Previous AURORA: 20161211 (Fx 52.0a2)
Previous BETA: 20161202 (Fx 51.0b6)

Hourly builds: Tinderbox Builds
Treeherder: Nightly | Aurora
Changelogs: NIGHTLY | AURORA | BETA
Release Notes: AURORA | BETA

Fixed:
  1. NIGHTLY +3
  2. #1319606 [Core:Networking]-Crash in mozilla::net::nsStreamListenerWrapper::OnStopRequest [hsts priming] [Lin][[necko-active]]
  3. #1322274 [Core:WebRTC]-Overhaul PeerConnection.js with modern JavaScript [All][]
  4. #1309866 [Firefox:Developer Tools: Netmonitor]-Migrate RequestsMenuView to a React component with Redux store [Uns][[netmonitor]]

Partial Landings/Diagnostic Patches:
  1. #989197 [Firefox:Location Bar]-Add SSL error page when captive portal is detected [All][[fxprivacy]]

1. AURORA +0
    None
  1. BETA +0
    None

Nightly 53.0 fixes since 20161114 (Gecko 52) ~961
Aurora 52.0 fixes since 20160819 (Gecko 51) ~2465
Beta 51.0 fixes since 20160801 (Gecko 50) ~2657

Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Release Tracking
Last edited by Josa on December 12th, 2016, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omega X

Re: The Official 20161212 builds are not yet out

Post by Omega X »

The crash is listed as: [@ js::jit::MBasicBlock::insertBefore ]
https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/ ... ca92161211

Some sort of Javascript issue.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1322900
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

FYI: onemen has updated the dev build of Tab Mix Plus. It appears to fix the issues with yesterday's Nightly build.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Are You A Wiiizard?

Post by Are You A Wiiizard? »

WildcatRay wrote:FYI: onemen has updated the dev build of Tab Mix Plus. It appears to fix the issues with yesterday's Nightly build.
OMG... wish I didn't update, complete broke tabs for me...
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Do you have both the latest Nightly and dev version of TMP? I'm not seeing any issues...yet.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

I use this simple css in stylish (this is only part of bigger css, problem touch only this line) For tabs text

Code: Select all

text-align: center !important;
Today after update this is not working anymore, some ideas why?
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

I created a new profile for both Release Firefox and Nightly in order to compare their performance. It turns out tab switching is slower in Nightly. How is that possible, I though Nightly is supposed to be the fastest version of the browser because of the latest additions and optimizations.
WildcatRay wrote:Do you have both the latest Nightly and dev version of TMP? I'm not seeing any issues...yet.
No problems on my end either.
Sorry for my poor English.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

GHM113 wrote:I created a new profile for both Release Firefox and Nightly in order to compare their performance. It turns out tab switching is slower in Nightly. How is that possible, I though Nightly is supposed to be the fastest version of the browser because of the latest additions and optimizations.
Nightly is slower per:
- JavaScript poisoning
- enabled e10s, which is still slower compared to disabled e10s
- lower "nglayout.initialpaint.delay", which can increase loading pages by nearly 50%, especially on low end PCs with some amount of tabs opened at once
etc.
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
dao-g

Post by dao-g »

Xetmes wrote:I use this simple css in stylish (this is only part of bigger css, problem touch only this line) For tabs text

text-align: center !important;
Today after update this is not working anymore, some ideas why?
Try adding -moz-box-flex: 1;
Grantius

Post by Grantius »

Virtual_ManPL wrote:
GHM113 wrote:I created a new profile for both Release Firefox and Nightly in order to compare their performance. It turns out tab switching is slower in Nightly. How is that possible, I though Nightly is supposed to be the fastest version of the browser because of the latest additions and optimizations.
Nightly is slower per:
- JavaScript poisoning
- lower "nglayout.initialpaint.delay", which can increase loading pages by nearly 50%, especially on low end PCs with some amount of tabs opened at once
etc.
>enabled e10s, which is still slower compared to disabled e10s

This meme has to really stop - I'm sorry you get a lot slower with your particular setup but since e10s has come out I've found on all my different setups Nightly is extremely quick. I don't use 10000 addons so maybe that's why, and I'm not the only person who has found it a lot faster....
Micro gaming box: AMD A10-7800 APU, 8gb RAM M350 ITX case (size of a book), Windows 10/Ubuntu
Tablet/Laptop: Asus Transformer T100, Intel Atom 2GB RAM, Windows 10 x86
Mobile:Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
dsmith

Post by dsmith »

Having issues in today's Nightly (32 bit build). Wondering if anyone can verify.

