MozillaZine

The Official 20170501 builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Josa
 
Posts: 2595
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Post Posted April 30th, 2017, 9:03 am

Previous Nightly Builds thread 20170430

The Official 20170501 NIGHTLY builds are out
.The Official Firefox 54 Beta 4 builds are not yet out

Previous NIGHTLY: 20170430 (Fx 55.0a1)
Previous BETA: 20170428 (Fx 54.0b3)

Tinderbox Builds
Treeherder
Release Notes: NIGHTLY | BETA
Changelogs: NIGHTLY | BETA


Fixed:
    NIGHTLY +9
  1. #1360959 [Core:Audio/Video: GMP]-Fix assert in ChromiumCDMChild::RecvDecrypt() [Uns][]
  2. #1358104 [Core:DOM]-createElementNS() should now throw only InvalidCharacterError, not NamespaceError [Uns][]
  3. #1358926 [Core:Event Handling]-Location bar non-functional after closing dialog such as "Clear All History" and "Properties for bookmark" [Lin][]
  4. #1359717 [Core:Gecko Profiler]-Remove unnecessary SetIsPaused() calls [All][]
  5. #1123754 [Core:Gecko Profiler]-Move ProfilerMarker class declaration / definition to easily-findable places [All][]
  6. #1360766 [Core:Graphics: Layers]-Pre-initialize DeviceAttachmentsD3D11 [Uns][]
  7. #1358599 [Core:JavaScript Engine: JIT]-Use runtime checks for GC pre-barriers instead of patchable jumps [Uns][[qf:p1]]
  8. #1360241 [Core:Layout]-Devirtualize nsIFrame::GetType. [Uns][]
  9. #1360902 [Firefox:Developer Tools: Netmonitor]-Improve localization of netmonitor waterfall tooltip [All][]

    Partial Landings/Diagnostic Patches:
    None

    Beta 3 -> Beta 4 Changelog +10
  1. #1357169 [Core:CSS Parsing and Computation]-Back out bug 418833 and friends for 54 and 55 too. [Uns][]
  2. #1343139 [Core:DOM: Animation]-Assertion failure: !preTransformOverflows (GetVisualOverflowRect() won't return the pre-effects rect! [Uns][]
  3. #1304566 [Core:DOM: IndexedDB]-Crash in mozilla::dom::quota::QuotaManager::ShutdownObserver::Observe [Win][]
  4. #1334097 [Core:IPC]-Crash in OOM | unknown | mozalloc_abort | mozalloc_handle_oom | moz_xmalloc | mozilla::ipc::MessageChannel::MaybeUndeferIncall [Win][]
  5. #1359450 [Core:Plug-ins]-Force the use of wmode opaque when Firefox isn't using accelerated compositing [Uns][]
  6. #1354308 [Core:Security: Process Sandboxing]-Crash in IPCError-browser | This path is not allowed. [Win][]
  7. #1358889 [Core:WebRTC: Networking]-Crash in mozilla::SingletonThreadHolder::ReleaseUse_i [Win][]
  8. #1356637 [External Software Affecting Firefox:Other]-nahimic 2 blocks Firefox updates [Uns][]
  9. #1301056 [Firefox:File Handling]-[e10s] Link with target="_blank" to download a file leaves a about:blank window/tab open after the download [Win][[e10s-multi:-]]
  10. #1359806 [Toolkit:WebExtensions: General]-sessions.restore returns an array instead of an object [Uns][[sessions]triaged]

Nightly 55 fixes since 20170306 (Gecko 54) ~2751
Beta 54 fixes since 20170123 (Gecko 53) ~2481

Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Release Tracking
Last edited by Josa on May 1st, 2017, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grantius

User avatar
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: June 28th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Post Posted April 30th, 2017, 2:06 pm

lol @ the addons page stating that the uBlock Origin webext version from github is a legacy addon....

The only addon I have which isn't is the Chrome version of https everywhere that I installed
Micro gaming box: AMD A10-7800 APU, 8gb RAM M350 ITX case (size of a book), Windows 10/Ubuntu
Tablet/Laptop: Asus Transformer T100, Intel Atom 2GB RAM, Windows 10 x86
Mobile:Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro

streetwolf

User avatar
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: August 21st, 2011, 8:07 am
Location: NJ (USA)

Post Posted April 30th, 2017, 3:12 pm

Grantius wrote:lol @ the addons page stating that the uBlock Origin webext version from github is a legacy addon....

The only addon I have which isn't is the Chrome version of https everywhere that I installed


I asked the developer of the patch that added the Legacy designation for add-ons about uBlockO. uBO is a hybrid Webextension and the developer said it was intentional to call it a Legacy add-on. Hybrids are temporary until made into real WE's.
Intel i7 Quad Core 3770K @ 5Ghz|ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe|Corsair 1050W PSU|Corsair H100iV2 CPU Cooler|Corsair 16GB RAM|Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB|DUAL ASUS PA249Q IPS 24" LCDs|Samsung SSD 830, 840 256GB|2TB Seagate|Windows 10 Pro x64|AMD Crimson 17.10.1|FIOS 1Gb Internet

Grantius

User avatar
 
Posts: 1527
Joined: June 28th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Post Posted April 30th, 2017, 4:36 pm

streetwolf wrote:
Grantius wrote:lol @ the addons page stating that the uBlock Origin webext version from github is a legacy addon....

