Multiprocess Firefox [e10s] (Partial Release: Fx48)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Omega X

Re: Multiprocess Firefox [e10s]

Post by Omega X »

No crash here. Maybe its a Win7 specific issue.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

Hmmmm. That's the only os I have.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

joeg wrote:Hmmmm. That's the only os I have.

wFM on win7 m-c win32 builds, non-e10s.
kronckew

Post by kronckew »

joeg, it works fine for me in win10 build 10576. nightly v45.0a1 of 1 nov.

typed in url while on the 'extensions' tab, no others opewn, works fine. i have used about: config to set the dom.ipc.processCount to 8, that may have some effect. tried a few urls = all K.
CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Retired: Everyday I make a list of those things
That I am not going to do today, Then I don't do them.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

kronckew wrote:joeg, it works fine for me in win10 build 10576. nightly v45.0a1 of 1 nov.

typed in url while on the 'extensions' tab, no others opewn, works fine. i have used about: config to set the dom.ipc.processCount to 8, that may have some effect. tried a few urls = all K.
OK, thanks.

Actually, it's only within the last couple of weeks that I've been able to get e10s to work at all on my machines. Before that it was instant crash everywhere, and I always had the feature turned off.

To be honest, I have a feeling it has to do with the old, old profile I'm using.

Now, as far as I've been able to see, the issue is only the one I've described - which doesn't come up very often. As soon as I close Nightly and re-open it, the browser behaves just fine, and I can "work" normally - except for the couple of extensions that are still broken, as has been discussed elsewhere.

As I've also mentioned in another thread, for my everyday work, I've gone to the beta. I update and check Nightly daily, but I have to confess my effort is neither very systematic nor extensive.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
joeg

Post by joeg »

Heh-heh, I just tried it with a new profile, and guess what ... the problem's in my profile, not in Fx. Sorry. :oops:

While I was at it, though, I installed the extensions that haven't been working with my old profile, and they didn't work with the new one either.
12sunflowers

Post by 12sunflowers »

Hello!)
e10s do not work on nightly build x64
In option "multiprocess" is turned on
browser.tabs.remote = true

For test i go here http://jsray.user2dev.com/ set hi res, and press render. But while render is going i cant switch to another tab. After a few seconds FF say that script is locked up.

How to make e10s work properly?
kronckew

Post by kronckew »

works for me.
CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Retired: Everyday I make a list of those things
That I am not going to do today, Then I don't do them.
joeg

Post by joeg »

12sunflowers wrote: ... e10s do not work on nightly build x64 ...
Your test page works fine on my machine. How about trying it with a new profile? I've discovered that some of my earlier problems with e10s were profile / extension related.

-> "real UA" -> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0 ID:20151102030241 CSet: 451a185791433bce1a6a894c27f3da60a3119431
aney1

Post by aney1 »

12sunflowers wrote:Hello!)
e10s do not work on nightly build x64
But while render is going i cant switch to another tab.
The chrome is still fully functional, while rendering on really high settings on that page.
The contents of other tabs you switch to while rendering obviously aren't displayed, because the content process is busy.
That's exactly how single process e10s works.
Ezh

Post by Ezh »

E10S is almost done, as I understand and next beta may have enabled it. Any new on what are the next steps?
Peja Stija

Post by Peja Stija »

Most probably getting rid of it again.
12sunflowers

Post by 12sunflowers »

How can I be sure that e10s is working?
How to test?

On this site e10s not working for me.http://jsray.user2dev.com/
FF is locked then rendering and say that script must be stop.
I try last nighly with new clean profile.
Last edited by 12sunflowers on November 10th, 2015, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grantius

Post by Grantius »

If you hover your mouse over a tab, does it say "- e10s" after the title in the pop up box?
Micro gaming box: AMD A10-7800 APU, 8gb RAM M350 ITX case (size of a book), Windows 10/Ubuntu
Tablet/Laptop: Asus Transformer T100, Intel Atom 2GB RAM, Windows 10 x86
Mobile:Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
12sunflowers

Post by 12sunflowers »

Yes, i see "e10s" in the name of tab in pop up box

But why FF is locked other tabs then rendering?
In chrome all works good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YkWWAAglJ8

Some understand but not all. Then i use e10s and rendering interface FF not freezing, but why content of other tabs is locked, why i cant surfing parallel normally then rendering in other tab??
In chrome all work good: i can see content other tabs, and i can normally surfing then rendering.
http://imgur.com/IwGEduQ
Last edited by 12sunflowers on November 10th, 2015, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.