feb 2002
polidobj
Location: Maryland USA - im in ur tinderbox, crashtesting ur firefox

Post by polidobj »

Rishi M wrote:Does anyone know why Pacifica takes around 25 minutes to build the trunk and Prometheus only takes around 5 minutes and Atlantia takes around 7 minutes?

Prometheus and Atlantis are only doing builds. Pacifica is building and doing performance testing on those builds. (page load, xulwinopen, and startup). I'm wondering if they are planning on moving the memory testing being done by balsa to prometheus. (refcnt_leaks, trace_malloc_leaks, trace_malloc_maxheap, and trace_malloc_allocs)

Also for the address bar problems:
backing out bug 169826 (Port patch from bug 164006 to Firefox (wyciwyg: in tab titles)) as it caused bug 297037 / 297047

This was done after the 08 nightly which is now building AFAIK.
Brian J Polidoro - Today's bugs brought to you by Raid. :P
Windows7 - Firefox user since ~Feb 2002
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

This thread is closed, please use the next one
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)