Firefox 38.0b2 is now available

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Mouse5

Re: Firefox 38.0b1 is now available

Post by Mouse5 »

i agree, i should have stayed as a extension only. the chances of me using it is ZERO . Mozilla should have done a Poll or something like that to see how much the feature wouyld be used . its the same ith that HELLO crap. i wont use it.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

@ WLS - No need for you to be sorry, Mozilla devs should be,
as they're the ones who implant this feature which probably no one on desktops will use, except miss clicks... ](*,)
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

does Mozilla care about having some kinda market share anymore?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Probably about a billion % more than we care about your constant whining
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

malliz wrote:Probably about a billion % more than we care about your constant whining

i didnt think i was whining, please hand me a few tissues
James

Post by James »

It looks like the Win64 Beta builds of 38.0b# are officially supported now to be listed on https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/beta/all/
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

I don't understand how you guys are complaining about this? To me it seems like a pretty darn useful feature, especially now that web designers have gone all insane blotto with crazy web fonts and making everything either HUGE BIG orteeny tiny. And let's not forgot the weird color combinations. And thanks to Apple et al, we can no longer change fonts from within the browser or using a blanket CSS statement because that breaks basic navigation via "font icons" #-o Heck, even the BBC which is often on the forefront of tasteful design has fallen prey to the race to the bottom mentality.

Not that "Reader" is IMO is a very good implementation as it's slow, fails on complex sites, and strips out important context and navigation. But this is exactly the kind of thing that would be a great addition if it actually worked. ;)
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

Beta 3 Test day Friday.

Firefox 38.0 Beta 3 Testday, April 10th | Mozilla Quality Assurance

I haven't been able to participate in test day's due to other commitments, but I'll try to be there.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

patrickjdempsey wrote:I don't understand how you guys are complaining about this? To me it seems like a pretty darn useful feature, especially now that web designers have gone all insane blotto with crazy web fonts and making everything either HUGE BIG orteeny tiny. (...)

I agree, this is one of the few late features that I find actually useful, and long overdue too...
Many websites appear to take extra steps to make the actual content unreadable, some apparently like to kill your eyes with black backgrounds...this feature straightens things up.
Well, at least when it works.