New Flash Beta / No sound with latest Fx beta

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

New Flash Beta / No sound with latest Fx beta

Post by joeg »

There's a new Flash beta today (Flash Player: 26.0.0.89), but on my machine there's no sound in Flash-based videos when attempting to play them using Fx beta 54.0b2.

When viewing non-Flash vids in the browser, the sound is normal, including html 5 vids on YouTube, bbc.com, and the German site spiegel.de.

I've now gone back to the previous Flash beta (25.0.0.156), which works fine.

Can anyone reproduce this?

By the way, PLEASE don't turn this into a discussion of the virtues or evils of Flash. I'm only interested in knowing whether anyone else is experiencing the no-sound issue.

Thanks.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
toolong

Re: New Flash Beta / No sound with latest Fx beta

Post by toolong »

Hi Joeg

Using the same Flash beta and Firefox beta I have no sites where I do not get sound. I also have no problems with beta 3.

However I have had problems with some sites, mostly HTML5 but also Flash, that don't work well when Ublock is enabled.

May I ask for a url or two of sites that give you this problem?
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

@ The Tinsmith: Thanks for your reply; it encouraged me to look further.

It turns out that the Flash beta had changed the sound device settings it uses and was addressing my onboard sound rather than my external sound card.

I switched the settings, and everything is now fine.

Thanks again.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
toolong

Post by toolong »

Gee. I did not do anything. But I'm glad to help. :-)
joeg

Post by joeg »

The Tinsmith wrote:Gee. I did not do anything ...
Yes you did. You generously took some of your time to reply.

Again, thank you very much.