Need Firefox 52 for security reasons

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
DN123ABC

Need Firefox 52 for security reasons

Post by DN123ABC »

Hello,
Some users' Firefox self-updated to 53 recently. This broke the IBM Advanced fraud protection - Trusteer application, which only supports up to version 52. This is very important for doing banking business.

I'm sure "downgrading" to version 52 should fix this, but am having a hard time finding version 52 to download. Even when the link says 52, it goes to the 53 once the download starts.

Where can I find version 52 to download?

Thank you.
patclash

Re: Need Firefox 52 for security reasons

Post by patclash »

DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Thank you. This is what I was looking for. Google and Yahoo both pointed to "ESR", but once the download started, it was 53.

How do I stop Firefox from automatically updating? I don't want this to keep breaking.

Thanks again.
lithopsian

Post by lithopsian »

DN123ABC wrote:
Thank you. This is what I was looking for. Google and Yahoo both pointed to "ESR", but once the download started, it was 53.

How do I stop Firefox from automatically updating? I don't want this to keep breaking.

Thanks again.
Preferences -> Advanced -> Update -> take your pick
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Thank you (though it was "Options", not "Preferences").
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

(though it was "Options", not "Preferences").
It's Options under Windows but lithopsian is running Linux so it's Preferences.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

The question really should be for Trustee:

Pre-release versions of Firefox are available for application developers long before they are released to the public. Why don't you work with them so that Trustee will already be compatible when the new Firefox version is released?
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Are You A Wiiizard?

Post by Are You A Wiiizard? »

DN123ABC wrote:

Thanks again.
ESR only updates Firefox versions every 7 versions or so. The updates it does do are mainly security updates so you don't want to disable on ESR.
James

Post by James »

DN123ABC wrote:

Thanks again.
It sounds like you were using Firefox 52 Release and not the seperate Firefox 52 ESR. A version on ESR channel will not upgrade to a Release version so you should not disable updates.

A version on ESR channel generally gets eight updates so 52.8.0esr will be out when Firefox 60.0 is Released next year. https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/organizations/faq/

ESR only gets security and allowed stability fixes, no new features like Releases can get.