Aliased text. Again

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Terepin

Aliased text. Again

Post by Terepin »

Few days ago many texts (chrome included) started to look aliased, just like they were when they introduced GPU acceleration. Were there any changes?
Hope dies penultimate. What remains till the end is sarcasm. And I have plenty of it.
PadaV4

Re: Aliased text. Again

Post by PadaV4 »

^Yes i noticed the same
harhar

Post by harhar »

I remember when they introduced DirectWrite rendering and people were complaining about the changed look for the fonts, they then added an entry in about:config with a list of fonts that people wanted to keep rendered like before. Maybe look up the name of that about:config setting. They might have just changed the default value for it and removed some fonts like Verdana. If it's like this, you'd just add it back to fix your issue.

I can't see that stuff here on Linux, I think, so can't help searching (at least I can't see anything suspicious when I search for "font" in about:config here).
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Terepin

Post by Terepin »

Indeed it was.
Hope dies penultimate. What remains till the end is sarcasm. And I have plenty of it.