Post by Josa »

Previous Nightly Builds thread 20160307

The Official Win32 20160308 NIGHTLY build is out
The Official Win32 20160308 AURORA build is out
.The Official Firefox 46 Beta 1 builds are not yet out

Previous NIGHTLY: 20160307 (Fx47.0a1)
Previous AURORA: 20160307 (Fx46.0a2)
Previous BETA: 20160304 (Fx45.0 RC2)

Hourly NIGHTLY builds: mozilla-central-linux | mozilla-central-linux64 | mozilla-central-macosx | mozilla-central-win32 | mozilla-central-win64 | NIGHTLY Tinderbox | NIGHTLY Changelog | AURORA Tinderbox | AURORA changelog

Fixed:
  1. NIGHTLY +10
  2. #1252290 [Core:DOM: Push Notifications]-Provide a way for browser code to reliably receive push notifications without impacting browser startup time [Uns][btpp-fixlater]
  3. #1249365 [Core:WebRTC: Audio/Video]-Latest Nightly 47.0a1 breaks Hello - No camera/microphone found [Uns][]
  4. #1253930 [Firefox:Bookmarks & History]-Default favicons of 5 recently bookmarked, while in smart folder favicons are OK [Uns][]
  5. #1222937 [Firefox:Developer Tools: Animation Inspector]-Show a dedicated error message in the animation-inspector when an animated pseudo-element is selected [Uns][]
  6. #1253879 [Firefox:Developer Tools: Framework]-Update the devtools-separator to be the same style as the sidebar tab separator [All][[btpp-fix-later]]
  7. #1251755 [Firefox:Developer Tools: Inspector]-Cannot see pseudo lock in markup view if element is selected [Uns][[good first bug][lang=css][difficulty=easy][btpp-fix-now]]
  8. #1253781 [Firefox:Developer Tools: Responsive Design Mode]-Tell React components are pure for better perf [All][[multiviewport] [mvp-rdm]]
  9. #1252627 [Firefox:Distributions]-distribution.searchplugins.defaultLocale should take precedence over general.useragent.locale when looking for engines [Uns][]
  10. #1218977 [Firefox:Pocket]-Pocket toolbar panel should have rounded corners [Uns][]
  11. #1245544 [Toolkit:Telemetry]-Telemetry experiments aren't expiring historical data properly [Uns][[measurement:client]]

Partial Landings/Diagnostic Patches:
  1. None

1. AURORA +0
    None
  1. BETA +2
  2. #1253379 [Core:Networking: HTTP]-Not all timing data are carried to the child process [Uns][[necko-active]]
  3. #1250050 [Core:Plug-ins]-Add a pref to control whether wheel events should be sent to plug-ins [Win][]

Nightly 48.0 fixes since 20160307 (Gecko 47) ~10
Aurora 47.0 fixes since 20160125 (Gecko 46) ~1801
Beta 46.0 fixes since 20151214 (Gecko 45) ~1689

Release tracking Firefox 46-48 see HERE
Last edited by Josa on March 8th, 2016, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
WaltS48

Re: The Official Win32 20160308 builds are not yet out

Post by WaltS48 »

From the previous thread.
TheVisitor wrote:Well crap... now they have removed 'warn when closing multiple tabs' ? *sigh*

EDIT: the setting box has been removed from the Options->General it seems as I checked it, then on restart to test the box disappeared.

Now you have to go into about:config and set browser.warnOnQuit to 'True' ](*,)

EDIT: BTW, Nightly has been bumped to '48'
Sorry I don't see a setting box for "Warn when closing multiple tabs" in my 44.0.2, 45.0rc2 or as you say Nightly 48.0a1. Maybe removed in Firefox 40? 1063625 – Show the "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" and "Warn me when opening multiple tabs might slow down &brandShortName;" checkboxes only when needed

I still have the warn when opening checkbox in Nightly.

My about:config shows "browser.warnOnQuit;true" as default, not User Set in all three versions.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
avada

Post by avada »

TheVisitor wrote:To the best of my recollection Firefox has NEVER shut down cleanly when you let 'windows' close the application. Some get away with it at times, I know I have, but depending on timing, etc... its a gamble to let windows close the application as windows won't wait...
I didn't have a problem at all until recently.

