add account tab missing in fireftp add-on

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
dak4482

add account tab missing in fireftp add-on

Post by dak4482 »

Hello,

I had to reinstall a new version of Nightly (the latest) and after adding fireftp I have a problem. The Add account tab is missing from fireftp. The only tabs showing next to the "choose account" tab is "edit" and "Abort"? I have tried reinstalling both Nightly and fireftp several times to no avail. Any suggestions? I am running windows 7 64 bit and Nightly 64 bit. It had previously worked fine and I had no problems. Any help would be appreciated.

Dan
James

Re: add account tab missing in fireftp add-on

Post by James »

The Fireftp extension is one of those that needs to be fixed/updated for a while now.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2970695&hilit=fireftp
viewtopic.php?p=14385191#p14385191
https://github.com/mimecuvalo/fireftp/issues/

That is the downside of Testing Nightly development channel builds as sometimes Extensions stop working partially or fully. The Nightly (also Aurora aka developers edition) gets cheackins almost everyday so therefore they get updates each of those days. Sometimes there can be issues as a result until fixed, finished or reverted and Extensions can be broken in process also.

If you are using Nightly simply for Win64 reason well the Firefox 42.0 Release has Win64 along with 32-bit.
http://download-origin.cdn.mozilla.net/ ... 2.0/win64/
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

See the authors fix here > http://fireftp.net/help.html its the "I can't add accounts" item. Seems like a simple hack... If Firefox will allow it
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
dak4482

Post by dak4482 »

Thx. I guess I'll go back to firefox 42. How will I transfer all my bookmarks, etc once I do? I understand I would have to uninstall nightly first correct?
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

FireFTP has numerous problems with Nightly; the dev is aware of the situation and has promised to take a look at what he can do.

Everything still works in beta (Fx 43), but of course this happy situation will end someday, too. :x
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
dak4482

Post by dak4482 »

Installed Firefox 42 and everything is fine. FireFtp add account tab shows up and all is well. I guess Nightly still has some bugs. haha. Thx for the replies and help.

Dan
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

24 Nov -> There's an update for FireFTP (2.0.25). It now works with Fx45, too.

Hats off to the dev!
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.