Awesomebar forgot about history (only Aurora affected?)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Ezh

Awesomebar forgot about history (only Aurora affected?)

Post by Ezh »

Aurora user. Starting yesterday Aurora forgets to include history results to awesombar.

Started at home, came to work and the same behavior at work computer. I see the history, it collects history, but does not shows it in awesomebar.

I did not updated the builds, actually I did nothing. After build update all is the same - doesn't work.

Is it only me?

Picture, showing *pakivedu* in history, but does not in awesomebar:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgcv9iryrr92v ... 1.png?dl=0
Last edited by Ezh on July 8th, 2016, 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ezh

Re: Awesomebar forgot about history

Post by Ezh »

New profile & sync the data did not helped. So it is a sync problem I believe...
Ezh

Post by Ezh »

It seems to be an Aurora problem. Installed FF, synced and it seems to work OK there.

Does no one experiences same problem?
toolong

Post by toolong »

Ezh wrote:It seems to be an Aurora problem. Installed FF, synced and it seems to work OK there.

Does no one experiences same problem?
Apparently no one wants to say this.

The Mozilla Add-on site says, to me, that your "Awesombar" extension is not available for Firefox versions that high.

The install rdf file says that it is known to work with Firefox version 3.6.*

Which means? I am surprised that it still worked at all.

Sorry.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Ezh

Re: Awesomebar forgot about history (only Aurora affected?)

Post by Ezh »

Awesomebar is integrated in FF. For many years.For some reason it just stopped to work with history, bookmarks are OK.
toolong

Post by toolong »

Ezh wrote:Awesomebar is integrated in FF. For many years.For some reason it just stopped to work with history, bookmarks are OK.

I am sorry. I misunderstood you. I thought that you were trying to use the extension.

In that case, if it was me, I would go to Options > Privacy and see if you have "History" checked in the Location Bar section and that you have ''remember history' set.

As a last resort I would try "clear recent history" which has solved similar problems for me in the past.

Good luck
Ezh

Post by Ezh »

Indeed, it was off... Thank you very much! I searched for the pref and did not found that trivial setting, in about:config all was enabled.

Case closed.
Ezh

Post by Ezh »

Indeed, it was off... Thank you very much! I searched for the pref and did not found that trivial setting, in about:config all was enabled.

Case closed.

PS Actually it is strange, that release FF did not synced this pref... It was synced only between on my Aurora installations.
toolong

Post by toolong »

Ezh wrote:Indeed, it was off... Thank you very much! I searched for the pref and did not found that trivial setting, in about:config all was enabled.

Case closed.

PS Actually it is strange, that release FF did not synced this pref... It was synced only between on my Aurora installations.

Well how about that! Good. I am happy that we found your problem.

Somewhere here on this forum there is a post that *strongly* recommends that you do not use 'stable profiles' with 'work in progress' builds. That for them you use separate profile(s). Things do change.

This sounds like an example.

Glad I could help.