Home page doesn't display

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Rocketman

Home page doesn't display

Post by Rocketman »

I'm having a strange issue with FF 64 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0) not always displaying the set home page when the browser opens. Sometimes the URL is displayed & sometimes it isn't. If I hit the Home button, the page comes up. http://i58.tinypic.com/t0t2r4.jpg. Never had this happen before with any Mozilla browser. Extensions: Better Privacy, Greasemonkey, HTTPS-Everywhere, Lastpass, No Script, Tab Mix Plus, WOT. I use these (& more) extensions in all my Mozilla browsers (FF 39 beta, Nightly 41, Seamonkey) w/o this happening. Any ideas?
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Ben Franklin
patrickjdempsey

Re: Home page doesn't display

Post by patrickjdempsey »

It's almost certainly one of your extensions. I'd start with disabling GreaseMonkey and TabMixPlus as those are both known troublemakers.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Rocketman

Post by Rocketman »

I disabled Greasemonkey & TMP. Will keep you updated.
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Ben Franklin
Rocketman

Post by Rocketman »

After disabling the 2 extensions, I had no more of the particular issue. Then I re-enabled the 2 extensions yesterday & still haven't had any starting issues, so right now, I can't call it either resolved or not resolved. Will see how things progress.

[Edit] I just remembered that I also disabled Primetime Content Decryption Module. Maybe that's involved.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

That is only used for playing DRM-protected video content. It shouldn't have any impact on your homepage... unless your homepage is a video.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Rocketman

Post by Rocketman »

With TMP still disabled the problem with the home page displaying still happens.