Bookmark toolbar broken in Nightly after 01 Apr

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Bookmark toolbar broken in Nightly after 01 Apr

Post by joeg »

I've been sick and hadn't updated the Nightly since the end of March. I just updated to 04.04 (v. 40), and my bookmarks toolbar is wrecked.

There are other problems, but this one bothers me most.

I've gone back to the first release of v40 (31 March); it works fine. The trouble started with the Nightly of 01 Apr.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
the-edmeister

Re: Bookmark toolbar broken in Nightly after 01 Apr

Post by the-edmeister »

What do you have on the Bookmarks Toolbar that added that drop-caret to the right of the separators?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Steve196

Post by Steve196 »

Not seeing it on my end, Joe:
Time for some triage with add-ons and extensions?
Glad you're feeling better and congrats on the new kittehs - awesome!! :)
My avatar is my newly adopted kitten ... I figured y'all were getting tired of looking at my baggy eyes. :)
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Probably a theme issue.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Steve196

Post by Steve196 »

Yeah, Patrick, might be. I've only themed mine via CSS.
JoeG, keep us updated.
My avatar is my newly adopted kitten ... I figured y'all were getting tired of looking at my baggy eyes. :)
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

the-edmeister wrote:What do you have on the Bookmarks Toolbar that added that drop-caret to the right of the separators?.
I have a drop-down list with lots of bookmarks. The caret was caused by the display problem; now that it's fixed, the normal text label appears instead.
patrickjdempsey wrote:Probably a theme issue.
Actually it turned out to be a combination of the Red Cats Green Flavor theme and the CTR extension.
Steve196 wrote:...Glad you're feeling better and congrats on the new kittens - awesome!! :)
Thanks Steve. Actually on 15 April they'll have been with us a year!

Anyway, the issue is solved for now, at least until some more behind-the-scenes changes are made.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.