MozillaZine

Remove "Recently Bookmarked" list

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
itisomegakai

User avatar
 
Posts: 358
Joined: February 13th, 2014, 11:52 am

Post Posted February 18th, 2016, 5:56 am

Virtual_ManPL wrote:
itisomegakai wrote:https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1248268

Please provide suggestions to this bug as the devs need info.[...]


Don't do that.
Dão Gottwald [:dao] need info only from Verdi [:verdi]...



Oh sorry my bad. :(

onemen

User avatar
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: October 15th, 2004, 7:48 am

Post Posted February 18th, 2016, 2:52 pm

Code: Select all
/* hide "Recently Bookmarked" items added by bug 1219804 */
#BMB_bookmarksShowAllTop + menuseparator,
#bookmarksToolbarSeparator,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] {
  display: none !important;
}

menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem + menuitem,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem {
  display: none !important;
}

Gandharva
 
Posts: 44
Joined: September 18th, 2010, 2:19 am

Post Posted February 19th, 2016, 7:41 am

onemen wrote:
Code: Select all
/* hide "Recently Bookmarked" items added by bug 1219804 */
#BMB_bookmarksShowAllTop + menuseparator,
#bookmarksToolbarSeparator,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] {
  display: none !important;
}

menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem + menuitem,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem {
  display: none !important;
}

Thank you very much! :D
Is there a possibility that TabMixPlus will feature an options switch for this in the future?

mayankleoboy1
 
Posts: 424
Joined: February 25th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Post Posted February 19th, 2016, 8:37 am

onemen wrote:
Code: Select all



Thanks!

c627627

User avatar
 
Posts: 559
Joined: April 3rd, 2005, 12:58 pm
Location: Kansas

Post Posted September 12th, 2016, 11:27 pm

Firefox 49 final was supposed to be released today but it got pushed back.
Heads up as what was supposed to be the final version still has this bug on some systems.
I was able to replicate it on mine.

This code got rid of it but there is an extra separator. Anyone know how to get rid of the extra separator?


#BMB_bookmarksShowAllTop + menuseparator,
#bookmarksToolbarSeparator,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] {
display: none !important;
}

menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem + menuitem,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem,
menuitem[label="Recently Bookmarked"] + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem + menuitem {
display: none !important;
}
Open the pod bay doors, Cortana.

marty60
 
Posts: 475
Joined: March 21st, 2012, 7:09 am

Post Posted September 13th, 2016, 5:44 pm

c627627 wrote:This code got rid of it but there is an extra separator. Anyone know how to get rid of the extra separator?

Try this:

#bookmarksMenuItemsSeparator{
display: none !important;
}

That gives me an extra separator without it.

dao-g
 
Posts: 669
Joined: January 31st, 2005, 5:37 am
Location: Berlin

Post Posted September 13th, 2016, 11:00 pm

Bug 1248268 has long been fixed. You don't need any CSS to remove this.

thecompanion
 
Posts: 1
Joined: September 23rd, 2016, 12:39 pm

Post Posted September 23rd, 2016, 12:46 pm

First, upgrade to version 49.0.1 of Firefox. Then type in the address bar the words “about:config”; this will bring up a warning message that messing with the config file will void your warranty. There is no warranty; such a message is meant to keep you from changing the config file. Next, search in the search box the words “bookmark”; the line which says: “browser.bookmarks.showRecentlyBookmarked user set boolean”, change this from TRUE to FALSE by double-clicking on the line. Once it is set to FALSE, the Recently Bookmarked Section will be eliminated. And all will be right in the world of Firefox again. :lol:

dao-g
 
Posts: 669
Joined: January 31st, 2005, 5:37 am
Location: Berlin

Post Posted September 27th, 2016, 3:01 am

Or just right-click on the menu and pick "Hide Recently Bookmarked".

johnlvs2run

User avatar
 
Posts: 92
Joined: April 13th, 2006, 3:47 pm
Location: Earth

Post Posted October 9th, 2016, 8:40 pm

thecompanion wrote:First, upgrade to version 49.0.1 of Firefox. Then type in the address bar the words “about:config”; this will bring up a warning message that messing with the config file will void your warranty. There is no warranty; such a message is meant to keep you from changing the config file. Next, search in the search box the words “bookmark”; the line which says: “browser.bookmarks.showRecentlyBookmarked user set boolean”, change this from TRUE to FALSE by double-clicking on the line. Once it is set to FALSE, the Recently Bookmarked Section will be eliminated. And all will be right in the world of Firefox again. :lol:


Thank you for the clear and helpful instructions. This got rid of the annoying issue immediately.
Linux Mint 17.2 64 Xfce / Firefox 42.0 / Thunderbird 38.4.0

Return to Firefox Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests