Changes in Firefox 57

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
GHM113

Re: Old Firefox Extensions Will Stop Working in Firefox 57,

Post by GHM113 »

We’re still determining long term plans for side tabs in Firefox, so stay tuned for updates.
Interesting :-k But I would prefer multirow tab bar.
Sorry for my poor English.
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

not having side tabs is a sad loss , im sure an extension could do it
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

LIMPET235 wrote:To all concerned...
If you want to discuss which browser you will use after v57, then please, go elsewhere.
This thread is about which extensions will be available/updated after v57 is released.
Thanks.
Hm. OK, that's fine.
Where do we go to get people organized to fight Mozilla's decision on removing XUL/XPCOM??
How do we get newspapers involved, or Occupy Moz-Street going?
How do we get it through their heads that we love Firefox because we loved its ability to be customized and put its users in control?

I want to put together a 10 minute video demonstrating how everyone's Firefox UI looks completely different and this is a major part of the value of the Firefox brand. Where do I go to get people motivated behind these things??
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

PimpUigi wrote:
If you want to discuss which browser you will use after v57, then please, go elsewhere.
This thread is about which extensions will be available/updated after v57 is released.
Thanks.
Hm. OK, that's fine.
Where do we go to get people organized to fight Mozilla's decision on removing XUL/XPCOM??
How do we get newspapers involved, or Occupy Moz-Street going?
How do we get it through their heads that we love Firefox because we loved its ability to be customized and put its users in control?

I want to put together a 10 minute video demonstrating how everyone's Firefox UI looks completely different and this is a major part of the value of the Firefox brand. Where do I go to get people motivated behind these things??
there should be a sub-forum called " Mozilla Complaints" in this forum where one can put all there Rants in cause com e 57 Nightly/beta/release there's gonna be a lot of it
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

PimpUigi wrote:
Thanks.
Hm. OK, that's fine....

...I want to put together a 10 minute video demonstrating how everyone's Firefox UI looks completely different and this is a major part of the value of the Firefox brand. Where do I go to get people motivated behind these things??
Which means that you've got the wrong thread for that?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
PimpUigi

Post by PimpUigi »

The thread called "Old Firefox Extensions Will Stop Working in Firefox 57" - which is exactly what I want to talk about, is the wrong thread to talk about it in the manner of which I want to discuss - but is also(?) the wrong thread in which to ask where one goes to discuss it in such manners?
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1641786 - Try Firefox PimpUigi Edition
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

PimpUigi wrote:The thread called "Old Firefox Extensions Will Stop Working in Firefox 57" - which is exactly what I want to talk about, is the wrong thread to talk about it in the manner of which I want to discuss - but is also(?) the wrong thread in which to ask where one goes to discuss it in such manners?
You don't have to ask anything, if you want to discuss 'How do we get newspapers involved, or Occupy Moz-Street going? etc.' then start a new thread on it.

Just don't cuckoo your way onto an existing thread about extensions and not even mention extensions once.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Aris

Post by Aris »

Arch5 wrote:not having side tabs is a sad loss , im sure an extension could do it
Without a proper toolbar API such an add-on would not be able to remove default tabs toolbar making it not yet usable for most users.
Wasn't "Tree Tabs" a WebExtension to "recreate" sidebar tabs?
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

Aris wrote:Without a proper toolbar API such an add-on would not be able to remove default tabs toolbar making it not yet usable for most users.
Wasn't "Tree Tabs" a WebExtension to "recreate" sidebar tabs?
I guess API to hide a tab strip is a separate bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1332447
Also, there are 3 webextensions that provide side tabs:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... extension/ (by Andy McKay!)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tree-tabs/ (tab trees, has problems with tab switching)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ter-redux/
:-"
Sorry for my poor English.
Grantius

Post by Grantius »

Webextension version of Ublock Origin is back on Github: https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases
Micro gaming box: AMD A10-7800 APU, 8gb RAM M350 ITX case (size of a book), Windows 10/Ubuntu
Tablet/Laptop: Asus Transformer T100, Intel Atom 2GB RAM, Windows 10 x86
Mobile:Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

i think Gorhill also hosts the webextension in AMO , like he does wqith the Beta's
sabret00the

Post by sabret00the »

It is indeed on the development channel for uBO on AMO.
Lurtz

Post by Lurtz »

Can you please link it? I can only find the legacy version on AMO.
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Grantius

Post by Grantius »

I can't see the webextension version on there... just the latest beta of the standard version

It doesn't work in nightly anyway
Micro gaming box: AMD A10-7800 APU, 8gb RAM M350 ITX case (size of a book), Windows 10/Ubuntu
Tablet/Laptop: Asus Transformer T100, Intel Atom 2GB RAM, Windows 10 x86
Mobile:Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro