Show Update History

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Show Update History

Post by joeg »

Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Update History

Where does Fx get this information? Why doesn't it show manual updates?

Thanks.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
WaltS48

Re: Show Update History

Post by WaltS48 »

Look for the updates folder in your Firefox application folder for update.log and last-update.log.

By manual you mean downloading the application new and installing it? That's not an update. It is a replacement.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

WLS wrote:Look for the updates folder in your Firefox application folder for update.log and last-update.log.

By manual you mean downloading the application new and installing it? That's not an update. It is a replacement.
Thank you.

I have a question about your use of the expression "application folder": To me this would mean the "program folder".

In this case, though, the files in question weren't there, or even in the folder that contains my Fx profiles: C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Roaming.

They were in a folder that I didn't even know existed: C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Local\Mozilla

Can someone, please, explain the purpose of the latter folder in simple terms? Thanks.

Finally, thank you for the explanation of the difference between "update" and "replacement". Yes, this is quite logical.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

The update history is in updates.xml in the Firefox application folder.