Get rid of "Page actions"?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Get rid of "Page actions"?

Post by joeg »

Anyone who's used Win-doze for a week knows how to copy the URL, and the "Email link" function is still under File in the Menubar.

Is there any way to get rid of the latest useless bloat to the interface?

Thanks.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
sabret00the

Re: Get rid of "Page actions"?

Post by sabret00the »

They're going to add a few more things to the menu, but I'm sure if you really want it removed, by the time that 57 is production reader you'll be able to remove it with the built in CSS editor they plan to offer.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

Thanks. Since I'm planning to move to ESR when they start with web extensions, I guess this means I can dump Nightly now. It's no fun anymore.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

Mozilla Products are always fun, thats why we use them , this is another reason why i do not use nightlies. stick to the release channel an wait for the Volcano to erupt in November
joeg

Post by joeg »

Arch5 wrote:Mozilla Products are always fun, thats why we use them , this is another reason why i do not use nightlies. stick to the release channel an wait for the Volcano to erupt in November
:D
sabret00the

Post by sabret00the »

Personally I've been waiting for page actions since they added the share button to the customisation panel. But each to their own.
joeg

Post by joeg »

sabret00the wrote:Personally I've been waiting for page actions since they added the share button to the customisation panel. But each to their own.
Maybe I'm missing something. What is it about page actions that you see useful, please?
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

joeg wrote:
sabret00the wrote:Personally I've been waiting for page actions since they added the share button to the customisation panel. But each to their own.
Maybe I'm missing something. What is it about page actions that you see useful, please?
He's probably talking about this:

sabret00the

Post by sabret00the »

joeg wrote:
The page actions menu will include bookmark this page, save to pocket, copy url, email link, send to device, screenshot, share.

I personally don't care about pocket, email or screenshot but if it enables sharing to Telegram and sending to other devices, that in itself makes it highly valuble to me. As these two things I do A LOT!

Hopefully they add RSS in there too.
joeg

Post by joeg »

sabret00the wrote:... it enables sharing to Telegram and sending to other devices, that in itself makes it highly valuable to me. As these two things I do A LOT! ...
OK, thank you.
Sdar

Post by Sdar »

joeg wrote:Anyone who's used Win-doze for a week knows how to copy the URL, and the "Email link" function is still under File in the Menubar.

Is there any way to get rid of the latest useless bloat to the interface?

Thanks.
For userchrome or stylish:

Code: Select all

#urlbar-page-action-button {
  display:none !important;
}
joeg

Post by joeg »

@ Sdar

Perfect!!! Thank you very, very much.