Opening this Kickstarter page saturated the CPU, and made navigation very difficult. Closing the page left the CPU saturated for one to three minutes after the tab disappeared, until it dropped back down to nominal levels.

The thread with the high CPU activity (according to Process Explorer) is firefox.exe!GetHandleVerifier+0x3bdb.

The call stack for the saturated thread, while saturated (at least for the point in time when captured):

ntoskrnl.exe!KeWaitForMultipleObjects+0xc0a
ntoskrnl.exe!KeAcquireSpinLockAtDpcLevel+0x712
ntoskrnl.exe!KeWaitForMutexObject+0x19f
ntoskrnl.exe!__misaligned_access+0xbd4
ntoskrnl.exe!__misaligned_access+0x187d
ntoskrnl.exe!__misaligned_access+0x1af7
xul.dll!CallWindowProcCrashProtected+0x2f8d
xul.dll!CallWindowProcCrashProtected+0x2eee
xul.dll!XRE_main+0x4c39
xul.dll!CallWindowProcCrashProtected+0x2abe
xul.dll!NS_LogCOMPtrAddRef+0x18373
xul.dll!NS_LogCOMPtrAddRef+0x176e7
xul.dll!NS_LogCOMPtrAddRef+0x159b9
xul.dll!NS_LogCOMPtrAddRef+0x148a4
xul.dll!?GetVerifySignedContent@LoadInfo@net@mozilla@@UAG?AW4nsresult@@PA_N@Z+0x61cd
xul.dll!?GetVerifySignedContent@LoadInfo@net@mozilla@@UAG?AW4nsresult@@PA_N@Z+0x5467
xul.dll!?GetVerifySignedContent@LoadInfo@net@mozilla@@UAG?AW4nsresult@@PA_N@Z+0x5421
xul.dll!mozilla_dump_image+0x686bbd
xul.dll!mozilla_dump_image+0x68608a
xul.dll!NS_DebugBreak+0x1488b2
xul.dll!XRE_EnableSameExecutableForContentProc+0x1a1a
xul.dll!?GetVerifySignedContent@LoadInfo@net@mozilla@@UAG?AW4nsresult@@PA_N@Z+0x1f517
xul.dll!XRE_AddJarManifestLocation+0x12235
xul.dll!XRE_AddJarManifestLocation+0x121a9
xul.dll!XRE_AddJarManifestLocation+0x12105
xul.dll!XRE_AddJarManifestLocation+0x1205d
xul.dll!XRE_AddJarManifestLocation+0x11fd5
xul.dll!NS_DebugBreak+0x18bca7
xul.dll!mozilla_dump_image+0x88bc1e
xul.dll!?SetScriptableOriginAttributes@LoadInfo@net@mozilla@@UAG?AW4nsresult@@PAUJSContext@@V?$Handle@VValue@JS@@@JS@@@Z+0x1f7b12
xul.dll!?SetOriginAttributes@LoadInfo@net@mozilla@@UAE?AW4nsresult@@ABVNeckoOriginAttributes@3@@Z+0x317e6
xul.dll!XRE_IsContentProcess+0x38ea
xul.dll!XRE_IsContentProcess+0x3a1c
xul.dll!XRE_IsContentProcess+0x3d1b
xul.dll!XRE_IsContentProcess+0x3c94
xul.dll!?GetLoadingSandboxed@LoadInfo@net@mozilla@@UAG?AW4nsresult@@PA_N@Z+0x25d99
xul.dll!?GetLoadingSandboxed@LoadInfo@net@mozilla@@UAG?AW4nsresult@@PA_N@Z+0x257f3
xul.dll!?SetScriptableOriginAttributes@LoadInfo@net@mozilla@@UAG?AW4nsresult@@PAUJSContext@@V?$Handle@VValue@JS@@@JS@@@Z+0x1576d7
xul.dll!NS_NewLocalFile+0x9f5c
xul.dll!NS_NewLocalFile+0x9f2b
xul.dll!?GetEnforceSRI@LoadInfo@net@mozilla@@UAG?AW4nsresult@@PA_N@Z+0xee5a0
xul.dll!?GetEnforceSRI@LoadInfo@net@mozilla@@UAG?AW4nsresult@@PA_N@Z+0xee32f
xul.dll!XRE_RunAppShell+0x26
xul.dll!?SetScriptableOriginAttributes@LoadInfo@net@mozilla@@UAG?AW4nsresult@@PAUJSContext@@V?$Handle@VValue@JS@@@JS@@@Z+0x157695
xul.dll!NS_NewLocalFile+0x9f5c
xul.dll!NS_NewLocalFile+0x9f2b
xul.dll!XRE_InitChildProcess+0x55f
firefox.exe!GetHandleVerifier+0x78a4
firefox.exe!GetHandleVerifier+0x5a29
firefox.exe!GetHandleVerifier+0x3b65
ntdll.dll!RtlInitializeExceptionChain+0x63
ntdll.dll!RtlInitializeExceptionChain+0x36
Restarting with addons disabled, pages won't load at all (never even got to the point of testing the Kickstarter page). I have a perpetual spinner on all restored pages. Two threads are constantly in use, though only around 0.5% CPU: the above GetHandleVerifier thread, and xul.dll!?SetOriginAttributes@LoadInfo@Net@Mozilla

