How to get rid of the developer theme?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
PadaV4

How to get rid of the developer theme?

Post by PadaV4 »

I tried out the developer edition, didnt like the new theme much, so went back to nightly. But the damn developer theme still shows up under appearance. It is disabled, but there is no remove or delete button.. Anybody knows how to get rid of it??
KWierso

Re: How to get rid of the developer theme?

Post by KWierso »

If you're sharing a profile (probably shouldn't be doing that), you'll need to go into about:config and flip browser.devedition.theme.enabled back to false.
PadaV4

Post by PadaV4 »

KWierso wrote:If you're sharing a profile (probably shouldn't be doing that), you'll need to go into about:config and flip browser.devedition.theme.enabled back to false.

I dont have this preference ಠ_ಠ. And i uninstalled the devedition, and im pretty sure it had a separate profile. IDK why the theme showed up in regular nightly.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Are you using Sync?
Win 10 Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6 core, 3900 MHz (4450 Turbo), AMD Radeon Vega (integrated graphics). 16GB DDR4-3200, Firefox 125.0.2, Developer Edition 126.0b4, Nightly 127.0a1.
PadaV4

Post by PadaV4 »

No i have never used Sync. To be honest i dont even care how the developer theme got to the the nightly profile, i just would like to get rid of its entry from addons -> appearance.
Josa

Post by Josa »

PadaV4 wrote:No i have never used Sync. To be honest i dont even care how the developer theme got to the the nightly profile, i just would like to get rid of its entry from addons -> appearance.

Seems like right now it's impossible.
Aris

Post by Aris »

The developer theme is in all available channels (release, beta, dev/aurora, nightly).

On latest nightly it can be found inside add-ons managers appearance category.
'browser.devedition.theme.enabled' got removed.
PadaV4

Post by PadaV4 »

Oh its in firefox by default now, and i thought it got there from my little adventure with the developer edition. Oh well thanks anyways guys.