The only addon I have which isn't is the Chrome version of https everywhere that I installed


I asked the developer of the patch that added the Legacy designation for add-ons about uBlockO. uBO is a hybrid Webextension and the developer said it was intentional to call it a Legacy add-on. Hybrids are temporary until made into real WE's.


https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases has a 100% full webextensions version of uBlock Origin, and that's the one still showing as legacy. Unless that has embedded webextension inside the full blown webextension?
Micro gaming box: AMD A10-7800 APU, 8gb RAM M350 ITX case (size of a book), Windows 10/Ubuntu
Tablet/Laptop: Asus Transformer T100, Intel Atom 2GB RAM, Windows 10 x86
Mobile:Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro

marty60
 
Posts: 467
Joined: March 21st, 2012, 7:09 am

Post Posted May 1st, 2017, 5:53 am

Is anyone else having problems with image permissions and the latest nightly inbound? Individual domains are not blocking images when that's what it's configured to do in Page Info/Permissions. The only way to stop images from loading is to set permissions.default.image to 0 but that's overkill.

Since nightly hasn't been updated for a week I don't know when this started but it's with e10s off.

streetwolf

User avatar
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: August 21st, 2011, 8:07 am
Location: NJ (USA)

Post Posted May 1st, 2017, 9:46 am

Grantius wrote:
streetwolf wrote:
Grantius wrote:lol @ the addons page stating that the uBlock Origin webext version from github is a legacy addon....

The only addon I have which isn't is the Chrome version of https everywhere that I installed


I asked the developer of the patch that added the Legacy designation for add-ons about uBlockO. uBO is a hybrid Webextension and the developer said it was intentional to call it a Legacy add-on. Hybrids are temporary until made into real WE's.


https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases has a 100% full webextensions version of uBlock Origin, and that's the one still showing as legacy. Unless that has embedded webextension inside the full blown webextension?


I have the latest uBO webext version v1.12.3.1 and it's still a hybrid. There is a webextension folder inside of the xpi along with an install.rdf. I suspect having the install.rdf makes an add-on Legacy. I'm sure it will eventually be converted to a pure Webext.
Intel i7 Quad Core 3770K @ 5Ghz|ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe|Corsair 1050W PSU|Corsair H100iV2 CPU Cooler|Corsair 16GB RAM|Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB|DUAL ASUS PA249Q IPS 24" LCDs|Samsung SSD 830, 840 256GB|2TB Seagate|Windows 10 Pro x64|AMD Crimson 17.10.1|FIOS 1Gb Internet

gorhill
 
Posts: 142
Joined: February 10th, 2015, 8:00 am

Post Posted May 1st, 2017, 11:39 am

streetwolf wrote:I suspect having the install.rdf makes an add-on Legacy. I'm sure it will eventually be converted to a pure Webext.

Yes, it will be hybrid until all users of uBO from AMO have their uBO settings migrated to webext-compatible storage. So this means I need to publish the hybrid version way before FF57, to allow enough time for everybody to have their settings migrated.

I can't publish to AMO before FF54 is out, since one key API is not available before this version: onCreatedNavigationTarget.

avada
 
Posts: 1707
Joined: February 10th, 2008, 6:30 am
Location: Hungary

Post Posted May 1st, 2017, 12:14 pm

It looks like no-one's bothered by the bad text rendering. Anyway I filed: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1360933

GHM113

User avatar
 
Posts: 618
Joined: December 16th, 2015, 3:59 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Post Posted May 1st, 2017, 12:29 pm

Tab Groups API wontfixed ](*,)
I am an idiot. Sorry for my poor English. Current list of config tweaks: https://pastebin.com/1dCT4Cvp

bjherbison
 
Posts: 694
Joined: October 6th, 2003, 5:40 am
Location: Bolton, MA, US

Post Posted May 1st, 2017, 1:17 pm

GHM113 wrote:Tab Groups API wontfixed ](*,)

Which issue are you talking about? When I search "Tab Groups API" I the only relevant issue is seven years old and still open.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=577151

GHM113

User avatar
 
Posts: 618
Joined: December 16th, 2015, 3:59 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Post Posted May 1st, 2017, 1:31 pm

bjherbison wrote:Which issue are you talking about? When I search "Tab Groups API" I the only relevant issue is seven years old and still open.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1357214
Andy McKay also said WebEtensions would't support operations with files ](*,) RIP Session Manager :(
I am an idiot. Sorry for my poor English. Current list of config tweaks: https://pastebin.com/1dCT4Cvp

Josa
 
Posts: 2595
Joined: July 28th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Post Posted May 1st, 2017, 1:32 pm


Return to Firefox Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DaveLewis and 3 guests