FF Cookie Issue

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
gypsycomp

FF Cookie Issue

Post by gypsycomp »

I've noticed that with FF 43.0.1 that FF has disabled keeping cookies, that you have to re-enable accepting cookies each time you start FF.
There is a big discussion in the mozdev community about security, BUT if the user wants to keep cookies for specific sites they should be allowed that prerogative. I can see the default being false, but if I want to set certain aspects for accepting cookies as true I should have that ability. For me, this is one of those little things which continues to make me disappointed with Mozilla - they want to think for me, without giving me options to select what I want.
Any comments about this?
therube

Re: FF Cookie Issue

Post by therube »

> with FF 43.0.1 that FF has disabled keeping cookies

Not so.

> you have to re-enable accepting cookies each time you start FF

Ditto.
If that is happening, it is something on your end causing it.

What cookie setting do you have set (or that want to set [& retain])?
Does it happen if you restart FF in Safe Mode?
Do you have a user.js in your Profile folder?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
lithopsian

Re: FF Cookie Issue

Post by lithopsian »

Also worth mentioning, you have the ability to whitelist particular sites even if the default setting is not to allow cookies.

There were some cookie changes that landed recently (43? perhaps 44), but not to disable them by default. Cookie whitelisting is now by origin (scheme/host/port combination) instead of just host.