The Official 20161212 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Are You A Wiiizard?

Re: The Official 20161212 builds are not yet out

Post by Are You A Wiiizard? »

Virtual_ManPL wrote: care to say, where Firefox with e10s enabled is faster?
because unfortunately I'm not seeing it, except of course better snappiness in GUI
I'm seeing much better performance on my AMD 8320. Single-core on this CPU isn't great so it benifits greatly when the more cores are used. With e10s I've seen my CPU get used as much as 75% whereas without e10s it usually maxes out at 13% (1 core).

EDIT: Uggh.. didn't mean to double post, I'm just used to a different forum.
Last edited by Are You A Wiiizard? on December 12th, 2016, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Are You A Wiiizard? wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Do you have both the latest Nightly and dev version of TMP? I'm not seeing any issues...yet.
x64 Aurora as per my UA. That was with the latest version of dev TMP, the previous was working fine. Currently I'm using the release build and everything is fine, it didn't seem to corrupt my settings.
The current dev version of TMP was not set up to apply the revisions for the patch(es) in question to Aurora builds. onemen so far has only applied the changes in TMP dev version to Nightly builds.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Are You A Wiiizard?

Post by Are You A Wiiizard? »

WildcatRay wrote:
Are You A Wiiizard? wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Do you have both the latest Nightly and dev version of TMP? I'm not seeing any issues...yet.
x64 Aurora as per my UA. That was with the latest version of dev TMP, the previous was working fine. Currently I'm using the release build and everything is fine, it didn't seem to corrupt my settings.
The current dev version of TMP was not set up to apply the revisions for the patch(es) in question to Aurora builds. onemen so far has only applied the changes in TMP dev version to Nightly builds.
That may be the case now but I've almost always had to use the dev version as the "stable" version is too slow to include fixes to Aurora's changes.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Are You A Wiiizard? wrote:That may be the case now but I've almost always had to use the dev version as the "stable" version is too slow to include fixes to Aurora's changes.
Well, it looks as though you will have to wait for onemen to update the dev version to apply to Aurora builds with the patch(es) in question.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

Grantius wrote:>enabled e10s, which is still slower compared to disabled e10s

This meme has to really stop - I'm sorry you get a lot slower with your particular setup but since e10s has come out I've found on all my different setups Nightly is extremely quick. I don't use 10000 addons so maybe that's why, and I'm not the only person who has found it a lot faster....
e10s is noticeably slower compared to disabled e10s on my machine. How to check: load 9 tabs, open 100 bookmarks in the background, measure how long it takes to switch from the 1st to the 9th tab (you have to wait until the throbber disappears). Results:
Nightly 12-12-16
no addons 1 content process 13 seconds
no addons 2 content processes 14 seconds
no addons e10s disabled 9 seconds

Tab switching performance is noticeably better with e10s disabled: tab switching is instant while with e10s enabled you are always gonna see a throbber at least for a second of two. This is really annoying.
Sorry for my poor English.
Josa

Re: The Official 20161212 builds are out

Post by Josa »