With addons disabled, I only have two Firefox processes. With addons enabled, I have three Firefox processes. There should normally be three: Main, Content, Graphics. Note that the Kickstarter page is not part of the restore set.
dsmith

Post by dsmith »

Grantius wrote:>enabled e10s, which is still slower compared to disabled e10s

This meme has to really stop - I'm sorry you get a lot slower with your particular setup but since e10s has come out I've found on all my different setups Nightly is extremely quick. I don't use 10000 addons so maybe that's why, and I'm not the only person who has found it a lot faster....
I've found it to be smoother, not faster. That is, less likely to lock up the entire browser for a second or two before responding, but page loading seems a small bit slower.

And then there's the recent issue where it takes a full two seconds after middle clicking on a link before the tab even appears (not the page, the *tab*), and then the usual load time on the page itself.

Only using 12 extensions right now. I will allow that NoScript and UBlock Origin seem to almost cancel out their own effectiveness, in that some aspects of page loading are vastly faster, while other aspects are far slower, compared to a blank profile. I'm usually looking at a spinner for a couple seconds after trying to open a new page before anything seems to load, but once the loading starts it's usually pretty quick compared to the unfiltered page.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

Grantius wrote:
Virtual_ManPL wrote:
Nightly is slower per:
- JavaScript poisoning
etc.
>enabled e10s, which is still slower compared to disabled e10s

It's not meme, at least in my cases,
you can even look on my old post here to see why - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=14716959#p14716959

care to say, where Firefox with e10s enabled is faster?
because unfortunately I'm not seeing it, except of course better snappiness in GUI
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

dao-g wrote: Try adding -moz-box-flex: 1;
How do You see this? Where this suppose to land?
Are You A Wiiizard?

Post by Are You A Wiiizard? »

WildcatRay wrote:Do you have both the latest Nightly and dev version of TMP? I'm not seeing any issues...yet.
x64 Aurora as per my UA. That was with the latest version of dev TMP, the previous was working fine. Currently I'm using the release build and everything is fine, it didn't seem to corrupt my settings.