Latest Nightly discussion

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Areed

Latest Nightly discussion

Post by Areed »

Didn't see a thread specifically targeted towards latest Nightly builds in general, only specific Nightly topics (e10s, threads mentioning bugs etc.) so figured it would be appropriate to have a more general topic.

Last night's build seems to have modified the tab bar somewhat. Mousewheel scrolls along the tab bar much faster (probably a good thing). Negative points though - new tabs will only open up at the end of the tab bar now, and unloaded tabs no longer appear visually any different from loaded tabs. This is generally only a problem if you have a lot of tabs (which I do)

Update: install latest TMP development build seems to fix the issue with tabs not opening next to the existing one: http://tmp.garyr.net/
Last edited by Areed on August 1st, 2015, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Latest Nightly discussion

Post by malliz »

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2951111
Didn't look too hard
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Areed

Post by Areed »

That is a completely different topic, mostly unrelated to discussing new Nightly builds.

I also noticed that your post was completely off-topic and did not contribute anything to the discussion.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Grow up
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Areed

Post by Areed »

Are you trolling? How are you not banned from this site yet?
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Do you still need help? Or is your issue solved?

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Areed

Post by Areed »

It's not really a topic discussing a specific issue. I just thought it would be nice to have a topic discussing latest Nightly builds in general. The other thread linked has some Nightly discussion, but it's also aimed at Beta & Aurora. Moreover that thread's title isn't very specific.
PadaV4

Post by PadaV4 »

Areed wrote:That is a completely different topic, mostly unrelated to discussing new Nightly builds.

I also noticed that your post was completely off-topic and did not contribute anything to the discussion.

Umm, i do not understand what are we supposed to discuss in that thread if its not for discussing new Nightly threads.. Could you explain to me what is discussed in this viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2951111 thread?
Last edited by PadaV4 on August 1st, 2015, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
trolly

Post by trolly »

If you want to discuss a feature, make a thread. Want to discuss about Nightly in general use the mentioned thread.
Unless there is a proof that you need another general nightly thread I'm locking this.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
James

Post by James »

There is this Sticky thread for General Nightly channel issues. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=540546

Then there is the Builds threads for Nightly (also Aurora can be brought up) that is started for each new update (updates are pretty much everyday) and is used for discussing things about the recent update. These threads has a list of the Bugzilla bugs on all the changes in recent update. This list helps to prevent duplicates.

The threads for each of the Nightly updates has been done this way for some eleven plus years now.

Thanks to members like WLS we also have threads for each Beta build of a version.

Areed, You barely spent time posting in Firefox Builds so please do not try to school us.