Post by Josa »

Previous Nightly Builds thread 20160507

The Official Win32 20160508 NIGHTLY build is out
The Official Win32 20160508 AURORA build is out
.The Official Firefox 47 Beta 4 builds are not yet out

Previous NIGHTLY: 20160507 (Fx 49.0a1)
Previous AURORA: 20160507 (Fx 48.0a2)
Previous BETA: 20160506 (Fx 47.0b3)

Hourly NIGHTLY builds: mozilla-central-linux | mozilla-central-linux64 | mozilla-central-macosx | mozilla-central-win32 | mozilla-central-win64 | NIGHTLY Tinderbox | NIGHTLY Changelog | AURORA Tinderbox | AURORA changelog

Fixed:
  1. NIGHTLY +0
    None

Partial Landings/Diagnostic Patches:
  1. None

1. AURORA +0
    None
  1. BETA +0
    None

Nightly 49.0 fixes since 20160425 (Gecko 48) ~579
Aurora 48.0 fixes since 20160307 (Gecko 47) ~2250
Beta 47.0 fixes since 20160125 (Gecko 46) ~2228

Release tracking Firefox 47-49 see HERE
Last edited by Josa on May 9th, 2016, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
avada

Re: The Official Win32 20160508 builds are not yet out

Post by avada »

Last I checked it they weren't planning on removing the ability for disabling addon signature checking.
Yet a bunch of addons are disabled. xpinstall.signatures.required;false doesn't have an effect.

So did they change their mind or is it some sort of bug?
avada

Post by avada »

I don't know what .. is going on, but I can't even re-enable my addons on central.
Can they disable addons permanently in a profile? I have no other guess...
avada

Post by avada »

avada wrote:Can they disable addons permanently in a profile? I have no other guess...
It looks like this is the case. They got disabled on beta and stayed disabled on every other channel without an enable button.
I had to re-instal all of them.
Last edited by DanRaisch on May 7th, 2016, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for language. Partially obscured just doesn't cut it.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Are you using the same profile with multiple versions? That's a big no-no, and it's no surprise things were broken in a hard to recover from state.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
avada

Post by avada »

Well, I followed 47 from Aurora to beta, which worked fine until this snafu. Then I tried all channels while attempting recovery.
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

avada wrote:
avada wrote:Can they disable addons permanently in a profile? I have no other guess...
It looks like this is the case. They got disabled on beta and stayed disabled on every other channel without an enable button.
I had to re-instal all of them.
you were warned in the Firefox 46 Beta thread that Addons must be signed through Beta to release. try a New Profile an see how things go, you cannot use the same profile for all firefox versions you have obviously used

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Addons/Extensi ... g#Timeline
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/01 ... ng-update/
Last edited by DanRaisch on May 8th, 2016, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for language, as above.
James

Post by James »

Firefox 47.0 and later does not have the option of overriding the need for signed extensions.

avada watch your language please.
avada

Post by avada »

-Arch- wrote:you were warned in the Firefox 46 Beta thread that Addons must be signed through Beta to release. try a New Profile an see how things go,

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Addons/Extensi ... g#Timeline
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2016/01 ... ng-update/
Signing itself wasn't the issue. But that I couldn't re-enable them where it should be possible.
-Arch- wrote:you cannot use the same profile for all firefox versions you have obviously used
Well if I'd want to nitpick, I'd say that practically everyone uses the same profile for all versions, since the version is updated every 6 weeks.
I usually don's switch between versions on my main profile unless I have an issue. Anyways this time I decided I'll stay with 47, because all the crap that's coming. Didn't work out well.
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

avada wrote: Signing itself wasn't the issue. But that I couldn't re-enable them where it should be possible.
Well if I'd want to nitpick, I'd say that practically everyone uses the same profile for all versions, since the version is updated every 6 weeks.
I usually don's switch between versions on my main profile unless I have an issue. Anyways this time I decided I'll stay with 47, because all the crap that's coming. Didn't work out well.
because you used the same Profile with all Versions of firefox it Disabled them, by rights IMO you should start with a New Profile with each New Firefox Version. you failed to do that. an as i said above, you were warned in my Firefox 46 Beta Thread about extensions being signed. so why you didn't setup a New Profile then is beyond me, it doesnt take long to setup a New Profile. perhaps you should stick with Stable releases Only.

signing itself prolly wasnt the issue, but failing to Make a New Profile was the issue., if you had of done that, everything prolly would be fine
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

avada wrote:
-Arch- wrote:you cannot use the same profile for all firefox versions you have obviously used
Are you seriously comparing a one-time updgrade of the browser and profile with bouncing up and down versions in the same profile?
I usually don's switch between versions on my main profile unless I have an issue.
And this behavior is known to cause issues.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

The (recommended) practice is (should be) to maintain separate profiles for the channel(s) (release, beta, Aurora, Nightly, inbound, etc.) you have installed on your computer(s).

In my case, I have release, beta and Nightly installed. I use Sync to maintain my browsing data between each separate profile. I do not sync preferences or add-ons between profiles, though I do, for the most part, use the same add-ons in each profile.

Some developers do want testers to move back and forth between newer and older versions and/or channels so that the code that handles moving between versions is also tested.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
NVD

Post by NVD »

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technol ... ge-gallery

I can't scroll around once I click any of the images in Nightly while it works fine in Chrome, scrolling works.

Is it me or anyone else can reproduce this?
BenYeeHua

Post by BenYeeHua »

NVD wrote:http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technol ... ge-gallery

I can't scroll around once I click any of the images in Nightly while it works fine in Chrome, scrolling works.

Is it me or anyone else can reproduce this?
Well, I can't do it at Nightly, Edge and Chrome Canary...
Might be it need to be loaded from the network(it is blurry when I am testing it), as I has a very slow network, so I just give up waiting on that... ](*,)
avada

Post by avada »

-Arch- wrote:, by rights IMO you should start with a New Profile with each New Firefox Version. you failed to do that. an as i said above, you were warned in my Firefox 46 Beta Thread about extensions being signed. so why you didn't setup a New Profile then is beyond me, it doesnt take long to setup a New Profile. perhaps you should stick with Stable releases Only.

signing itself prolly wasnt the issue, but failing to Make a New Profile was the issue., if you had of done that, everything prolly would be fine
This is a ridiculous proposal. No-one would/will start a new profile every time firefox updates. It's no point having a profile if you throw it away every month. Just purge it on every restart.
smsmith wrote:And this behavior is known to cause issues.
What doesn't when it comes to firefox? Not that it had any relevance in this case. As I said twice already I decided to stick with v47. So I was on beta for a few weeks. It came unexpectedly in b3. Which wouldn't have been a problem, except that the extensions remained disabled. I guess it's one of mozilla's "genius" ideas, so you they'd only be re-enabled by an auto-update with a signed addon...