BenYeeHua wrote:Maybe you has changed this?
I didn't change anything in windows recently. But thanks for the links, maybe I can alleviate the issue by tuning these settings
But I didn't get warnings for firefox, as I normally do with apps when windows waits for them, I only noticed it in session manager on next firefox start. So there's something more to this.
WildcatRay wrote:I would be surprised if you did not have a lot of troubles when Nightly was suffering with the very long shutdown times recently.
The problem is, I should get a warning when firefox is not yet closed. But I don't...
avada

Post by avada »

By the way is there a bug for the recent very annoying black flicker of tab content, when switching to a tab. It seems to only affect tabs that have been in the background for a while.
avada

Post by avada »

@BenYeeHua
I'm confused what the settings you linked do.
The descriptions are contradictory. At WaitToKillServiceTimeout it says it's affected by WaitToKillAppTimeout. At WaitToKillAppTimeout it says it affects HungAppTimeout...
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

WLS wrote:...Sorry I don't see a setting box for "Warn when closing multiple tabs" in my 44.0.2, 45.0rc2 or as you say Nightly 48.0a1. Maybe removed in Firefox 40? 1063625 – Show the "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" and "Warn me when opening multiple tabs might slow down &brandShortName;" checkboxes only when needed

I still have the warn when opening checkbox in Nightly.

My about:config shows "browser.warnOnQuit;true" as default, not User Set in all three versions.
I had exactly the same experience as TheVisitor. Using yesterday's Nightly (v.48 / 07 Mar), when I looked in the Tools -> Options -> General, I saw the text that said "Warn when closing multiple tabs .." (or whatever the exact text was) and the checkbox. I had it unchecked.

To test the behavior, I checked it and restarted Fx. When it restarted, and I went back to Tools -> Options -> General, the text and checkbox were gone. I then opened a few tabs and closed Fx. When I did, I received the warning "You are about to close ...", which I guess is the way it's supposed to be.

I then restarted Fx, went into about:config and re-set browser.warnOnQuit to false. I then opened some tabs, closed Fx, and- as expected - didn't get any warning, which is what I wanted.

I don't think TheVisitor was complaining that the function is gone all together, but rather that it's gone from its familiar place.

Since I had it unchecked to begin with and thus didn't get the warning, I guess I'd have never missed it.

I guess there are a zillion settings in about:config that I don't know exist or what they do, and it would probably double the size of Fx if a checkbox were included in the interface for all of them.

To me, this corroborates the brilliance of some extensions. The first one that comes to mind is Aris's Classic Theme Restoer.

Anyway, this particular issue is a tough one to call.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
BenYeeHua

Post by BenYeeHua »

avada wrote:@BenYeeHua
I'm confused what the settings you linked do.
The descriptions are contradictory. At WaitToKillServiceTimeout it says it's affected by WaitToKillAppTimeout. At WaitToKillAppTimeout it says it affects HungAppTimeout...
WaitToKillServiceTimeout is for service like Windows Update, WaitToKillAppTimeout is for software like Firefox, two of them are for shut down/restart.
HungAppTimeout is for software that showing not responding, I think it might only for end task by using Windows Task Manager, or clicking the close button, or interact with the hung app but no respond, then the dialog pop-up.

AutoEndTasks is for ending(the right term should be killing) the process without asking the user, after this three is expired/counted down and processes still not closed/responded.
joeg wrote:I guess there are a zillion settings in about:config that I don't know exist or what they do, and it would probably double the size of Fx if a checkbox were included in the interface for all of them.

To me, this corroborates the brilliance of some extensions. The first one that comes to mind is Aris's Classic Theme Restoer.

Anyway, this particular issue is a tough one to call.
Well, as you can see, they learn from Windows...
If it is technical, then don't showing up for average users that know nearly nothing about Computer, and hidden it inside the Windows 10 Pro - Group Policy Editor. :wink:

But the difference is, Mozilla dev don't telling the user which function it is for(in a easy way), then there is why we has this. :D
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... scriptions
----Edit
But sometimes you still need to Google it for search which bugzilla it is, and read the patch/comments that added it. ](*,)
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

BenYeeHua wrote:... But the difference is, Mozilla dev don't telling the user which function it is for(in a easy way), then there is why we has this. :D
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... scriptions ...
The extension you linked to hasn't been updated since 2012!!! I wonder how many of the settings it includes still even exist. 8-[
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
Josa

Re: The Official Win32 20160308 builds are out

Post by Josa »