MozillaZine

[WARNING] Nightly might break some add-ons

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Mark12547
 
Posts: 143
Joined: May 13th, 2017, 11:36 am
Location: Oregon, United States, Earth

Post Posted October 1st, 2017, 12:27 pm

@karlbu, if you want to run AdBlock Plus in 57, at this time you would have to run the latest beta version:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sions/beta

(Me? I actually use uBlock Origin at this time.)

WaltS48

User avatar
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: May 7th, 2010, 9:38 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post Posted October 2nd, 2017, 6:36 am

karlbu wrote:Opened 57 this morning, and none of the extensions I use >daily< work: addblock plus, foxit PDF creator, kaspersky, LastPass, NoScript, Session Manager.

Are any of these ever going to work again? Tell me now while I'm off searching for a Firefox replacement.


Don't know if they are.

Maybe you could find replacements here. Extensions for 57.0

Good luck searching through all 8,792 matching results. The list keeps growing :!:
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5

mightyglydd

User avatar
 
Posts: 9061
Joined: November 4th, 2006, 7:07 pm
Location: Hollywood Ca.

Post Posted October 2nd, 2017, 7:16 pm

Hmm...Fx57 WebExtensions.....do they have to be e10's compatible to get AMO's OK ? :-k
#KeepFightingMichael

Grantius

User avatar
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: June 28th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Post Posted October 2nd, 2017, 10:31 pm

mightyglydd wrote:Hmm...Fx57 WebExtensions.....do they have to be e10's compatible to get AMO's OK ? :-k


WebExtensions by design are e10s compatible
Micro gaming box: AMD A10-7800 APU, 8gb RAM M350 ITX case (size of a book), Windows 10/Ubuntu
Tablet/Laptop: Asus Transformer T100, Intel Atom 2GB RAM, Windows 10 x86
Mobile:Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro

Brummelchen
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: March 19th, 2005, 10:51 am

Post Posted October 2nd, 2017, 11:57 pm

you should disable kaspersky extension for ever - always buggy because they could not manager in right on time.

NoScript is interactive with other webextensions - if some fail it helps to read comments on concerned webextension (not noscript)
NS is not ready yet.

current best session manager replacement
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... n-manager/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ab-button/

foxit PDF creator is from the program, its foxit turn to improve.
but i never had used similar für pdf - i just print to my pdf printzer without any extension, makes no sense and has no advantage.
maybe "print edit" helps you out
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... t-edit-we/

after printing i can edit my pdf files to correct them in content.

dracmail
 
Posts: 2
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 6:23 am

Post Posted November 17th, 2017, 5:30 am

This thread seems to be addressing the issue I'm concerned with, even if at a much higher level than I'm comfortable with. I've just installed the latest update and ALL my addons have suddenly stopped working. Seriously??? This is an "improvement" that we're supposed to be happy with? How do I either get them all working again or else devolve to an earlier version of Firefox?

WaltS48

User avatar
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: May 7th, 2010, 9:38 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post Posted November 17th, 2017, 6:47 am

dracmail wrote:This thread seems to be addressing the issue I'm concerned with, even if at a much higher level than I'm comfortable with. I've just installed the latest update and ALL my addons have suddenly stopped working. Seriously??? This is an "improvement" that we're supposed to be happy with? How do I either get them all working again or else devolve to an earlier version of Firefox?


You replace the ones you can replace with Web Extensions, try to work without the ones you can't replace.

There should be a Find Replacements button in the Legacy Extensions section of your Add-ons Manager. Try using it.

An alternate method is using this link. Extension Finder.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5

dracmail
 
Posts: 2
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 6:23 am

Post Posted November 17th, 2017, 6:57 am

The "find replacements" link sends me to addons that are similar but generally not as good. As for working without the addons, they are the whole point of having Firefox! IMHO this would have to be one of the most stupid updates ever. At the very least they should have either warned users that 99% of their addons would stop working if they updated, or else had a grace period where the old addons still worked but had some sort of warning, while allowing the developers time to bring out new versions.

Whatever. I have solved the problem by downloading an older version (56.0.2) and installing that.

ETD: Sorry - don't want to give the impression that I'm somehow blaming you for this! :-) Just not happy about being stuffed around by a program that I've had a great deal of admiration for over the years.

avada
 
Posts: 1749
Joined: February 10th, 2008, 6:30 am
Location: Hungary

Post Posted November 17th, 2017, 1:36 pm

dracmail wrote:The "find replacements" link sends me to addons that are similar but generally not as good. As for working without the addons, they are the whole point of having Firefox! IMHO this would have to be one of the most stupid updates ever. At the very least they should have either warned users that 99% of their addons would stop working if they updated, or else had a grace period where the old addons still worked but had some sort of warning, while allowing the developers time to bring out new versions.

Whatever. I have solved the problem by downloading an older version (56.0.2) and installing that.

ETD: Sorry - don't want to give the impression that I'm somehow blaming you for this! :-) Just not happy about being stuffed around by a program that I've had a great deal of admiration for over the years.

Your addons were tagged as "legacy" in the preceding couple FF versions. That was their warning...

Return to Firefox Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests