All Youtube Videos Playback Trigger 2nd 'ECHO' - W/O TRACE

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
wileycoyote

All Youtube Videos Playback Trigger 2nd 'ECHO' - W/O TRACE

Post by wileycoyote »

Hi Folks,
VERY strange thing started happening yesterday when I clicked a link opening a youtube video. It began to play as it rightly would, but then I heard the same video playing - seemingly, as if I'd opened it again in another tab or window. Despite my scouring all tabs and anything remotely that could be open and playing, NOTHING is open and playing. It's now happening every time I start a youtube video whether I'm on youtube.com and playing videos or whenever I click a youtube link from another website. The video begins to play, then after a second or two, the I HEAR THE AUDIO PLAYING AS IF ON A SECOND AUDIO CHANNEL. Even though I've stopped the youtube player on the page, the 'SECONDARY' audio source continues to play the entirety of the youtube video. THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THIS SECONDARY AUDIO PLAYBACK IS BY CLOSING THE YOUTUBE PAGE ITSELF.

I've googled this problem to see if anyone else is finding it but I don't see it in a google search which is why I registered and am appealing to MOZILLA FIREFOX support via this 'Firefox Bugs' topic.

Feeling very 'out there' as I usually am able to find the source of general oddities but this one's a real head stomper!
Help?!
THANK YOU!
WILEY
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: All Youtube Videos Playback Trigger 2nd 'ECHO' - W/O TRA

Post by malliz »

Stop with the allcaps. Nobody here wants to be yelled at
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
wileycoyote

Post by wileycoyote »

Sorry about that. First time post. Thought it might be helpful for scanning eyeballs. Thanks for the guidance.
wileycoyote

Post by wileycoyote »

I believe this problem is connected to the Firefox/Mozilla dissolution of plugins and the use of the relatively new plugin "Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc 1.4.8.903". When I disable the Widevine plugin, the dual playback stops but so does playback altogether. That is, no videos on youtube.com play at all once I've disabled the Widevine Content Decryption Module.

As I mentioned, the problem is that once playback begins on youtube (and now I've discovered this via certain other websites/platforms), the audio from the content in the player 'rolls' again with approximately a 1-2 second delay, an 'echo' channel, if you will, only without any trace of a new tab or window opened to show the source and stopping the player on the page does not stop the 'secondary' echo audio of the principal video playback.

Anyone else finding this problem or issue?
Thanks!
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

No problem with Y.T. here ... and long ago I disabled that Widevine plugin ... I would suggest that you restart Firefox into safe-mode to see what happens... Plugins still work in that mode...also note that your other pose in 'Bugs' was locked as a duplicate.

Try running Firefox in safe-mode... NOTE: This is a testing procedure only ... NOT for normal browsing.
-- On the menu bar, click the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled....
Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog. Click continue in Safe Mode and don't check any items.

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while Single/Double clicking on the icon.
* (option key while starting Firefox on Mac).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>What safe-mode does ..... Safe Mode temporarily affects the following:
* All extensions are disabled. --- * The userChrome.css and userContent.css files are ignored.
* The default theme is used, without a persona. --- * The default toolbar layout is used.
* The Just-in-time (JIT) JavaScript compiler is disabled. --- * Hardware acceleration is disabled.

-- Safe Mode has no effect on the following --
* The status of plugins is not affected.
* Custom preferences are not affected.

This is the link to the main KB article for Safe-Mode ... but, use the above info 1st...
Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
James

Post by James »

wileycoyote wrote:I've googled this problem to see if anyone else is finding it but I don't see it in a google search which is why I registered and am appealing to MOZILLA FIREFOX support via this 'Firefox Bugs' topic.
Just so you know as it is not always obvious to people right away, this is a independent forum that is not a part of nor run by Mozilla.org as you can see on right sidebar and at About link http://www.mozillazine.org/about/

Mozilla does have their own community support forum at https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Support- ... ort-Forums
James

Post by James »

wileycoyote wrote:I believe this problem is connected to the Firefox/Mozilla dissolution of plugins and the use of the relatively new plugin "Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc 1.4.8.903". When I disable the Widevine plugin, the dual playback stops but so does playback altogether. That is, no videos on youtube.com play at all once I've disabled the Widevine Content Decryption Module.
Youtube.com videos has been using the HTML5 player for a while now and not the Flash Player Plugin as you can see what your system supports at http://www.youtube.com/html5/ as all checks should be blue.

Also you appear to be Testing Beta builds of Firefox 52.0 which can sometimes have little issues.
ravensrod

Post by ravensrod »

been having the same problem for a few days, disabling the HTML5 plugin seems to cure it
wileycoyote

Post by wileycoyote »

Hey dfoulkes - many thanks for the info. I actually posted to the 'BUGS' board after I realized maybe that's where I should have posted my query in the first place and that perhaps this forum/'firefox builds', maybe is not the correct place. Oh well. RE running in safe mode, while that would most certainly fix the prob I know I'd lose all the customization/personalization I've efforted so diligently to acquire! #-o I'm also not confident enough to export my settings and try and reimport them with a clean slate. I'm sure it will sort itself out one way or another.
Thanks again! So glad you're on guard against all the MeoWare!! Fabulous!
dfoulkes wrote:No problem with Y.T. here ... and long ago I disabled that Widevine plugin ... I would suggest that you restart Firefox into safe-mode to see what happens... Plugins still work in that mode...also note that your other pose in 'Bugs' was locked as a duplicate.

Try running Firefox in safe-mode... NOTE: This is a testing procedure only ... NOT for normal browsing.
-- On the menu bar, click the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled....
Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog. Click continue in Safe Mode and don't check any items.

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while Single/Double clicking on the icon.
* (option key while starting Firefox on Mac).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>What safe-mode does ..... Safe Mode temporarily affects the following:
* All extensions are disabled. --- * The userChrome.css and userContent.css files are ignored.
* The default theme is used, without a persona. --- * The default toolbar layout is used.
* The Just-in-time (JIT) JavaScript compiler is disabled. --- * Hardware acceleration is disabled.

-- Safe Mode has no effect on the following --
* The status of plugins is not affected.
* Custom preferences are not affected.

This is the link to the main KB article for Safe-Mode ... but, use the above info 1st...
Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base