Please help with extension testing

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Please help with extension testing

Post by joeg »

On my various machines, the extension Permit Cookies 2 (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... cookies-2/) works fine with the current beta (Fx 40), but as far as I can see, it doesn't work with the Nightly (Fx 42).

Using the latter, when I click the "Permit Cookie" button, the window opens. So far so good, but now the problem starts: No matter what the current setting is, and no matter which option(s) I choose, when I click "OK", nothing at all happens. Nothing.

It doesn't work with a new profile either.

Could someone try it with the Nightly, please?

Thanks.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
JayhawksRock

Re: Please help with extension testing

Post by JayhawksRock »

I have run into the same thing on WinXP with the New remote process feature in Nightly with a couple of cookie related extensions. I can prevent all extensions from being run in that remote process by flipping pref > browser.tabs.remote.autostart.2 < to false and then restart Firefox
Your Mileage may vary...
Last edited by JayhawksRock on August 2nd, 2015, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

Thanks JayhawksRock, but I already have that set to false.

Unless I'm mistaken, that setting has to do with e10s, and it's ALWAYS off on my machines. Just for the record, with my trusty profile, I've never, ever been able to get Fx to work with e10s active.

This, however, has nothing to do with the extension issue as far as I can see. Just for the heck of it, though, I've tried your suggestion with a new profile - to no avail.

Ummmmm, did you actually test the extension?

Thanks.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

You are seeing the results of bug 1170200. The addon tries to remove a cookie but the API has changed so it fails. End of story. Contact the developer to make a fix.
joeg

Post by joeg »

lithopsian wrote:You are seeing the results of bug 1170200. The addon tries to remove a cookie but the API has changed so it fails. End of story. Contact the developer to make a fix.

OK, thanks. I have.