Zooming - text and images issues

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
BruceAWittmeier

Zooming - text and images issues

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

I would like to be able to alter the Zoom of pages where I can keep the NewTab page showing 4X3 images.

When I change to "View/Text only" only it only alters text and the images change go to 4X2.

Is there a way to force the images to shrink by 1 click (Ctrl -), text to remain as is and keep that combination of values?

Or said differently can I operate these values independently?

Edit:
I did find Alice White's addon and it fixes the problem but I'd still like to know if there are just a couple about:config tweaks I could apply rather than a complete addon. The main property is changing from 100% -> 90% for the zoom level. It reduces the images so I can get 4X3 on the NewTab screen and still allows Zoom text only when I need it.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.
patrickjdempsey

Re: Zooming - text and images issues

Post by patrickjdempsey »

No. And some of the wording for this confuses people into thinking that "images" are zoomed. The actual options are:

- Zoom text only.
- Zoom entire page contents including text.

Images aren't specifically zoomed, everything is.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
BruceAWittmeier

Re: Zooming - text and images issues

Post by BruceAWittmeier »

Thanks, Patrick. After further experimenting with the addon from AW - it did not work as I wanted either.
I often take a long windy road to my destination. Upon arrival, I wonder how I missed the shortcut.